Eye Candy 2014

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the confidence in your team, updates and interaction with the community Chris. It does speak volumes and I wish continued success for you all. :):thumbup:

Many thanks :thumbup:

Is it the end of they year yet?

Oh God I hope not, we'd be massively behind if it was ;)

Terrifying updates. Nice job ells228.

Keep em going and coming:thumbup:

Negotiations with ED?

No, they were done and secured many moons ago.

BAE Systems i think.

Bye

Phant

Nope lol :music_whistling:

Let's leave it at that.

Edited by Ells228
DCS all the way!!

Some avionics systems may not be quite real world due to sensitivity of course but we'll be as close as we're allowed to be.

I can see the Typhoon right in front of me. (only my imagination right now, never mind) Switching to the external view, and.... iam speechless, DCS LEVEL:lol: So many details!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep!!! love this thought:D

Looks very promising, just cant wait!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

VEAO is stable and we are on track for releasing the Hawk next month and still aim to release Typhoon by the end of the year. We have full support from TFC and ED.

Let's leave it at that.

Thanks,

Chris.

one question, how will you integrate the datalink? do you have to code that by yourself or is that functionality deliverd by the dcs engine? (e.g. the link16)

nice, thanks for the reply , btw is the team still recruiting ?

Depends, what can you do? Send me a PM

one question, how will you integrate the datalink? do you have to code that by yourself or is that functionality deliverd by the dcs engine? (e.g. the link16)

To be determined with ED as no other 3rd party current aircraft has datalink that will be released soon (I could be wrong of course).

This here Ells, is why I rate you as one of the best communicators here. That you have included information about the team being stable is fantastic.

I certainly would be willing to pre-purchase the Hawk and the Tiffy if you decide to take pre-orders.

One question, for final release will the cockpits have a worn look?

Thanks

Craig

Thanks for pointing it out Howie.

This is a direct port from out FC2 product and the entire airframe is getting a work over to increase the poly's. We were on a limited budget for FC2 but that has increased significantly for DCS.

We had to make trade offs for FC2 and a straighter frame base was one of them (straight lines = less poly's).

And to answer a couple of questions; we have a separate team working on the Typhoon and negotiations will be finalised and contracts signed prior to work starting. I won't comment or speculate on the MiG situation so please don't ask me to and let's leave the team to resolve things by themselves.

VEAO is stable and we are on track for releasing the Hawk next month and still aim to release Typhoon by the end of the year. We have full support from TFC and ED.

Let's leave it at that.

Thanks,

Chris.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

This here Ells, is why I rate you as one of the best communicators here. That you have included information about the team being stable is fantastic.

I certainly would be willing to pre-purchase the Hawk and the Tiffy if you decide to take pre-orders.

One question, for final release will the cockpits have a worn look?

Thanks

Craig

yeah there is going to be some weathering and worn effects applied to the Hawk :)

Pman

Thanks Craig, appreciate your comments :)

Hawk is being released public beta next month so you can buy it then.

Tiffy is a long way off yet and we'll see how the Hawk sales go before we decide on pre-orders for Tiffy.

Tiffy will be priced at $49.99 as per other DCS modules.

Thanks for pointing it out Howie.

This is a direct port from out FC2 product and the entire airframe is getting a work over to increase the poly's. We were on a limited budget for FC2 but that has increased significantly for DCS.

We had to make trade offs for FC2 and a straighter frame base was one of them (straight lines = less poly's).

And to answer a couple of questions; we have a separate team working on the Typhoon and negotiations will be finalised and contracts signed prior to work starting. I won't comment or speculate on the MiG situation so please don't ask me to and let's leave the team to resolve things by themselves.

Let's leave it at that.

Thanks,

Chris.

Some of the best news I have read on these forums in a long time.. Fantastic. :)

Su-27 Flanker 1995 Super EF2000 1997 Jane's F/A-18 1999

Excellent, I really look forward to this beauty.

If I may ask, how are you tweaking the Eurofighter to fill in the gaps, with what you can't share? Did you use some features or characteristics from older fighters, like F-15, Mirage, etc..? Or did you just leave those gaps open?

I.E. the Eurofighter uses X-missile but it's classified so you used what is known, and made an based-on-truth version using stats from an older missile. Or did you leave it out... or both?

Edited by theJournier
Would buying the Hawk speed up the work done on the Tiffy?

I have no interested in the Hawk, but have very keen on the Typhoon. But if it means supporting the team then I'll happily pull the plug.

Might not speed things up as no doubt they are working to a deadline that has been carefully planned out. But presumably the more funds they get from the hawk will give them the confidence to put it towards and spend even more on the typhoon making it an even better product in the end.

All that aside, you might find you love the little hawk if you buy it. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I will buy the Hawk just to support Veao, because my real interest is the Typhoon. Its also good to have something to chew untill the Tiffy arrives by the end of the year or so.I hope the Hawk becomes a success!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 3 weeks later...
DCS all the way!!

Some avionics systems may not be quite real world due to sensitivity of course but we'll be as close as we're allowed to be.

Will there be a slightly cheaper version with FC3 level avionics?

Also, is the Meteor actually in service as of now?

And which specific version of the Eurofighter is this?

Edited by Flogger23m
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...