Eye Candy 2014

With how classified most things of the systems, etc. of the Eurofighters are currently, what is your expectation on how "close to the real thing" you all can actually make your Eurofighter sim, Pman? For example, the A-10C is not 100% exact but it is pretty darn close...if you got in an A-10C IRL you could work your way around on the systems based on what is modeled in the game. How closely can the Eurofighter be replicated? Not attempting to be negative at all here, I am just curious of your level of expectation from someone that would know.

My personal expectation?

I think that in your scenario you would in theory be able to jump into a cockpit and it would have a very familiar feel, all of the switches from the SIM are where you would expect them to be, plus a few new ones.

Do I think that you would be able to start a jet and ready it for take off? No as some systems will be redacted that will prevent this.

Will it effect the immersion experience of the typhoon? No we don't think so, if you want it more real than we will give you then you need to join the armed forces. That's the most that we can promise the general public.

Pman

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without PDS you won't get far anyway, even if you had the chance to get in and the procedure is otherwise known, which in fact isn't too complicated on the real thing opposed to older types.

Concur. You can talk a person into prepping the Typhoon for flight. It's THAT easy.

My personal expectation?

I think that in your scenario you would in theory be able to jump into a cockpit and it would have a very familiar feel, all of the switches from the SIM are where you would expect them to be, plus a few new ones.

Do I think that you would be able to start a jet and ready it for take off? No as some systems will be redacted that will prevent this.

Will it effect the immersion experience of the typhoon? No we don't think so, if you want it more real than we will give you then you need to join the armed forces. That's the most that we can promise the general public.

Pman

Awesome, thanks Pman! Looking forward to it :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 1 month later...
hey Pman

one question, when do you expect that you can release first quality eye candy of this project?

We are going through a remodel of Typhoon as i think we can now do better them we had before.

I would expect more news on Typhoon early next year.

Pman

• 2 weeks later...

This one is going to be the one and only for me, so i hope you guys make it as complex as possible.

I think we have plenty of time to play around with so many other of your modules............. Oh wait....... we still dont even have one???:music_whistling:

Hope the HAWK comes out soon. I bought the MIG21 module but its not my cup of tea, personally i am really waiting to get engaged with the HAWK while i wait for the complex and continuosly improved Eurofighter that is now planned for DCS 2.0 and EDGE.

Edited by rajdary

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• ED Team
It's too early for me to be able to confirm that at this point

As you can no doubt appreciate this is an extremely complex aircraft

Pman

Would love to see some model WIP shots if at all possible, maybe some before and after of the improvements, always love seeing those... if possible :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 1 month later...
I'll second that, really excited for this one. The Typhoon seems to slide around the skies and has scary performance according to an interview with an F-18c pilot I read. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Do you have a link for that interview? Would like to read it as well :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 months later...
I cannot wait for this sexy beast. I can imagine everybody jumping in one on multiplayer straight away. :P

Is this going to be a clickable cockpit plane?

YES

And VEAO has stated that they are no longer going to produce SFM planes so any going forward will be the advanced flight model only.. (And that is the case with this one as well)

:thumbup:

EDIT: SNIPED BY PMAN...

Edited by outlawal2
SNIPED

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO