Backer Rewards Section is Finally Here

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/posts/787617

Well, it took way, way more blood and guts than anyone could ever imagine, but we finally have it.

If you’re a project backer, you can manage your rewards here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/backer/

We also have a closed Backers forum here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=326

This is currently in beta – feel free to play around with this as much as you like.

Please note that this only shows the rewards from the rewards matrix.

Anticipated problems:

Log-in and email mix-ups;

Wrong reward selection;

Wrong tier selection;

Bad logic when selecting eclectic reward combinations.

Missing features:

Not currently showing Completed Rewards for those of you who have already received your product keys;

Not showing non-matrix rewards for higher tier backers, such as custom aircraft paintschemes.

Here’s how this works.

Whether you backed on kickstarter or via paypal, you should be able to use this system.

Please note that the DCS site requires two separate logins, one for the site, and the other for the forums.

The Backer section is linked to the email address you used for your pledge.

If you already have a digitalcombatsimulator.com account linked to that email, you should be able to log in and immediately use the Backer Rewards page.

If you do not have a digitalcombatsimulator.com account linked to that email, please create one. It will give you access to all features on the site, including the Backer Rewards page.

If you already have a digitalcombatsimulator.com account linked to a different email address, unfortunately we do not have an automated way to deal with that. Please email dcswwii@eagle.ru from the email address currently on your DCS profile (not the kickstarter backer email address) and let us know which email address you used to back the project. We’ll be changing the backer email address to your DCS account email address (not the other way around).

Same goes for the forums.

If you already have a forums.eagle.ru account, and it uses the same email you used to back the project, you should be able to log in and get access to the backer forum automatically.

If you do not have a forums.eagle.ru account, create one with the same email you used to back the project, and you should get access to the backer forum.

If you already have a forums.eagle.ru account, but it uses a different email address than the one you used to back the project, unfortunately we do not have an automated way to deal with that. Please email dcswwii@eagle.ru from the email address currently on your forum profile (not the kickstarter backer email address) and let us know which email address you used to back the project. We’ll be changing the backer email address to your forum account email address (not the other way around).

Now, if you are using one email for the digitalcombatsimulator.com account and a different email for forums.eagle.ru, then unfortunately we won’t be able to link them. You’ll have to create a new account with a matching email address in one place or the other.

We'll be adding the missing features in the next couple of days. Hopefully no serious issues will be found in beta, in which case we'll be going live ASAP.

For any issues, please post in the Backer Forum, or email dcswwii@eagle.ru.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked here. Thanks Ilya.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
yeah, backers section here as well,...but cannot access to backers forum here...

You have to authorize your account through the DCS website, see the first link in the update:

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You have to authorize your account through the DCS website, see the first link in the update:

?i can chose the rewards...although there is already an error for my pledge...

but where to i authorize so that i get access to the forum?i must be overlooking something

DavidRed, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

How to do I actually get a download link for the beta?

I back through Paypal and created an account clicked on my 6 options - which was all the aircraft and it says "Saved".

DSC World

F/A-18C

A-10C

CPU: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.2Ghz

GPU: EVGA SCC ACX 2.0 - GTX 970 x 1

HD: 512Gb Samsung SSD 840 Pro

Monitor: Dell U2713HM 27"

Reference Monitor: iPad Air 9.7"

Headtracking: TrackIR 5.0

Headphone: Bose QC35 II (N/C On)

Mic: ModMic 5.0

Controls: Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Stick (A10C) and Throttle

Keyboard: Logitech G19S

Mouse: RAZER BASILISK

DavidRed, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I get the same thing, but I know that the email addresses I used to back the project and here on the forum are different, I followed the instructions to email them and hopefully it will get sorted out.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Phew, complicated!

My ED account email is different from my backer email. So I could neither access the rewards page nor the backer-only forum.

"Clever" as I am, I just changed my ED account email to my backer email. Now I can access the rewards page. But I still can not access the backer forum.

