PayPal - Let's Call this a Quick Beta

luthier1

PayPal takes a piece too

That's true, but what I was saying it's not worth putting the Pay Pal money through the KS program as they will take even more.

PP seems to charge about 3% but also a flat fee on each transaction. I don't think the $1 pledge level is going to be worth it in the end.

KS takes about 5%, amazon take a cut as well.

All right, THANK YOU to everyone who tried PayPal.

Seems to work. Going to make an official update on it.

I am an "old" backer. I still want to use Amazon (actually can't use PayPal). Would it be possible to get the same modularity : I would like the 80$ level here, alpha access+1 aircraft book (or 2 aircraft books, not sure)? So I pledge 80$ on Kickstarter and you contact me later to see what I really want

I pretty much did this to Kickstarter a couple of days ago, but then never published the changes. This added 15 new rewards (they went up to higher levels than on PP). Old rewards still stayed in there. This created a gazillion rewards in the $1-$100, some available, some unavailable, lots of text, lots of words, this one's available, that one isn't, what's the difference between the old $50 and the new $60, etc.

My feeling was that if this is making me the creator all confused and dizzy, it would make the backers' heads explode.

And yes. We will offer a modular structure on your rewards for KS as well. Pretty much the same way as it is on the PP page right now, except we won't swap out the DCS World licenses. But, if your reward says Tshirt and you want a manual, or if it says a manual and you want an extra alpha access for a friend, that's fine.

I mean, we can have a backer vote right now and try to see if you want the new rewards in there after all so you can select exactly what you need - but I'm afraid cluttering up the rewards even further that will do more hard than good.

Ok next question, will you solve requests to up pledges made on paypal if possible in time ?

for example 2 payments of 10$ to change that in one goal of 20$?

This will make management a nightmare. I'm the guy who does everything, there's literally no one else managing the kickstarter and now paypal. I'll be the guy doing all the merchandise too, production, shipping, it's all on me.

Nothing is preventing you from making multiple PayPal pledges, but I have to say that there exists a chance of me messing something up and processing your upped $20 as two separate $10 backers and just issuing you double the $10 rewards.

I'm going to be double-checking everything, especially PayPal related, and confirming things twice before I send them out, but if I miss something on my end, and you're on vacation when you get that confirmation email, you might end up getting eight T-shirts in the mail or something.

So now a $60 pledge can get you the D9 for DCS World?

Edit: Luthier also says "Any combination means exactly that! If you select a reward tier with 5 extras, you can make it five different items, or five copies of the same item, or three copies of one item and two of the other, or any other combination you can think of."

Unless Im missing something there is no reward tier that has five extras!? This is a very confused (and confusing) project. I sincerely hope they succeed and will support the team and pledge before the deadline, I just need to see some clarity and joined up thinking first. At least for the requested pledges.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

And yes. We will offer a modular structure on your rewards for KS as well. Pretty much the same way as it is on the PP page right now, except we won't swap out the DCS World licenses. But, if your reward says Tshirt and you want a manual, or if it says a manual and you want an extra alpha access for a friend, that's fine.

Is there no way with the kickstarter pledges to give us the option of picking something instead of a DCS World licence Luthier? I'm backing at the $110 level atm (plus $12 postage), however already own the P-51D, would it not be possible to swap it for a spitfire manual instead? I only backed at this level so I could get the Alpha access and the FW-190 in the same package. :huh:

I was strongly considering increasing my pledge upon seeing the Paypal reward options, as being able to select what rewards I got would be great.

Just reread what you wrote Luthier, and I can understand not swapping digital items for physical ones due to postage costs, however does that mean that paypal backers that pledge $120 could choose to get 4 manuals and no licence keys for DCS World?

Edited by Azref

So now a $60 pledge can get you the D9 for DCS World?

as i understand for $60 you will get:

P-51D Mustang (from DCS: World) this month

Focke-Wulf FW.190D-9 (from DCS: World) in Feb 2014

Republic P-47D-28 Thunderbolt;

Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX;

Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4;

Messerschmitt Me.262A-1. (if goal reaches level2 $150K)

+ T-shirt + alpha access in in Feb 2014

sign-pic4.jpg

Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4;

For DCSWW2 OR DCSW? Was $85 before for DCSW...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4;

No, how do you figure?

