Eye Candy 2014

Ahh yes here we go again... Everyone is an expert and convinced that VEAO can't provide an authentic Typhoon.. And these same experts hold up the A-10 as being the holy grail (and it is an excellent module for sure!) but there is a LOT of stuff that is simulated or completely MISSING from the A-10 and no one is the wiser. (Except for those folks that fly them in real life and they aren't talking.)

Typhoon will be a very similar deal and who out there knows anything worth knowing about the Typhoon that Ells and Pman won't? (There are some, but they are real pilots, support crew etc. and just like the A-10 crews they aren't talking..)

And finally, if the module is released and the quality isn't up to your personal standards of what a Typhhon ought to be..

Don't buy it..

But let's say we don't burn VEAO at the stake based on nearly zero knowledge of the Typhoon itself as well as zero knowledge about what VEAO does or does not have access to.

Let's not treat VEAO like this forum treated Kinney, OK?

We HAVE no information to work from and VEAO HAVE provided a great product so far in the HAWK and their communication has been exemplary..

Let them do their magic and if you don't like it, so be it.. But don't judge the project before you know anything about it..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny part is that no one will be able to judge how realistic the Typhoon module will be apart from those who have had access to the Real Typhoon which in the other hand cant speak about it, so in conclusion the only thing we know is that it will certainly not be 100% accurate same as the A10C. What we all will get to know is if we like it or not and that will be the only thing which we are going to be able to discuss im afraid.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Kinney Interactive. I think they were doing the Raptor if memory serves me and started a crowdfunding campaign that didn't do as well as they thought.

It was the F-35 actually... And they were burned at the stake by folks on this forum and it was really rather disgusting how it all turned out...

Hoping that folks think a little and treat VEAO with respect rather than treat them as poorly as Kinney Interactive..

:(

RAMBO

It was the F-35 actually... And they were burned at the stake by folks on this forum and it was really rather disgusting how it all turned out...

Hoping that folks think a little and treat VEAO with respect rather than treat them as poorly as Kinney Interactive..

:(

To tell you the truth, that Kickstarter was ridiculous in every way in my opinion..

You can't make anything to DCS standards in the amount of funding they were seeking for:

So it was better that it was stopped early I think.

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

• ED Team
To tell you the truth, that Kickstarter was ridiculous in every way in my opinion..

You can't make anything to DCS standards in the amount of funding they were seeking for:

So it was better that it was stopped early I think.

Ok, lets stop right there, talk Typhoon here, nothing else needs to be dug up.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Myself and many members of my group can't wait for the release of the Tiffy. We are having a great time with the Hawk.

I have no doubt that Chris and the lads will work their magic, just as they have with the Hawk.

Could we all please not loose sight of the fact that we are all, with poss the exception of the pit builders out there, using DCS as a basic flight sim. Yes it is a bloody good one, but it is still a sim. Not real life, and the only way you will EVER get to see these modern birds for real, in the environments they are designed for is to accept the Queen's shilling and join up. Then if you are good enough, you may even one day make it to fly a jet.

Everyone of the third party developers out there, no matter who they are, do the best they can with the information and resources they have available. Resources is the one thing that the devs can do something about, however when it comes to aircraft design info, their hands are tied by what info the real world manufacturer will release to them. This manufacturer's hands are subsequently tied by what the Government/MOD will allow them to disclose, and we as end users will never be privy to what Chris and Co have to deal with on these matters, and justifiably so.

Please respect what these folks are doing for our enjoyment, and if something has to be altered in the cockpit layout so as to make a workable solution that stays within the rules of official secrets etc, just embrace it and remind yourself that if these slight changes were not made, you would not be flying the aircraft on here anyway as it would NEVER be sanctioned by the powers that be if it were 100% correct to the real world Typhoon.

We all need to also accept that on a motionless sim like this that some real world functions from a current military jet simply do not transpose well into a sim, and their functionality has to be altered to achieve the required end result.

Without the likes of any aircraft developer for DCS/FSX/FS9 all these sims would be poor, and it is only thanks to ED and Microsoft for allowing integration of third part development projects to go ahead that we are where we are.

Just my two penny worth anyway.

• Like 2
Myself and many members of my group can't wait for the release of the Tiffy. We are having a great time with the Hawk.

I have no doubt that Chris and the lads will work their magic, just as they have with the Hawk.

Could we all please not loose sight of the fact that we are all, with poss the exception of the pit builders out there, using DCS as a basic flight sim. Yes it is a bloody good one, but it is still a sim. Not real life, and the only way you will EVER get to see these modern birds for real, in the environments they are designed for is to accept the Queen's shilling and join up. Then if you are good enough, you may even one day make it to fly a jet.

Everyone of the third party developers out there, no matter who they are, do the best they can with the information and resources they have available. Resources is the one thing that the devs can do something about, however when it comes to aircraft design info, their hands are tied by what info the real world manufacturer will release to them. This manufacturer's hands are subsequently tied by what the Government/MOD will allow them to disclose, and we as end users will never be privy to what Chris and Co have to deal with on these matters, and justifiably so.

Please respect what these folks are doing for our enjoyment, and if something has to be altered in the cockpit layout so as to make a workable solution that stays within the rules of official secrets etc, just embrace it and remind yourself that if these slight changes were not made, you would not be flying the aircraft on here anyway as it would NEVER be sanctioned by the powers that be if it were 100% correct to the real world Typhoon.

We all need to also accept that on a motionless sim like this that some real world functions from a current military jet simply do not transpose well into a sim, and their functionality has to be altered to achieve the required end result.

Without the likes of any aircraft developer for DCS/FSX/FS9 all these sims would be poor, and it is only thanks to ED and Microsoft for allowing integration of third part development projects to go ahead that we are where we are.

Just my two penny worth anyway.

Nicely said..

:thumbup:

RAMBO

You are most welcome bud.

Everyone of our members who use the Hawk are so utterly impressed, not only with the flight characteristics and build of the bird, but also with the continual support and info you guys give through the ED forums.

If the Typhoon follows this same pattern it will be an absolute blinder. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on one.

Sometimes Chris things need saying to those who continually moan.

Thanks for the update guys and keep up the good and hard work. Looking forward for this one. Will be interesting see what will be actually in there and what not. I only hope that all systems will be modelled to a reasonable degree. There is definitely stuff that won't work anyway inside the DCS environment at least not with the present level of functionality. But that shouldn't distract from a reasonable simulation of the aircraft itself.

Just recently thought about asking for some general info on certain aspects, but I believe it's possibly to early to tell and you chaps surely have better things to do.

Best regards

Luckily Eddie is here to point it all out to us :P

Or more likely, not point it out at all in many cases for the same reasons VEAO didn't model it, and likely weren't even told about it where some systems are concerned.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL