Eye Candy 2014

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the digital copy of pcPilot May/June with the Veao interview, and i happened to see the Eurofighter special Issue advertised! I went to the Airforces monthly site but they dont have the digital download yet. Tell us what you think of it, it look really interesting.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

:lol::thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 1 month later...

Yeah! thats gonna be my favorite jet in DCS WORLD! Can we expect any info in the near future ?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

A lot of background work sketching out the systems and how to tackle and what to tackle first.

No eye candy apart from what's been show I'm afraid, just the boring stuff in the background :)

How are the legalities going? Last I heard there was an ongoing legal snag holding things up. (Obviously no details, but just wondering if progress is being made in the right direction?)

Thanks!

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

A lot of background work sketching out the systems and how to tackle and what to tackle first.

No eye candy apart from what's been show I'm afraid, just the boring stuff in the background :)

Have you decided which tranche to go with yet?

How are the legalities going? Last I heard there was an ongoing legal snag holding things up. (Obviously no details, but just wondering if progress is being made in the right direction?)

Thanks!

They have legal problems with Typhoon also? :cry:

I thought it was just the Hawk.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any Updates? :-)

Apologies I missed this post

Work is continuing and at the moment a good deal of focus has been with the remodel and agreeing sources for information regarding some of the more sensitive bits of equipment, We hope to have a new model to show you in the coming months.

No comments :cry:

So BAE has a digital representation of one of their aircraft already, did they issue themselves a licence to build and display it?

I'm guessing there is a big difference between a mobile app game and a PC simulation, legally and playability wise....

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

With how classified most things of the systems, etc. of the Eurofighters are currently, what is your expectation on how "close to the real thing" you all can actually make your Eurofighter sim, Pman? For example, the A-10C is not 100% exact but it is pretty darn close...if you got in an A-10C IRL you could work your way around on the systems based on what is modeled in the game. How closely can the Eurofighter be replicated? Not attempting to be negative at all here, I am just curious of your level of expectation from someone that would know.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440