DCS F-35A

Wags

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not going to bother with this one... I can see a lot of kids joining DCS just to zoom around in an F-35 which they will adamantly proclaim is '100% realistic'.

Meanwhile us A-10C types will be left shaking our heads as they purge us from the sky with their all-aspect missiles and all weather, 360 degree visibility.

Even if it is realistic, I think it has the potential to ruin the game for a lot of players.

As the website proudly states:

YOU'RE FLYING AN F-35

OR YOU'RE A TARGET

WHICH ONE ARE

YOU?

My answer?

Neither. I got shot down too many times by a stealth fighter and now I'm not playing anymore.

I think it will be huge plus and if anybody can make it happen and make it most realistic it's Dave. DCS is opening to all gen fighters and I find it absolutely awesome because they picked up the flag after FSX was put down by microsoft and they are opened the DCS world to third party developers which means more airplanes, diversity and more fun for more people.

As for F35 guys shooting Su25's and A10 guys down... It can't happen unless you let it happen (by joining bad servers or adding the F35 to your server). It is impossible to just add any kind of airplane to any server and any mission as a client - it has to be on the list first and added by server admin. :-).

The DCS has fantastic mission editor and you don't have to add/permit the F35's where you don't want them. As we all know -unless the plane type is added to the mission you can't fly it. It's up to mission designers an guys running the servers to decide when and if to add the new planes. Right now we already have A10C, servers, WWII servers, Ka50 Servers, Jets only servers, open servers, private servers, servers with labels on/off, maps on/off, fuel/weapons unlimited on/off, guns only serves, aerobatic servers and I can go like that on and on and on:). The DCS is such a fantastic platform - it gives everybody freedom of choice and the freedom to create your own servers with specific rules if you wish.

from the other hand - The F35 will probably motivate other developers or the community to add modern weapons that can easily detect and neutralize "stealth" intruders. Yes - there is plenty of those since 80's - in example systems like VERA, TAMARA can detect f117 up to 500km. Modern ELINT, TODA radar systems (ground and airborne) can detect "stealth" airplanes very easy (and more). Get 2 Su 35 with modern detection systems airborne and the F35s or F22 will light up the radar screen like a xmass lights (and subsequently the ground :-). On modern battlefield the stealth airplanes will be mainly overpriced scrap metal (sad but true).

Anyways - it's great to be able to fly WWII airplanes in DCS and it will be great to have in DCS modern aiplanes as well (not sure if anybody realized - airplanes like F15, Mig 29 and Su27 had their prime time in 1970's 80's ... now we have 2013) :) :pilotfly:

• Like 1

A few comments after skimming this thread:

1- More so than ever, we carefully vet a third party developer that we partner with. We do not provide an official DCS development license lightly. Both myself and our studio director had long discussions with KI and we both believe that they are up to the task given their past experience, staff skill set, data / SME access, finances and professionalism. Over the years we have been approached by many "scammers", KI is certainly not one of them.

2- While we do not expect the F-35 systems to be 100% accurate, we don't expect them to be. I'm sorry to break the news, but several of the A-10C systems are missing and a few more I had to redesign due to sensitivity issues. However, we believe (like the A-10C), KI can provide a close proximity to the real aircraft to the "DCS level". I think many of you would be surprised just how much open source data there is on the F-35.

3- Rather than rush to judgement now, how about letting KI prove or disprove our confidence in them? As I like to say, the proof will be in the pudding.

Matt

Good enough for me :thumbup: Looking forward to this title.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

:megalol: (Yes, I am laughing at your silly statement)

from the other hand - The F35 will probably motivate other developers or the community to add modern weapons that can easily detect and neutralize "stealth" intruders. Yes - there is plenty of those since 80's - in example systems like VERA, TAMARA can detect f117 up to 500km. Modern ELINT, TODA radar systems (ground and airborne) can detect "stealth" airplanes very easy (and more). Get 2 Su 35 with modern detection systems airborne and the F35s or F22 will light up the radar screen like a xmass lights (and subsequently the ground :-). On modern battlefield the stealth airplanes will be mainly overpriced scrap metal (sad but true).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

^ Where did you get that information?

F-117's (1st generation stealth) have flown thousands of combat sorties, and only 1 has ever been proven to have been downed by enemy fire. The man in charge of the SAM that shot it down said, when interviewed later, that they only saw it on radar after it opened its bay doors.

Your statements about stealth don't appear to be proven in the real world.

Lockheed obviously gives the guy privy information to build the simulators he's built.

So Im pretty sure with the right team and time, it will be a fantastic module.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

F4U & Zero would be our first aircraft.

Dear lord you are killing me. How am i supposed to kill the time till F4U now? :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

F-117's (1st generation stealth) have flown thousands of combat sorties, and only 1 has ever been proven to have been downed by enemy fire. The man in charge of the SAM that shot it down said, when interviewed later, that they only saw it on radar after it opened its bay doors.

So far NO stealth plane has been used in modern combat scenario or against technologically advanced opponent - only in civilian conflicts and in countries with obsolete technology and equipment.

Your statements about stealth don't appear to be proven in the real world.

LOL - you mean the official propaganda doesn't mention it :megalol: - however - when I was serving about 15 years ago we were equipped with those radars and it wost working like a treat , we could detect the planes from take off till landing and even recognize which pilot was flying by the electronic signature. It's not something what I read on the internet but I have 1st hand operational experience with these systems.

As far as I know in the Yugoslavia the F117 was shoot down by 30mm AA gun - similar to those used in WWII :) and Yugoslav army hasn't been equipped with ELINT radars (just old skool Russian equipment from 60's)

Anyways - thumbs up for the F35 - personally I'm looking forward to the model B/C :-)

Edited by zahry
  • Like 1

I'm interested to know how Will They handle things like the front panel, it will be possible to put in a touch screen monitor secondary to become the front panel ?

Please say that it will be possible :D

Simple they will release an iPad app. Or any other tablet... By the time the module will be ready everyone should have one of these devices at home.

Imagine... F35 module dedicated mobile app that also includes manual and guide.... Make a nice cover shot and design cool icon and

I see profit left and right ...I would even consider buying 2nd iPad so it would be just like in that video of f35 display

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

So no VTOL? =[

B & C variants are planned further down the line... Read the whole thread! :P

• Like 1

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat