MultiCrew So Far

twobells

Client in testing: 1.5 OB

Just a quick run down of my experience so far.

Myself and fellow 333VFG member Specter successfully tracked, targeted, released and destroyed 3 sams, however, currently there is no ground stabilization, lasing or fine control as referred to in the updated manual. Once I entered hover then auto collective, my gunner was able to take over horizontal control, slewing to target.

When a co-pilot joins your server and selects the co-pilot/gunner position in 'role' below you an invite will appear on the hosts screen, host highlight his name and then select 'accept'.

The commander (co/pilot) joins the SA342 and if you hit 'copilot point of view [RCtrl+RShift+Numpad key] ' the commanders (WSO) point of view now encompasses a much wider field of view.

To swap controls between the pilot and his commander hit the 'A' key.

Piece of advice, tell your gunner to employ his stick for targeting, not the micro-mouse (for slewing) such as the one on the TM Warthog throttle as the control via the joystick is far superior and more importantly pitched correctly.

I'd be very interested in feedback from anyone who was able to obtain fine targeting control with the micro mouse.

Update: as gunner the user sees a warning panel lit up like a Christmas tree as well as a perm lit caution light. As previously mentioned the micro mouse has very sloppy slew control, however, in this case stick is king.

On a second note, the pilot and the gunner need to closely work together, in that the auto hover and auto collective is controlled by the pilot not the gunner (unless as previously mentioned you tap the 'A' key wherein you swap controls) Remember also, that the pilot needs to use the auto slave toggle to roughly position the helicopter for the gunner until you hand off control to him.

Check the updated manual for the specifics.

Edited by twobells

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

Can I ask how you enabled it? I looked for the multi-crew option in the mission editor and cannot see it?

Just add it as a client as usual. It'll show the two positions in the slot list in multiplayer.

Would be a bit silly if you had to specify whether a helo could be multi-crewed or not...

Just add it as a client as usual. It'll show the two positions in the slot list in multiplayer.

Would be a bit silly if you had to specify whether a helo could be multi-crewed or not...

There is no editor option for multi crew. Just place gazelle in editor and go to multiplayer

I jumped onto the VA server earlier and hopped in a co pilot slot. Game changing man absolutely awesome

Isn't it?, incredible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

This is great, we had a great time with it just now.

One question, will we eventually be able to use a joystick ministick instead of main joystick to move the camera in multicrew?

It's not terribly realistic using the main joystick and it seems to conflict with the ministick if you still have it mapped.

Unmapping for multi cockpit and remapping for single cockpit is a bit of a hassle.

Cheers

Cool video, thanks for sharing. Looking good!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Did a practice/test run on a server earlier and was having a hard time find targets. Noticed another heli had followed me from base. Someone kept mentioning targets at left right etc totally forgetting about multi-crew an finally hit esc to roles screen to see s1 was in co-pilot, just the immersion of it alone, probably one of the best heli experiences I had online in DCS in awhile. TS gonna be a must.

Delivered, sir!

(PS I think I swear a couple times- just be warned)

Dude that was totally me flying lmao, I was like how the heck did we just die(thought maybe we clipped the power lines). Not sure if that's a bug so (as it looks like we go boom after we pass over em) :D Was funny. Nvr noticed the rotor an door glitches when u rejoined though I think they did mention somewhere that there were sync issues sometimes.

Edited by Call911

Don't forget to hit A to swap controls between the pilot and his gunner/co-pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did a practice/test run on a server earlier and was having a hard time find targets. Noticed another heli had followed me from base. Someone kept mentioning targets at left right etc totally forgetting about multi-crew an finally hit esc to roles screen to see s1 was in co-pilot, just the immersion of it alone, probably one of the best heli experiences I had online in DCS in awhile. TS gonna be a must.

Nice flying my friend! Thanks for letting me hop in! Yea not sure about the first death, I do think the second one was a glitch of some sort as it sounds like the chopper has a midair with itself, none the less it's very much usable in its current state and congrats to Polychop for fast and amazing work!

Let's fly again sometime! TS is a must, using the keyboard sucks!

Nice flying my friend! Thanks for letting me hop in! Yea not sure about the first death, I do think the second one was a glitch of some sort as it sounds like the chopper has a midair with itself, none the less it's very much usable in its current state and congrats to Polychop for fast and amazing work!

Let's fly again sometime! TS is a must, using the keyboard sucks!

Yeah I love the whole multicrew concept, it has been a long time a coming, hopefully this opens the door for the UH1 an the MI8 an future a/c. Have to also commend Poly on the flight model as it seems there getting close on it. Gonna practice more on my host on a lil practice mission I created after bit.

The 229th had jolly good fun yesterday flying multicrew with our friends in Australia and USA with very little problem. It was like Netheravon with all of these manned gazelles flitting about:) Apart from the sand;)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Took a flight with Eagle_Rising who happens to be a real helicopter pilot. His masking skills behind terrain is amazing. Wish I could get as good some day.

I watched that video with great interest, superb flying.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

You can fly the campaign missions directly without changing anything, just loading the mission in the server.

Then you'll be able to fly the "player" gazelle with a human copilot.

If you want more human controlled gazelles you'll have to add them in mission editor though.

Enjoy.

I had yesterday finally a chance to test out the multicrew, me with OR trying out both roles. It was bloody marvelous. THAT'S the way that the M-model is supposed to be flown, obviously.

I flew with a guy from Israel and we had no syncing problems or anything between Japan and Israel. Everything worked as smooth as possible from the multicrew point of view (the server rebooting and me flying straight into a Shilka's firing line is unfortunately not really something that I can blame on Poly-Chop :D ).

I also had good fun with quite a few guys on the 78th's server. We just went on a Ka-50s vs. SA342Ls (with an Mi-8 and couple of fast movers thrown into the mix occasionally) guns & rockets free-for-all kind of dog fight mayhem. The good visibility, the accuracy and agility of the Gazelle made it a blast and very competitive to fly :)

The Gazelle with all its different models and features is just incredibly fun and versatile module.

Thanks Poly-Chop!

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

Hi

You can fly the campaign missions directly without changing anything, just loading the mission in the server.

Then you'll be able to fly the "player" gazelle with a human copilot.

Tried this last night in Mission 1 and it was great fun.

Only issue we encountered was at the very end when the commander's Gazelle warning panel lit up and engine shut down but mine (host and pilot) didn't, we're guessing his version didn't take fuel at FARP London while mine did.

So it seems pilot and commander need to rearm/fuel together to keep the cockpits/fuel state in sync.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080