Eye Candy 2014

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would be cool to have the preorder link than come with that icon ;)

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Nice!! This bird is going to be a pleasure you just know it... :thumbup:

There is a great piece about the Typhoon in this months Combat aircraft magazine. It is written from the perspective of a US F-18c pilot who is on exchange flying the Eurofighter... talk about loving your job. He's very complimentary, he mentioned that the first time you light the burners on the Eurofighter is actually scary even to him as a fast jet pilot.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Some more in-game shots with canards, airbrake and gear working.

A little re-texturing needed internally and externally of course but she's looking mighty fine already ;)

Note: display panels are placeholder images.

in-sim1.jpg

in-sim2.jpg

in-sim1.jpg

in-sim1.jpg

in-sim3.jpg

in-sim4.jpg

in-sim5.jpg

in-sim6.jpg

in-sim7.jpg

in-sim8.jpg

Edited by Ells228

Just one slight issue I noticed with the cockpit model... The canopy seems to meet the airframe vertically like in the hawk where as it should curve inwards slightly at the base and 'wrap around' the pilot more, allowing them to see downwards.

I know this is all very early WIP so maybe fixed internally already.

The rest looks great though!

Eurofighter_cockpit_int.jpg

0887556.jpg

cockpit_dcs.jpg

Edited by howie87

There may be a few classified things with the canopy the customer may not want to share, but I wouldnt have thought that would be!

Do you know.. no det chord for perfect visuals but that the laminate used is the thinnest it can be so if the canopy eject fails, a spike on the EJ Seat gives the pilots head and body a good chance of smashing through the plastic.

Thanks for pointing it out Howie.

This is a direct port from out FC2 product and the entire airframe is getting a work over to increase the poly's. We were on a limited budget for FC2 but that has increased significantly for DCS.

We had to make trade offs for FC2 and a straighter frame base was one of them (straight lines = less poly's).

And to answer a couple of questions; we have a separate team working on the Typhoon and negotiations will be finalised and contracts signed prior to work starting. I won't comment or speculate on the MiG situation so please don't ask me to and let's leave the team to resolve things by themselves.

VEAO is stable and we are on track for releasing the Hawk next month and still aim to release Typhoon by the end of the year. We have full support from TFC and ED.

Let's leave it at that.

Thanks,

Chris.

Edited by Ells228

Love the confidence in your team, updates and interaction with the community Chris. It does speak volumes and I wish continued success for you all. :):thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

And to answer a couple of questions; we have a separate team working on the Typhoon and negotiations will be finalised and contracts signed prior to work starting. I won't comment or speculate on the MiG situation so please don't ask me to and let's leave the team to resolve things by themselves.

Negotiations with ED?