DCS F-35A

Wags

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope kinney interactive realizes all this skepticism is more about surprise and disbelief than anything else. I am very surprised to see this news. I had already convinced myself that I would never get a module of a jet this modern in dcs. so reading this is in development is a bit of a shocker.

I am very pleased with the confidence displayed by both wags and eagle13. best of luck with the project and I am looking forward to trying your product.

PS: I am curious about your decision of developing the f35. looking at the background I would have assumed the f22 to be the more natural choice and it would have been just as surprising and revolutionary to bring to dcs world. also, seeing all the attention this news got I would suggest opening a forum section for kinney interactive after the dust settles a bit.

Edited by Bandit.

I'm very sorry if Martin's comments upset you. Everyone has their own opinion, and their own ways of expressing them. I hope this doesn't effect your outlook on our module, or Coretex Designs.

-Chris

Thanks Chris, and thank you for the kinda PM as well. I'm looking forward to the F-15's, F-35's and the F/A-18's :D

You can never have enough awesome jets to fly.

Edited by schkorpio

Sponsored by: http://www.ozpc.com.au

There are wishlists that you don't get to see :)

Good point indeed! ;)

What wishlist? Did I miss anything?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Are any of you Forum Moderators near Vancouver? I would like to buy you a beer after you sort through this mess... Did someone say F-35?

na1231-f35a-eps1.jpg

GAU-22 huh? Is that derived from the M61? Also, does the naval version have probe and basket aerial refueling? Very excited about this project. Go Kinney!

This is great. I'm sure you will do a great job. This is great because it will pull a younger crowed into this sim. Not all young folks today want to fly a f-4 or a-6. If I had any idea how to make a model I would make the c-172. The more people we get the better. The way I look at it is just another choice for us. I personally want to see some Vietnam birds.

I'm really really excited to fly the MiG-21, then the F/A-18C, then this F-35. I think it will be quite eye-opening to move from generation to generation and see the differences in the aircrafts' capabilities.

After reading and watching videos about the F-35's cockpit interface and "sensor fusion" I'm pretty much in speechless awe over what it can do. It's like a bunch of fighter pilots sat down and brainstormed a list of things they wish their aircraft could do... And here it is in the F-35!

Good luck Kinney! I'll be watching this one with anticipation. :thumbup:

--NoJoe

I'm really really excited to fly the MiG-21, then the F/A-18C, then this F-35. I think it will be quite eye-opening to move from generation to generation and see the differences in the aircrafts' capabilities.

After reading and watching videos about the F-35's cockpit interface and "sensor fusion" I'm pretty much in speechless awe over what it can do. It's like a bunch of fighter pilots sat down and brainstormed a list of things they wish their aircraft could do... And here it is in the F-35!

Good luck Kinney! I'll be watching this one with anticipation. :thumbup:

--NoJoe

Yea but don't ask it to turn.

• Like 1

487th Squadron

Section Leader

Contrary to propaganda that the plane will give a whole new level of battlefield possibilities, a F-16 can out turn and out climb a F-35, then u should take into account the the ability's of it JSF-Issues+Problems-2011-Master.png Plus this graph put out by the same annalists http://www.ausairpower.net/jsf.html scroll down.

JSCFADT-2012-Sub-2-p15.png

Read the whole page then try and sell the F-35 to me as if i were going to buy it. Then another kick in the balls is this documentary produced by ABC Australia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DNyZckMqbU&wide=1

487th Squadron

Section Leader

Contrary to propaganda that the plane will give a whole new level of battlefield possibilities, a F-16 can out turn and out climb a F-35, then u should take into account the the ability's of it JSF-Issues+Problems-2011-Master.png Plus this graph put out by the same annalists http://www.ausairpower.net/jsf.html scroll down.

JSCFADT-2012-Sub-2-p15.png

Read the whole page then try and sell the F-35 to me as if i were going to buy it. Then another kick in the balls is this documentary produced by ABC Australia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DNyZckMqbU&wide=1

Click on link, saw Carlo Kopp; did a 360 and walked away:doh:

Are any of you Forum Moderators near Vancouver? I would like to buy you a beer after you sort through this mess... Did someone say F-35?

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SiThSpAwN again" :thumbup:

Not even close to Vancouver, but i'll start keeping a list for if we ever meet, say, in Duxford. :)

Oh, you might want to start saving some money. :D;)

Edit: I think GG is a canuck, no? :huh:

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I dont think you can counter so-called "propaganda" with a slide that uses the phrase "...aerospace version of herpes", and be taken seriously.

Just sayin'.

Well then lets wait and see if this plane works when it enters service, and watch the doco.

487th Squadron

Section Leader

Just curious, can you name any American fighter's that have not been successful?

Sure, the AT-802U.

... :P

Back to the F-35: whenever I play around with an iPhone I think I feel the same way as my grandparents when they use a computer. I kinda stare at it and poke the touch interface occasionally while frowning. I'm wondering if I'll feel the same way when trying to use the F-35 touch screen interface, haha. :lol: Got too used to the F-16 in Falcon BMS, and the A-10C.

--NoJoe

Contrary to propaganda that the plane will give a whole new level of battlefield possibilities, a F-16 can out turn and out climb a F-35, then u should take into account the the ability's of it

I seem to recall that early versions of the F-16 were prone to compressor stalls caused by missile exhaust. The F-35 will have it's bugs worked out in time. And it's hard to take anything seriously from that website.

F4F Wildcat the thunderchief and of course the early F-4 phantoms when they got in a tussle with a Mig-21 although they rectified the problem and gave it a gun. Oh and did i forget to mention many korea war fighters that they gave new wings to because of low success rates in dogfights.

487th Squadron

Section Leader

One thing(of the many) I find interesting about the f-35 after watching the test pilot youtube vids is how often they reference the fact that the f-35 handles so closely to the sim the were training on and it made flying the plane second nature. Obviously those are $$ $ machines and they have all the data but it gives me hope that this can get pretty close as far as the actual performance goes

Edited by smnwrx

Sad to see all the hate... Good luck!

While not the biggest fan of the F-35, if you make a C variant I will be there!

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

The F-104 was not a great success also. Poor range, poor load capacity, no bad weather / night capability. And a sadly high record of crash (30% of German F-104 and 46% of Canadian F-104).

It only lasted 9 years in the USAF inventory (though I may recognize because it may be more of a doctrine problem than a capability problem a that time).

ON topic : I'm glad new 3rd parties join the dance. The more the better. I don't think I will be a day one buyer of the F-35 as I don't really like the idea of flying a big computer opposed to flying a plane (yes, I miss the old analog gauges that make what a plane is). But all the luck to Kinney Interactive with their product.

And to all the haters : chill, let the guys deliver and see how it turns. If you don't like it, don't buy it, simple as that.

• Like 1

How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese? Charles De Gaulle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]