$60 gets you all the flyables in DCS WWII, and ONE extra.

So, you get all the (hopefully) six planes in a year, when DCS WWII is released, the 109, P-51, P-47, Spit, Dora, and the 262. In addition to that you can select ONE additional item out of the available extras - the T-shirt OR alpha access OR an early DCS World license for one aircraft.

The Dora license for the World is only supposed to be available for the $80 pledge or higher to match the Kickstarter levels.

If you have already pledged $60 on PayPal (three people so far) I have already marked you as a special case that can choose the Dora in World because it was not specified when you selected your reward.

sorry but i can read (dates) here in http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/WWII/backer_paypal.php

Alpha Access to DCS WWII (available Feb 2014)

Copy of DCS World: P-51D Mustang (available Oct 2013)

Copy of DCS World: FW.190D-9 (available Feb 2014)

Right, but you can only select ONE extra, not three for $60. You can select three extras for the $100 pledge.

• ED Team

Hmm so latest kickstart update says that PayPal will be left open till they reach 150k, so that means the Me 262 should happen unless pledges dry up completely... what is the minimum pledge for stretch goal rewards? I think I am in the green, but I am still confused most days :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

copy that but what does the alpha access means: we can fly spit, p-47 and bf-109 in an early sim ?

Alpha is the alpha access to DCS WWII.

Alpha will be the Normandy map and about 50% of the other content. It'll obviously be the P-51 and Dora since they're much further along, plus we'll see which planes are in the best shape by the time we go alpha. I'm not going to list the planes we have tentatively planned, just in case.

The alpha will not be a finished game by any means! That's why it's an alpha. It'll be buggy and incomplete, which is the whole point. We will be doing very frequent version updates during alpha testing and we'll likely keep it going all the way into beta, gradually improving and expanding the game until we get to 100% of the features.

I strongly encourage everyone not to opt in for alpha testing if you want to treat it as an early opportunity to have fun. Alpha is a way to offer direct input on the incomplete game as it is being developed, at the cost of working with a work-in-progress application that is by definition incomplete and unfinished and imperfect.

Thank you Ilya. I will be interested by changing the reward indeed. So I might well up my pledge thanks to this new modularity. But I am staying on Kickstarter, so let us know how you will deal with us that want to change one reward for another.

All right, so we already have Kickstarter backers canceling their pledges and re-pledging on PayPal.

Please do not do that! This is the exact opposite of what we were trying to achieve.

If this are the consequences of adding the matrix extras on PayPal, then I clearly need to add the same exact rewards to KS.

All right, so we already have Kickstarter backers canceling their pledges and re-pledging on PayPal.

Please do not do that! This is the exact opposite of what we were trying to achieve.

If this are the consequences of adding the matrix extras on PayPal, then I clearly need to add the same exact rewards to KS.

As long as you don't loose 28K in pledges on KS it probably isn't a bad thing. Seems KS + Amazon payments take 8-10% of the total where Paypal take 20p + 3% so as long these pledges are over $10 you should get a higher % overall?

As long as KS stays over $100k it will still go though. Just people are more likely to pledge to KS if they see lots of other pledges of course.

OK, extras-style rewards added to KS.

Not closing out any existing rewards.

Going to edit in an explanation on the main page now.

About my previous post, if it is possible to select 70+12 to have the 80 level here, it's fine for me :)

Just go to the new 80 dollar matrix tier :)

As long as you don't loose 28K in pledges on KS it probably isn't a bad thing. Seems KS + Amazon payments take 8-10% of the total where Paypal take 20p + 3% so as long these pledges are over $10 you should get a higher % overall?

As long as KS stays over $100k it will still go though. Just people are more likely to pledge to KS if they see lots of other pledges of course.

No I'd rather not take any chances.

I am also not sure if all the cancellations I saw after that news were people cancelling in order to move to PayPal, or if they just left in disgust. Again, I'd rather not lose any existing backers to ANY reason.

So $80 will get me the D9 for dcsw and say..the D9 printed manual? If so I will pledge now..

According to the matrix: yes!

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S