Bug: Pressing slave button in Multi-crew kills the pilot and rips off the tail boom

tom1502

Description: Pressing the slave button from the second seat kills the pilot and rips off the tail in multi-crew.

DCS Version: Latest stable release

Steam: Non-Steam Version

Map: Georgia Map

SP/MP: Multi-player in multi-crew

Reproducible: This happened each time the slave button was pressed from seat 2.

Step to Reproduce: Have two players in multi-crew, line the camera up on a target and then press the slave button. Pilot will die and the tail splits off below the exhaust, aircraft spins down out of control. Happened three times in a row.

Screenshot/Video available: Sorry, no.

Track Available: Afraid not.

Mission File: How do I attach the files to the forum?

Controllers:

PC 1: (Host)

• CH Combat Stick
  • CH Pro Throttle
  • CH Pro Pedals
  • CH Throttle Quadrant

PC 2: (Player)

• CH Pro Throttle
  • CH Pro Pedals
  • Thrustmaster Warthog stick

RAM: 16GB DDR3

GPU: nvidia GTX970

Mods: None

Any Additional Information: There are a couple of linked bug reports from the same sorties

Gazelle Variant:SA342M

Edited by tom1502

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

We tried to replicate this today and we didn't lose the tail. It did show the commander that slave was on (even though it wasn't), but the tail was intact. The slave can only be turned on my the pilot since it's on his stick.

Also were working on fixing the text for the commander side in the next update.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Interesting, we stopped doing it after the third death (we thought we'd been shot by tanks for the first two occasions). The third time was nowhere near any ground targets we were just testing different systems. We'll have to try it again and see what happens. Not sure why it killed the pilot either.

• Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Oculus Rift S

I've also has this happen while in multiplayer single crew. It happened to me 3 times the day of the update. It more so just happened while in a hover with or without auto hover and not immediately. It didn't seem reproducible though

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

UH-1H - Mi-8 - SA342 - KA-50

F/A-18C - F-15C - F-5E - SU-27 - SU-33 - Hawk - M2000C - A-10C - A-10A - P-51 - NTTR - Normandy - Persian Gulf

i7 7700k 4.7Ghz - 32GBs G.Skills RGB 3200Mhz - ASUS STRIX Z270F -

ASUS GTX970 STRIX - LG 34UM64-P 34" 21:9 - Track IR - X55 & Saitek Pedals - CHPL training

I've encountered it few times last time flying with friend. Every time I've gone to hover and slaved yaw to weapon officer, soon the boom was ripped off. My altitude controlling in meanwhile was soft and subtle - no harsh moves.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

We tried again this evening.

With me in the co-pilot seat the slave button would not work - so problem solved then. However, when the pilot pressed slave later on and the auto-pilot got knocked off after we hit the collective a bit hard, then it ripped the boom off. Otherwise it was fine.

Still had a couple of other problems though, I'll post them in their own thread though.

• Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Oculus Rift S