After re-reading Ilyas post I learned that this was not the correct way? (I wonder why not?) Instead I should have emailed RRG, right? Or is my account now totally screwed up ...? :cry:

My account on ED's Website was linked to my backer information but unfortunately I used a different email for this forum account. I changed my forum account email to the right one, followed the activation link from my confirmation email but I am still unable to access the closed backer forum. I also sent an email as directed in the update explaining what I have done so hopefully it will be sorted out in no time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

I get the same thing, but I know that the email addresses I used to back the project and here on the forum are different, I followed the instructions to email them and hopefully it will get sorted out.

Are you submitting just the first part of the e-mail address, the part before, and not including the @ ...that is what got me in :smartass:

• If you already have a forums.eagle.ru account, but it uses a different email address than the one you used to back the project, unfortunately we do not have an automated way to deal with that. Please email dcswwii@eagle.ru from the email address currently on your forum profile (not the kickstarter backer email address) and let us know which email address you used to back the project. We’ll be changing the backer email address to your forum account email address (not the other way around).

Now, if you are using one email for the digitalcombatsimulator.com account and a different email for forums.eagle.ru, then unfortunately we won’t be able to link them. You’ll have to create a new account with a matching email address in one place or the other.

now isnt this a bit contradicting?

i do have two different mail addresses.one for this forum, and the other which i use for the kickstarter site and digitalcombatsimulator.com....

now, am i supposed to email them that they then change one of my mails?

or do i have to create a new account here?

[list] 
[*]If you already have a forums.eagle.ru account, but it uses a  different email address than the one you used to back the project,  unfortunately we do not have an automated way to deal with that. Please  email [url="http://mailto:dcswwii@eagle.ru"]dcswwii@eagle.ru[/url]  from the email address currently on your forum profile (not the  kickstarter backer email address) and let us know which email address  you used to back the project. We’ll be changing the backer email address  to your forum account email address (not the other way around).
[/list]
Now, if you are using one email for the [url="http://digitalcombatsimulator.com"]digitalcombatsimulator.com[/url]  account and a different email for forums.eagle.ru, then unfortunately  we won’t be able to link them. You’ll have to create a new account with a  matching email address in one place or the other.

i do have two different mail addresses.one for this forum, and the other which i use for the kickstarter site and digitalcombatsimulator.com....

They seem to want the e-mail/and password that was used to pay/sign in at KS...only the part before the @ sign

yeah that confused me too. You can probably just leave your account as is and just email them like it says and it will work it self out. I decided to change my email on my forum account to match my backer and ED account but I used the email my forum account use to be registered to, to explain all this and ask for access to the closed forum. I'll just sit tight for now and see what happens.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

I thought about changing it on the forums and the website to match Kickstarter, but was too afraid it would muck everything up and make it harder to get everything working. Hopefully they can straighten it out.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

• ED Team

Sounds like you could request your email at digitalcombatsimulator.com change to match your forum email.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

If you already have a forums.eagle.ru account, and it uses the same email you used to back the project,you should be able to log in and get access to the backer forum automatically.

I had to save my selections before Access was granted. I use the same email for everything.

If you do not have a forums.eagle.ru account, create one with the same email you used to back the project, and you should get access to the backer forum.

If you already have a forums.eagle.ru account, but it uses a different email address than the one you used to back the project, unfortunately we do not have an automated way to deal with that. Please email dcswwii@eagle.ru from the email address currently on your forum profile (not the kickstarter backer email address) and let us know which email address you used to back the project. We’ll be changing the backer email address to your forum account email address (not the other way around).

Basically, From what I Gather, Email Address for DigitalCombatSimulator.com Kickstarter.com and forums.eagle.ru must all be the same, as this is the method most likely being used to transfer rights/permissions/data.

So, Whatever Email You use on Kickstarter.com, should be used on DigitalCombatSimulator.com, and once you save your rewards, your Account in the Forum Database is Given Permission to access the Backer Section.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND MAKING A SECOND FORUMS.EAGLE.RU ACCOUNT.

As this can be perceived as Violation of Forum Rule 1.11:

1.11. - Multiple user accounts and proxy accounts are not allowed on this forum. Will any such account be removed.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs