PayPal - Let's Call this a Quick Beta

luthier1

[Edit] Not beta any more.

Please only use PayPal if you are unable to plegde via Kickstarter!

Please click here for PayPal option for DCS WWII.

Please note that your PayPal pledges will not be automatically added to the kickstarter total. These will be tallied manually and published about twice a day.

The PayPal total will be added to the kickstarter total for the overall project pledge amount.

The biggest difference is the fact that the reward matrix shown on the PayPal page is a bit different from Kickstarter rewards.

The add-on rewards are ANY combination of the items listed below:

PHYSICAL EXTRAS

Strategy Manual (available Sept 2014)

Plane Manual - P-51 (available Dec 2013)

Plane Manual - FW-190 (available Feb 2014)

Plane Manual - Spitfire (available Sept 2014)

Plane Manual - P-47 (available Sept 2014)

Plane Manual - Bf.109 (available Sept 2014)

Plane Manual - Me.262 (available Sept 2014)

Project T-Shirt (available Dec 2013)

Project Poster (no frame) (available Dec 2013)

DIGITAL EXTRAS

Alpha Access to DCS WWII (available Feb 2014)

Copy of DCS World: P-51D Mustang (available Oct 2013)

SPECIAL: Copy of DCS World: FW.190D-9 (available Feb 2014). ONLY AVAILABLE WITH THE $80 PLEDGE OR HIGHER.

Any combination means exactly that! If you select a reward tier with four extras, you can make it four different items, or four copies of the same item, or three copies of one item and one of the other, or any other combination you can think of.

Why are we not adding the same matrix to Kickstarter?

We are not doing another reshuffling of the rewards because the system is already confusing as it is. We cannot remove or hide existing rewards. The only change available is to add another set of rewards, and that would make the list even more confusing to choose from.

If you feel strongly about the matter and you think we should add another dozen rewards to the Kickstarter, please let us know. If there is strong backer support for it, we will definitely do it.

Our main goal is to make all our backers happy. This includes rewards. If you wish to swap out your selected reward for another one, PayPal extras style, we will certainly be happy to accommodate. There is going to be a process available to backers after the campaign ends that allows you to select reward options, such as T-shirt size or the type of plane manual, as well as your shipping address. We will also work with you to make sure you receive exactly what you want for your rewards.

What exactly are you getting?

You are pre-purchasing DCS WWII: Europe 1944, an upcoming flight simulation.

The simulation will be released in fall of 2014.

Any digital rewards, such as flyable aircraft in the initial release, DCS World aircraft, or beta access, will be delivered to your email as product keys.

Any physical products will be shipped to you when they are available. Availability date is listed next to each extra.

How much is the shipping?

Domestic or international shipping is included and averaged out in each reward tier.

For international users, all physical extras will be shipped in a single package, at the time when the last ordered item becomes available.

For domestic users, we will do a maximum of two packages, in case you select one item available this year, and another item available next fall.

How do I select my extras?

We will contact you soon after the DCS WWII Kickstarter campaign ends with instructions on how to specify which extras you would like to receive. You will be able to specify the extras themselves, as well as any other options, such as a T-Shirt size.

We will contact you again before we ship out your physical extras to give you an opportunity to change your mind.

How do I specify my shipping address? What if it changes?

We will contact you soon after the DCS WWII Kickstarter campaign ends with instructions on how to specify which extras you would like to receive. If you specify physical extras, you will be able to specify a shipping address.

Since some physical items will not be mailed out for almost a year, we will contact you again before we ship out your physical extras to make sure you are still at the same address.

Will I be able to access the Kickstarter backers-only section?

Sorry, there does not appear to be a way for us to give you access to the backers-only section on Kickstarter if you are not a Kickstarter backer.

We will have a closed forum section on our official site, to which all PayPal and Kickstarter supporters will receive an invitation.

I don't understand the DCS World P-51 and FW.190D-9 Extras

DCS WWII will come out next year. DCS World is available now. You can already fly the P-51 in DCS World, while the FW.190D-9 comes out early next year, well before the release date of DCS WWII.

