Auto hover from cold and dark start up (or bug?)

YoYo

Hi gents

the autohover engaging conditions are not fuel lever position dependent

here are the conditions as a reminder

- ground speed < 18 km/h

- not at ground

- roll and pitch absolute values < 30 degrees

- absolute vertical speed < 60m/min

- gyro hot

- no autopilot mode engaged (speed nor altitude)

I knew it was <16km/h. Thanks.

A question: When land on a building, autohover can be engaged. Is that normal?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

A question: When land on a building, autohover can be engaged. Is that normal?

In the same vain.

Question: I can enable autohover in flight and use the collective to land and take off. I can't enable autohover whilst on the ground and do the reverse, is this correct?

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thank you Pat. That's great. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

In the same vain.

Question: I can enable autohover in flight and use the collective to land and take off. I can't enable autohover whilst on the ground and do the reverse, is this correct?

at the moment, autohover cannot be engaged when at ground

but autohover is not automatically disengaged when you land in autohover mode using the manual collective.

Auto hover (and other functions) are absolutely affected by fuel throttle position not being at 100%. Please see my explanation at the link below. I just spent several hours last night testing this before writing up that report. I confirmed what many people have seen, that the issues many people are having is due to the fuel lever position. It is mostly due to a noisy analog axis causing the fuel lever to wiggle back and forth, but I was also able to cause the problem by quickly tapping the PgDn button which moved the fuel lever back just enough to prevent the Auto Hover from working, but not enough to cause the Alarm light. Other stuff similarly failed to work in this state, but I did not do complete tests on those functions.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...3&postcount=12

The workaround of adding a small amount of dead zone at the top of the analog axis (I used Saturation X = 95% which adds a small dead zone at the top and bottom of the axis) totally solved the issue. But it does not get rid of the problem. Again, the problem can exist for anyone, even those using the mouse or keyboard to move the throttle lever if they do not make absolutely sure the lever it all the way forward.

As best I understand, on the real Gazelle, there is a button that is pressed when the fuel lever is all the way forward. This button is being simulated in DCS Gazelle, but it is only pressed at 100% throttle. If you are even a small amount back (99%?? or 98%??), then the button is not pressed and several aspects of the helicopter do not work. This button is critical for a real Gazelle. On a real Gazelle, for example, it tells the fuel control to take over and auto-throttle the engine. So if the button is not pressed, the helicopter will fly, sort of, but with great difficulty because the throttle will not change to overcome load changes. The Alarm light should light when the button is not pressed for obvious reasons. But in my tests, I was able to create the case where things were not working (the button was not pressed) but the Alarm light did not light. Regarding the fuel control, however, I think every time it shut down, the Alarm light was on. Again, I didn't fully test all aspects of this. I was focused on the Auto Hover function as affected by the fuel lever only.

Regards,

Michael

Saturation X=95% and DeadZone=5% solves everything for me. I do that from the beginning for all functions I use with any axis. So, I didn't encounter this problem.

But, Drakoz has good point.

I watched the video.

Neon, it seems your problem is different from this thread. I suggest you to open a new thread to investigate your experience.

About it; is there any another axis conflicting with your stick? Did you check axises according to this?

Autohover is directly dependent of rotor Rpm as it is coded now, only "not directly" linked to fuel lever position (from a coder point of view)

If rotor Rpm goes below the normal regulated Rpm, the auhover is disconnected

As soon as the fuel lever is not full forward, the rotor Rpm will decrease and go lower than the regulated value, so the autohover will disconnect

Before the main red alarm lamp was switched off a bit before full forward position, it's been corrected now.

There is no "button" as some may have written, the sound is the sound of the lever reaching its max position.

and same when in full backward position

I did my best to try to explain hope it means Something.

Edited by Pat01

Thanks. I wasn't sure if there was a button or not. I thought I read about this somewhere (not on the ED forums, but about a real Gazelle). I was unable to find the info again in the place I thought I saw it, so I must be mistaken. It is just the click from the fuel lever locking into it's full on position.

Regards,

Michael

Hi gents

here are the conditions as a reminder

- ground speed < 18 km/h

- not at ground

- roll and pitch absolute values < 30 degrees

- absolute vertical speed < 60m/min

- gyro hot

- no autopilot mode engaged (speed nor altitude)

Hi, is it obligatory to disable autopilot ?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

• 3 weeks later...

The new patch fixes this issue for me. The Alarm light now comes in any case where the throttle lever is not fully forward, and now gives positive feedback as to why Auto Hover or Auto Pilot functions aren't working.

So this means, for those having trouble getting Auto Hover or Auto Pilot features to work, if it is due to the throttle not being pushed all the way forward, or due to a noisy pot on an analog axis which you are using to control the throttle lever, now the main Alarm light will come on when the throttle lever is not all the way forward, or flicker on/off rapidly due to a noisy pot, giving you positive feedback that something is wrong.

Thanks Polychop!