P-47 D-30 fuel grade.

So, I was just curious if anyone knew whether the D-30 in DCS wil use 130 grade or 150 grade fuel. Given that all German aircraft are very late marks I personally think the 150 grade would be necessary for the D-30 to be competitive. But who knows.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Weed Be gone Needed

I was already aware of the use of 150 grade fuel. If I had not been I would not have made this post :)

What I asked was whether or not it will get it in the game or not. I think if would be fair seeing as we are going up against very late model 109s and 190s. It should probably be assumed that IT IS later in the year since were getting a 109K (October 44) and a 190D (Dec 44 or Jan 45) OR that this is just a 8th air force P-47.

A standard K-4, which is what we should get, shouldn't give much trouble for the P-47.

Unfortunately we will most probably get the C3 1.98ata K-4 which was only around for the last few weeks of the war in Europe in penny packet numbers and not really documented that it actually was used.

The P-47 shouldn't get 150PN fuel.

I was already aware of the use of 150 grade fuel. If I had not been I would not have made this post :)

What I asked was whether or not it will get it in the game or not. I think if would be fair seeing as we are going up against very late model 109s and 190s. It should probably be assumed that IT IS later in the year since were getting a 109K (October 44) and a 190D (Dec 44 or Jan 45) OR that this is just a 8th air force P-47.

I added the info so people can get an idea of when 150 grade was introduced to the 8th AF and how it improved the P-47D's performance (albeit, not specifically the -30): hopefully it will be an option for the P-47D...

Sorry Friedrich my response was rather rude, I apologize.

Why would we get the 1.98 ata K? I thought that was severely debunked in the forums already? Also, the screenshots show the gauge going to 1.8 ata, so what makes you think it will be 1.98ata. I certainly hope its not 1.98 that would ridiculous.

But A non 150 grade fuel 47 hits about 435, whereas with 150, as friedrich kinda posted, can get up to 444 or so.

Sorry Friedrich my response was rather rude, I apologize.

Why would we get the 1.98 ata K? I thought that was severely debunked in the forums already? Also, the screenshots show the gauge going to 1.8 ata, so what makes you think it will be 1.98ata. I certainly hope its not 1.98 that would ridiculous.

But A non 150 grade fuel 47 hits about 435, whereas with 150, as friedrich kinda posted, can get up to 444 or so.

I didn't read your response as being rude, so no apology needed. :thumbup:

The power curves show that with 150 grade the maximum speeds were reached at lower altitudes; about 23 & 25,000 ft for 65" & 70" Hg respectively:

p-47-level_zpsa82ce356.jpg

Climb rates:

p-47-climb_zps64007f9e.jpg

Fw 190D-9 speeds:

fw190d-9-levelspeed-comp_zpsa9bbc6b9.jpg

Focke-Wulf test results:

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/fw190/Fw_190_D-9_C3.pdf

So if were talking 20k on up to say 35k. The P-47 would be slightly more agile and if its using 150 grade fuel equal in speed. Without the 150 grade fuel, the P-47 is slower except at very very high altitudes above 30k-ish. IMO, if were getting at late model 109, we should get a P-47 has late war fuel in order to compete more realistically. I feel that it would somewhat lessen the joy of flying the Jug if I have to go up against a 109K in the least favorable conditions that can be conjured. ie: a late model 109K vs a D-28 or D-30 P-47 without the fuel it would have had during the era the 109k actually existed. Without the 150, the 109 will be decidedly superior. With 150, I feel they would be about even.