If you wish to fly these aircraft earlier, you can select these rewards now. The P-51 license will be issued to you soon after the Kickstarter campaign ends, while the FW.190D-9 license will be issued early next year when the DCS World version of the aircraft will become available.

Please note that the FW.190D-9 license for DCS World is only available for an $80 pledge or higher due to the fact that the product is not yet released.

What are my options for the Total Flyables column?

You can choose the appropriate number of flyable aircraft out of the following list:

Republic P-47D-28 Thunderbolt;

Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX;

Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4;

Messerschmitt Me.262A-1 (if kickstarter stretch goal is reached);

Focke-Wulf FW.190D-9;

North-American P-51D Mustang.

Please note that the FW.190 and P-51 aircraft here are the same planes as the available digital extras. The only difference is access date. The aircraft listed in Total Flyables will be available with the main release of DCS WWII, or with the alpha or beta versions if you opt in for the testing program.

Selecting these aircraft in the DCS World application simply allows you to fly their release versions before DCS WWII: Europe 1944 comes out.

Why are we not adding higher pledge options to PayPal?

Simplicity. If there is strong demand, we can reconsider. The drop-down we have can only have ten options, so we'd need to have multiple drop-downs or a dozen separate buttons, one for each option.

When will you stop accepting PayPal?

When we reach our 150K combined goal via the two sources.

Can I change or cancel my PayPal pledge?

Sure. Please contact us for a refund at any time before your rewards are sent out.

Please click here for PayPal option for DCS WWII.

Edited by luthier1

Pledged xD

Are you running it till the end of the kickstarter, like it is now ? I ask this because after the kickstarter , you could drop those low pledge levels( or even at this very moment with paypal)

(be aware of multiple payments though, from a single person, especially with the lower pledges)

Edited by Cnuke

I am an "old" backer. I still want to use Amazon (actually can't use PayPal). Would it be possible to get the same modularity : I would like the 80$ level here, alpha access+1 aircraft book (or 2 aircraft books, not sure)? So I pledge 80$ on Kickstarter and you contact me later to see what I really want.

It is something widely asked on the kickstarter, so it would be good to have the same amount of modularity there as well.

Well - I see a small "problem" here as this way gives us more control of our package ;)

I have already pledged $110 and then $12 for T-Shirt delivery with a sum of $122. And then I will get the P-51 that I already have. But what I really want is to select my "own package" with D9 + alpha access and nothing more (I'm a digital guy so reading a PDF manual on my Kindle Paperwhite is better anyway).

So - if I choose the $100 package with paypal you get less money, and I get more of what I want... And you get to pay the shipping that is "included".

So - I'm sorry, but I will drop my pledge from Kickstarter and go this way instead, and I think others may do the same. So don't be disappointed if you see the Kickstarter pledges go down!

It really would be better to be able to select and amount to pledge above 120 too... I really just want alpha access and the D9, but maybe want to pledge 150? And it's better you keep the gadgets and the shipping costs for the project ;)

EDIT - realized I actually get what I want, alpha + D9 for $80 via PayPal... And as a part of the difference from my $122 pledge goes to a T-Shirt that I don't want an shipping it makes that PayPal option even more juicy.

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

Well - I see a small "problem" here as this way gives us more control of our package ;)

I have already pledged $110 and then $12 for T-Shirt delivery with a sum of $122. And then I will get the P-51 that I already have. But what I really want is to select my "own package" with D9 + alpha access and nothing more (I'm a digital guy so reading a PDF manual on my Kindle Paperwhite is better anyway).

So - if I choose the $100 package with paypal you get less money, and I get more of what I want... And you get to pay the shipping that is "included".

So - I'm sorry, but I will drop my pledge from Kickstarter and go this way instead, and I think others may do the same. So don't be disappointed if you see the Kickstarter pledges go down!

I see the same problem but an easy solution. Luthier can't change the rewards on the kickstarter but he can easily ask everyone who pledged once the ks is over what they want and instead of honoring the reward as stated on Kickstarter offer you exactly the same choices. It's a bit of work to go through all that, but I think that's what should be done.

