Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

• $10 at least !
    • $5 at least !
    • not sure.
    • no

ED's updates do include textures, more info on everything that is being done to the map to make it workable with 2.X will be coming. They are just not ready to discuss it right now.

We should keep the topic on Starway's texture pack though.

Sorry for the off topic, butalwyas tought that ED Caucasus still have a role to play, a update on it will refresh the area and will make the area interesting again.

Regarding Starway texts, I would have purchased, as the previews are just amazing.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we some screenshots comparing Starway's proposed DLC to the NE mod? Wouldn't that be a good marketing move? Wouldn't folks actually want to see what they are buying. The terrain in Wag's Gazelle videos looks like the mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Not sure yet.

First I want to see more screenshots. Stacks of screenshots.

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I voted not sure, but I would like to see more of it. The video Wags posted are nice, but not full HD. I'd also like to see it from various altitudes. I have no doubt that I eventually will get it though. 10 bucks is just a formailty. I spent the same yesterday on a McDonalds for a sweaty burger.

The Gazelle clips are with Starways new and unreleased mod in different seasons.

I just like to see a comparison. Don't know why that would be unreasonable.

I do plan to donate $30 because I will use them on two different accounts.

I kindly asking "ney" guys to refrain having bad comments here about anything. In the end they can benefit from "yay" guys with no further questions. This is to encourage people having quality mods.

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

As a vr user I would still be happy to donate $10 but sooner rather than later.

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

Also voted for the $10 option, seems like a good price for great work.

But, but,but, BUT

We need guaranties, like updates, support etc...

I wouldn't even mind giving more, depending of the final quality of the product of course.

By all means, i wish you good luck Starway, in current and future projects.

S!

I will donate certainly. A Im also curious about other donators for my DCS Mig-21 2500 CZAF skin. Took me long time to do it. So some reward would be nice. Of course Im not expecting such high donates as Starway can.

I have one question:

is there any pictures from A-10C TGP pod? How the ground units look like on this texture with and without FLIR? I have experience, that more detailed and contrast ground texture is masking ground units in TGP, at certain level, the units become invisible.

I will contribute (paypal) as well my 10$

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

How much is ED donating? They created this situation by trying to make a texture pack into a DLC. I still think they should have just bought this from Starway and made it part of the game months (or however long its been) ago. DCS needs it badly.

• Like 1

How much is ED donating? They created this situation by trying to make a texture pack into a DLC. I still think they should have just bought this from Starway and made it part of the game months (or however long its been) ago. DCS needs it badly.

+1000 agree

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I still think they should have just bought this from Starway and made it part of the game months (or however long its been) ago. DCS needs it badly.

Agreed. ED having purchased it from Starway outright and making it part of the Cacasus map seems to have been the most sensible approach: Starway would have gotten paid, and the Caucasus map would have gotten this much needed beautification, without us users having to worry about mods when updating DCS World.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com