DCS WWII: Europe 1944

One question I think this might be sort of important..will we be allowed to place runways and camps into the mission editor..of our choice..meaning place remote airfields..and so on..let's say in my case allow to insert a " Ramitelli " airbase in Italy...just wondering...:music_whistling:

If there was going to be a map of Italy, it should be there anyway... ;)

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions about the new DCS WWII title

The news thread for this announcement is closed but I guess it is ok to ask a couple of questions?

1. Is the kickstarter funding needed to fund the basic game, or just the extended content?

2. What will be included in the free to pay version, versus the paid content?

3. The emphasis on online play is clear, and the AI ambition also sounds encouraging, will the game feature the usual high quality DCS campaign style and structure? Will there be a campaign for each aircraft, or one campaign in which the user can fly multiple aircraft types?

4. The aircraft listed are the flyable aircraft?

5. Are there any non flyable AI only aircraft planned alongside these?

6. Usual questions about the flyable bombers - will the crew positions be mannable, will players be able to play a coop mission where they man different crew stations on the same aircraft?

7. I know you would be very wary of setting a target date, but as this sim builds on the existing DCS World platform, it can't be five years into the future...any hints on a target release date?

8. Do people who contribute to the kickstarter funding get any considerations regarding premium status eg early access to beta, access to special content, special status online etc

9. That's it, all the best with the project!

Edited by heinkill
Second thoughts

Other question. That product wil have a "free" base with DCS: World or need paid for them with the new theater?

DCS WWII will also be distributed via a free-to-play model. The full-featured core game will be available as a free download

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1855052#post1855052

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hmm. That implies that one of the aircraft would be free ... else it would be "free to watch" rather than "free to play."

indeed.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

...I admit you guys are not the core audience for this decision.

Careful Luthier, just because we post here doesn't mean we are hard core over in IL-2 too.

If anything, following Third Wire's install should be a good idea. Both core bin files (folders) can be under one install, and use separate exe to run the time period. This will allow your separate WW2 themed GUI, and be able to use WW2 planes only (If desired). At the same time both cores can read the modules and maps allowing custom missions everyone is hoping for.

ED can adjust menu options accordingly and force server setting requirements and display on the server list whether it's WW2 or not.

LUA programming is very customizable in DCS and can open a lot of doors for a merged install.

Cheers :thumbup:

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

This all sounds very exciting Luthier, Wags!

I am really looking forward to the video on Sept 5th, I am sure it will answer a lot of questions.

I myself have never contributed to a kickstarter program, however with this I am thinking I very well may make it my first.

Sounds like some very good times ahead for us WWII lovers.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

P-51D logically.

I am not saying you are wrong, but that would be quite something as a freebie complete with a proper period environment to fly it in.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

P-51D logically.

P-51D in game mode or something like that, P-51D in sim mode would be getting the DCS P-51 for free which none of us did.

I would think that RRG would make a plane that they didn't necessarily have all that much data on, a 'sacrificial lamb' sort of plane, maybe one of the Italian planes for the freebie.

Well if the DCS WWII core items, such as vehicles, buildings, and other systems are not different from DCS World, then I really dont get the decision for 2 installs after all....

yeah, i agree with you Norm and unfortunately i disagree with Ilya...

Modules will be mutually compatible. So if you bought say an A6M5 Zero in 2016, or whenever it is we may end up in the Pacific, you could choose to put it into WWII or World.

This will however really help people new to DCS, especially WWII fans who don't care for modern jets, to just go and do WWII without worrying about MiG-29s on their tail. This of course also applies to modern aviation fans who just want to fly the Su-25 and not download B-17s.

Oh, and since I already left, one more point.

Separate installs also allow us to create a separate WWII-themed GUI. It's more important than it seems!

WHY ?

...coz i dont understand why Ilya is worry about WWII fans: they just modding more jets into IL2/BOB/COD just like MiG-15/17, F-86, F-4 Phantom and more

i say: everything is depends of missions (designers) , doesnt matter SP or MP

but if WWII use different GUI will this means DCSW missions wont be readable/usable in DCSWWII and vica versa ?

because that's also not a good idea - a different GUI

ED BIGGEST and SMARTEST decision was the WORLD: one world, one GUI, "one mission" but with infinite number of different modules in this one world

as i always said: ED unite us instead of divide/split us !

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

ED BIGGEST and SMARTEST decision was the WORLD: one world, one GUI, "one mission" but with infinite number of different modules in this one world

as i always said: ED unite us instead of divide us !

Because chances are high that you would see some modern stuff in your missions. Imagine you activate some zivil traffic on the streets and you are seeing a modern truck driving through a tankbattle of tigers vs fireflys. Or even a train loaded with bmps.

Just because civilian traffic is not maprelated but hardcoded. With seperated coremodules you would get rid of this. (Note, i don't know if it is actually that way, maybe civ traffic IS maprelated - but it was an example of what could happen)

I.

Love.

This.

I had my truck broken into this morning and this news has certainly turned my spirits around.

Since we are looking at stretch goals - might I suggest a dedicated server be one of them? WWII really requires some big fur balls and I am dying to see how true engine management will impact a players ability to exploit their plane as well as opponent weaknesses.

This is going to be great... And also very likely the first kickstarter I ever step up for.

Welcome back Ilya and team!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Maybe it would make sense to make the P51 F2P.

Its already raked in plenty of cash, why create another plane that will always be free and never generate any direct revenue. The SU25T wasn't always free after all, it came along with a paid for FC update irc.

I`ll put cash into this a:when it works straight out of the box and b:when it contains everything stated on the box, my memory is capable of remembering Pacific Fighters and CloD which was dumped on an unsuspecting community in a clearly un-finished state.

So Mr Shevchenko what assurances can you give the community that this new project isn`t going to be a dud????