If a mass of people now start cancelling their KS pledge to move over to paypal, this could still bring the house down!

So let's all please wait for a statement of Luthier!

MAC

• Like 1

I see the same problem but an easy solution. Luthier can't change the rewards on the kickstarter but he can easily ask everyone who pledged once the ks is over what they want and instead of honoring the reward as stated on Kickstarter offer you exactly the same choices. It's a bit of work to go through all that, but I think that's what should be done.

If a mass of people now start cancelling their KS pledge to move over to paypal, this could still bring the house down!

MAC

I agree. Lets all "sit down in the boat" as we say in Sweden until we hear from Luthier!

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

Yep, exactly what I hoped. Actually it would make me up my pledge ;), but I will not cancel anyway.

MAC

I like the page layout, maybe add a video such as this one, to show the P-51 in World

Yes, he said it was beta and so I'm sure there will be changes. I don't think its too fair to stick him with a other side of the world shipping charge. Unless of course, that's what he wants, and the page has no errors

Edited by GT 5.0

The other thing could be to allow KS backers to select extras (at a cost) on the new paypal section. For instance I'd like alpha access.

Would require some cross checking to ensure people are eligible from the KS though. A tick box for now declaring "yes I'm a kickstarter backer and know that if I'm lying I may not be eligible for my selected rewards".

Hopefully the team will tally up the totals and put the money towards the stretch goals.

good job Ilya :thumbup:

i have only one question: will the paypal amounts raise the sum of your projects amount as well?

i mean: theoretically if KS ~130K$ + paypal ~20K$ amounts reaches 150K$ will it mean you just reached your "level2" goal and then will you made the flyable Me-262A1 ?

ok, i got my answer here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/WWII/backer_paypal.php

"Please note that your pledges will not be automatically added to the kickstarter total. These will be tallied manually. The PayPal total will be added to the kickstarter total for the overall project plege amount." :thumbsup:

but Please guys use PayPal ONLY if you can't pledge on KickStarter ! ! !

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

good job Ilya :thumbup:

i have only one question: will the paypal amounts raise the sum of your projects amount as well?

i mean: theoretically if KS ~130K$ + paypal ~20K$ amounts reaches 150K$ will it mean you just reached your "level2" goal and then will you made the flyable Me-262A1 ?

Thats the main point, or so I guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I guess they take the balance from the PayPal account and "pledge it themselves"? If the kickstarter goal is not reached I'm pretty sure they won't get any money otherwise?

This can continue after the KS finishes.

Mmm, that's a good "side effect" ;-)

Well, I guess they take the balance from the PayPal account and "pledge it themselves"? If the kickstarter goal is not reached I'm pretty sure they won't get any money otherwise?

Well unless lots of people cancel their Kickstarter pledges the KS will go through. KS / Amazon take a cut, so would be silly to pledge the money though KS again, but they can surely add two numbers together and get a total for the stretch goals :thumbup:

Well unless lots of people cancel their Kickstarter pledges the KS will go through. KS / Amazon take a cut, so would be silly to pledge the money though KS again, but they can surely add two numbers together and get a total for the stretch goals :thumbup:

PayPal takes a piece too

MAC

I agree

Please guys use Paypal ONLY if you can't pledge on KickStarter ! ! !

sign-pic4.jpg

Ok next question, will you solve requests to up pledges made on paypal if possible in time ?

for example 2 payments of 10$ to change that in one goal of 20$?

/ I dont want you in depression ofcourse but I had to ask, with paypal changes are not easy!

I agree

Please guys use Paypal ONLY if you can't pledge on KickStarter ! ! !

There. Easy to read and does not violate forum rule #4.6. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There. Easy to read and does not violate forum rule #4.6. ;)

Blimey your quoting rules left right and centre cichlidfan recently.

Swallow the rule book?

back on topic, Glad to see paypal has come on board and hopefully we will get close enough for the Me262 :pilotfly: