NVG IT-23/HUD Lightning glitch

Isegrim

IT-23 Monitors light is reflected by the HUD in nighttime using NVG. But there is a Bar between the IT-23 Monitor and HUD which includes HUD Brightness adjustment knob and HUD mode switch, also the IT-23 is embedded into an aperture.

So this should not happen.:smilewink:

Screen_160827_203238.thumb.jpg.e8de8d85f2d5a83a7de57cce7f23253b.jpg

Screen_160827_203234.thumb.jpg.113013c07274572ffdb28a3dfb961314.jpg

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

IT-23 Monitors light is reflected by the HUD in nighttime using NVG. But there is a Bar between the IT-23 Monitor and HUD which includes HUD Brightness adjustment knob and HUD mode switch, also the IT-23 is embedded into an aperture.

So this should not happen.:smilewink:

This has been a thing since BlackShark2 came out, I don't remember this ever being a problem in BS1. I always travel with my Shkval uncaged, and it seems to reduce the glare in the HUD.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Are you sure it's a bug from the IT-23, and not the HUD lighting itself ? Because i played with nvg yesterday night, and that didn't bothered me.

in case of using nvg, i always drop luminosity of IT-23 and rise the contrast a little, otherwise the brightness blinds me. it allows me to use shkval by night too.

same for the hud, i reduce the brightness to be able to see through.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Are you sure it's a bug from the IT-23, and not the HUD lighting itself ? Because i played with nvg yesterday night, and that didn't bothered me.

in case of using nvg, i always drop luminosity of IT-23 and rise the contrast a little, otherwise the brightness blinds me. it allows me to use shkval by night too.

same for the hud, i reduce the brightness to be able to see through.

If you turn the Shkval brightness all the way down, it no longer affects the HUD. So I would say 99% it is the problem, there is also a small glare in the HUD from the ABRIS screen.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

ok you're right.

Just tested it in 1.2.1 and apart the old bug that brightness is maxed out the first time you power on your green NVG, you can clearly see through the HUD (if you diminish TV and hud brithness though, which has a tiny light leak, it's cristal clear)

you can even see the abris map with NVG.

things that you can't do in 1.5 because of light leaks and new light post-processing but i really like the black and white scanner filter compared to the old one.

EDIT : oh, tweaking brightness and contrast around with abris and IT23, i can see clearly through it. That's why it didn't bothered me yesterday. But in this case, NVG is mandatory from start to end because it requires precise adjustments.

Screen_160829_234451.thumb.jpg.ee0a941a6a94d64647f7ec7e0ac8d235.jpg

Edited by Erforce

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i've done many night-time missions those days, and... apart i can tweak brightness of instruments, it's very annoying. especially when re-setting the shkval.