Gazelle Addict support thread

Hawkeye60

The first step towards a cure, is admitting you have a problem!:D

If you find yourself counting Gazelle's instead of sheep to get to sleep!

You find yourself drawing up plans to mount the emergency brake and throttle to levers to the roof of your car!

The dinner conversation goes like this, (true story, happened last night)

Wife, "Are you listening to me?"

Me, "Ammmm..... huh"

Wife, "I wish you would pay more attention to me. Ever since you got that headset, you've been spending way to much time flying that dam helicopter!"

Me, "But honey, It's fantastic! Just like being in the......."

Wife, "Yah yah, I think I see the problem."

Me, "chewing..............waiting'

Wife, " It's like, Folks, he may have gotten out of the helicopter, but he never left the airport!"

Me, "Phfft, (spitting out corn, trying unsuccessfully not to laugh)":megalol:

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Ahahah!

I had similar conversation with my wife, when BlackShark 2 was released. :D

They hardly understand us. I know some friends are very lucky, their wife/girl friends support them. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

They hardly understand us. I know some friends are very lucky, their wife/girl friends support them.

She is very good about my "addiction"

Likes to give me a hard time though.

I think she wishes there was a prescription available that would help with the the symptoms!:)

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

They hardly understand us. I know some friends are very lucky, their wife/girl friends support them. :)

Whenever we visit Virginia Beach, my wife always catches me looking up at the jets that go by. She knows I miss it. She also knows that she's my second love. :D

My wife doesn't support it, but she accepts it. I'll take that as a win! :joystick:

I guess the real questions is how many Gazelle tattoo's do you currently have? Because that's a true sign of an addict.

My wife and kids accept that I have my own hobbies. I try to include them in the flying, and slowly starting to get my daughters interested. My youngest has taken to trying to learn how o fly my Millennium Falcon Drone I have (one of the best ones I own, and I dare say indestructible). My oldest enjoys the occasional flight in my cockpit with the rift using the replay feature.

My wife enjoys the other VR stuff more. She really likes the VR rollercoaster. I'm not a fan. But she's understanding and has let me have my man cave in the basement.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

I know what you guys all talk about. Funny is, untill my girl and I went to an airshow the first time 4 years ago, she always looked at my first love as if i would be crasy.

All chanced when she saw a display, maybe the best display I have ever seen, of a finnish f18c.

2nd awesome display that impressed her was the f16c display of the "solo turk"

After that it was clear, she likes fast jets.

Unfortunately I could never convince her to fly the sim.

I even asked her if she wants to be the first woman to fly the gazelle, but she always rejected.

She supports it as long I still equal her like a fast jet and still admire her ;)

Well........

I'm afraid it's happened,

She started calling me Helicopter addict. (in jest)

Says it gets my attention. (Guilty:D)

I told her i liked Gazelle addict better but she made no promises.:megalol:

She really is supportive ever since we went to a airshow at Hanscom AFB.

I got to spend time looking in a F15 cockpit, very cool!

But most impressive was the F15 demo.

The pilot did a low and slow runway pass, then pulled back and went to full afterburner!

You could feel every organ in your body vibrating and the roar was quite deafening!

She looked at me and just shook her head up and down!

NOW she understood!:smilewink:

Mine, hates it. Probably, i gave reasons to. I am constantly, checking the ED forum, or my squadron forum, and when I can ( one 1,5 year kid and another coming) flying.... i neeed to schedule the flights, like real life... on Monday at 17:00 I have Gazelle flight.

Even worse, I am in a Spanish squadron, but I moved to Brazil, so, when I fly is at evening, and not at night, where most of married do. I thing, I ll have to check for another squadron!

I guess the real questions is how many Gazelle tattoo's do you currently have? Because that's a true sign of an addict.

Placement is more important than quantity. I might (but probably won't) give away a free Gaz serial to the first person that gets an actual Gazelle tattoo on the forehead.

Placement is more important than quantity. I might (but probably won't) give away a free Gaz serial to the first person that gets an actual Gazelle tattoo on the forehead. 08-22-2016 02:07 PM
Don't tempt Me!:mad:

You guys may have trouble believing such a rare breed exists... by my wife actually likes messing with sims with me... LOL

Every time I tell a sim buddy as much they don't believe it until they have seen it with their own eyes!

I actually took her for a flight in the Gazelle last night, letting her sit in the right seat using the Rift, and she had a blast blowing things up with the TOWs. Thanks to this I am free to binge away on the Gazelle and it's like. I'm lucky I reckon!

Of course a true addict would know it's a HOT3 and not a TOW missile...but the fact you can get your wife to fly - we'll overlook that.

You guys may have trouble believing such a rare breed exists... by my wife actually likes messing with sims with me... LOL

Every time I tell a sim buddy as much they don't believe it until they have seen it with their own eyes!

I actually took her for a flight in the Gazelle last night, letting her sit in the right seat using the Rift, and she had a blast blowing things up with the TOWs. Thanks to this I am free to binge away on the Gazelle and it's like. I'm lucky I reckon!

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

I come home from a hard days work and it is just so easy to reach for the machine that just glides into the air. I think it’s the answer to my problems as I turn a corner at a high roll angle and adjust for low level obstructions using the pedals only whilst maintaining speed and the corner.

I think I am curing my ills bringing the gazelle into an attack position quickly and positively, then snapping the nose into the targets direction for a faster target acquisition.

I have a problem.

My name is Rogue Trooper and I am a Gazzellaholic.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I know this feeling!:D

I sometimes (usually) postpone dinner a hour or so.:cry:

Sad really.

So I thought about calling in sick to work so I could fly.

I think I have the Gazellika virus.:D

Psh you thought of it. Ive missed days of work cuz dcs now

I must say it is dangerous being self employed and in charge of your own schedule... Coming off a weekend of being sick I took today off to make sure I'm fine when I start tomorrow... So what to do on my day off... :pilotfly::joystick::music_whistling:

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

So after a long hard day yesterday, I finally got to sit the seat of my "M" at about 10:00 pm.

Needed a quick fix before bed.

I set up a playground with 8 helicopter ships, all different, and upuaut's oil rig. (real nice)

Had great fun practicing and enjoying the eye candy.

Did not make it into Enforcer Hanger.:mad:

Buy the time I took the HMD off and looked at the clock, it was 12:15!:shocking:

I wasn't tired or sleepy either.:shocking:

I wanted to go again!:shocking:

This Gazelle is a drug.

Really!

And I can't stop!