Mission 8.4

Any hints or tips for this mission (Mig-15)?

I've learned (the hard way) to stay well clear of Hill 39 and its various short range SAMs. The Su-25s with their R-60s, on the other hand, are murdering me. I can consistently get two of the four bad guys, but I invariably get nailed by the others.

I've tried this mission 10+ times and it's starting to drive me insane. I know there's the option to skip the mission, but my pride won't let me (yet). :)

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Hey there pizzicato,

Haha, pride can be a dangerous thing :) Here's some possible pointers for you!

couple possible tips:

Always check your six. Not the biggest deal when you're hunting, because you're always looking at that point. But once you find a target, one tends to fixate on it. That's the perfect opportunity to take one up the tail.

I typically try and keep the speed up, and also stay low when able.

There is a friendly Igla at the FARP, as well as the "west" forces ... the southern group of them. You might be able to use that against them as well.

I may need to tone the R-60's down a bit. I just checked, and all 4 of them are armed. I could have sworn I only armed 2 of them with R-60's. (jeez, just checked it. The F-86 version has them toned down and only 2 of them are carrying AIM-9's. consider this to be patched in the future)

8.4 victory conditions:

As long as you shoot down 2 of the enemy aircraft you'll be able to pass the mission. After that 2nd one is downed, and 3 minutes has elapsed, the other 2 retreat and you get a radio message telling you that you're cleared for RTB.

If you shoot down 3 of them, than 1 mintue after the 3rd one is downed, you'll get the same scenario. If you shoot down all 4, well ... I think it's obvious.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Thanks Apache - that's actually hugely helpful.

Looking forward to the patched version. :D

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Just managed to complete the mission thanks to your hints and tips, Apache. Thanks!

I ended up "cheating" ever so slightly by...

...taking out one of the Su-25s while it was on its attack run on the forward C&C site. Once I'd taken that down, I stayed low by the FARP until I saw our infantry engaging an aircraft with a Stinger. The Stinger missed, but it allowed me to spot and then drift onto the tail of one of the -25Ts. I then hammered it and fled for home as fast as my -15 would carry me.

Thanks again! I'm loving the campaign. :thumbup: