Effect of rocket illumination on enemy detection capability

BaD CrC

So flying at night above a Zu23 doesn't trigger anything from them since, I can imagine, they don't see me without a radar.

So I set a trigger to release a illumination rocket above the area that I am overflying expecting the army of AAA spotting me and shooting at me, but no joy either. Is it the wrong way to do it or is DCS not capable of handling this kind of visibility considerations?

I think this topic was explored before, about 6 months ago. Can't find the thread now but if memory serves the general consensus was that AAA systems that don't have some sort of IR / EO / RADAR guidance, e.g. a truck-mounted or emplaced Zu-23, can't see aircraft at night and therefore won't shoot at them.

Not sure if aircraft lights make a difference, they appear to make player aircraft more visible to AI aircraft but I don't know if the same is true of AA systems.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Thanks guys,

Well I launched 4 illumination rockets from different part of the enemy airfield that I am overflying, while making sure I am flying under those rockets to get a real good lighting of my aircraft from the enemy Zu23. But nothing happens. Seems like artificial light is not taken into account. Would be good in the ME to find a way to make units believe it is daytime so they engage.