DCS: SA342 Gazelle Q&A's

The_Fragger

So i found some sources stating that the 342M can carry 6 hot missiles in triple racks, but cant seem to find any pictures of it. Any one knows anything about it?

https://books.google.ae/books?id=zUu4AwAAQBAJ&pg=PA352&lpg=PA352&dq=SA+342L+hot+missile&source=bl&ots=vDSSn8bTAi&sig=s1-GJJhnKTudlZ9P4upUHlKbI4Q&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDz-v3zMPOAhXoDMAKHfZ_BHMQ6AEIPTAF#v=onepage&q=SA%20342L%20hot%20missile&f=false

Yeah seems like I got the SWFFB1....looking for FFB2. Once I can locate a couple will get FFB going.

AFAIK, the gameport to USB adapter won't work with the SWFFB1 because despite using gameport it's still a digital controller and the adapters only work with analog controllers.

But I definitely concur that a SWFFB2 should be the desired course of action. No Sidewinder software, but the stick works (at least in W7x64) well with generic drivers.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

• 3 months later...
If there was one in the default installation, why would we need a mod to do it?

Last post in that thread was from September. Quite a few patches since then which might have included an official English cockpit. But thanks for the clarification

• 3 weeks later...

Can we have higher resolution instruments they look low res and fuzzy.

What about an altitude DME that has better then 5mtr/division resolution. Maybe 2 by 7 segment LED's for Mtr.decimeter and only on from below 10mtr. :thumbup:

Could we also loose the out of focus effect of the near ground,. I'm 58 and can still focus on the toe of my boot and the road, at the lights at an intersection and the buildings down the road whilst on my bike. :music_whistling:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Can we have higher resolution instruments they look low res and fuzzy.

+1

I would be pleased if they could also remodel polygonal representation of a circle of the gauges? Cause right now gauges are very "humped" comparatively to any other aircraft in game even the oldest ones!

Windows 10/ I5-4690K/ Asus Z97-A/ Asus GTX 970/ 16 Gb DDR3 1600MHz/ 1920*1080 / TrackIR 5/ Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog/ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Have to agree - and the labels are the only ones I have to lean or zoom in on to be able to read. Maybe that's how they are in RL - I can't remember to be honest.

Maybe one of our excellent HD cockpit modders can do something here?

Not sure about the out of focus ground, though?

Edit: actually, it does look just a little fuzzy from the cockpit

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to equip Gazelle with 2 Mistral and 2 HOT ? :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Is it possible to equip Gazelle with 2 Mistral and 2 HOT ? :)

How would that work? They are both used on two different helicopters.

The version that fires HOT missiles is the SA-342M

The one that fires Mistrals is a subversion of the SA-342L wich itself is a militarized version of the civilian SA-342J.

Different engines, different camera systems, different airframes, different controls panels.

How would that work? They are both used on two different helicopters.

The version that fires HOT missiles is the SA-342M

The one that fires Mistrals is a subversion of the SA-342L wich itself is a militarized version of the civilian SA-342J.

Different engines, different camera systems, different airframes, different controls panels.

Well the 342L should also be HOT capable.

(The 342L was very commonly set up in the Anti-Tank role using HOT missiles and was exported in this configuration to many nations

some of which used it combat two examples being Iraq and Syria).

So the 342M is not the only Gazelle variant carrying the HOT.

and i wish our 342L could also be set up to carry the Hot

(instead of only having the Rocket/Gun setup).

Though i think the ability to carry the Mistral was Specialized so i think a 342L

was set up to carry either Mistral or Hot dont think it could carry both at the same time,

Though i dont know for sure either way.

Edited by mattebubben

Well the 342L should also be HOT capable.

(The 342L was very commonly set up in the Anti-Tank role using HOT missiles and was exported in this configuration to many nations

some of which used it combat two examples being Iraq and Syria).

So the 342M is not the only Gazelle variant carrying the HOT.

and i wish our 342L could also be set up to carry the Hot

(instead of only having the Rocket/Gun setup).

Though i think the ability to carry the Mistral was Specialized so i think a 342L

was set up to carry either Mistral or Hot dont think it could carry both at the same time,

Though i dont know for sure either way.

Let me try this.

If it works, I will post a mod!

Stay tuned................................

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

The Sa342L can be used with HOT (real world). 6, per the stats sheet. No night site though. Mainly export.

KuwaitAirForceSA342KGazzellewithHOT.jpg

I'd love to see this added to the in-game L. More punch per sortie.

Edited by ST0RM

AWESOME thanks!!! The ULTIMATE Gazelle version/mod! A2G & A2A capability! DOMINATING the battlefield! xD

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

WOW, storm, yeah 6 kills per sortie, nice! Btw how many km range have both ingame Gazelles (I bought the module just yesterday, will come home + install + fly it tonight :D ) ?

Edited above, forgot question mark lol