New graphics card for DCS and ArmA3

The GTX 10-series is released and will be available shortly. That's the one to get

Instead of a 970, go for the 1070

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

What's your budget? If you don't mind used, 980ti's are getting as low as $400 now. Also the 1070 should be readily available in a few months, it'll be hard fighting everybody over one buy you may be able to get one sooner. The 1070 would be much better than a 970 though.

What's your budget? If you don't mind used, 980ti's are getting as low as $400 now. Also the 1070 should be readily available in a few months, it'll be hard fighting everybody over one buy you may be able to get one sooner. The 1070 would be much better than a 970 though.

the 1070 is supposed to replace the 980ti all together, basically exactly the same speed, i'm guessing the 1080ti will be to the 1080 what the 980ti was to the 980,

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are so close to Polaris release ... and probably Vega too ...:music_whistling:

My advice ...

WAIT ...;)

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

We are so close to Polaris release ... and probably Vega too ...:music_whistling:

My advice ...

WAIT ...;)

Have they released the price range for the new cards coming out?

Also contemplating adding this as a cpu upgrade but can't do both at same time...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/intel-core-i7-4790k-4-0ghz-processor-multi/9907156.p?id=1219446417967&skuId=9907156

1070 sounds like it will be a solid card. launches mid June, how available it will be still to be seen. Then there is upcoming Polaris, still to be seen what can it offer to DCS as well as availability.

If you need card right NOW then 980ti is solid performer, and can be had for good price pre-owned. 970 can also be recommended If budget does not alow anything above , there are quite a few of them on eBay now for a very nice price, personally I'm getting realy tempted to pick one of them to upgrade the gtx580 in my non flight PC.

Hard to give a good recommendation without knowing your budget or any deadlines for the purchase.

Edited by agrasyuk

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

1070 sounds like it will be a solid card. launches mid June, how available it will be still to be seen. Then there is upcoming Polaris, still to be seen what can it offer to DCS as well as availability.

If you need card right NOW then 980ti is solid performer, and can be had for good price pre-owned. 970 can also be recommended If budget does not alow anything above , there are quite a few of them on eBay now for a very nice price, personally I'm getting realy tempted to pick one of them to upgrade the gtx580 in my non flight PC.

Hard to give a good recommendation without knowing your budget or any deadlines for the purchase.

Yeah thanx, and thanx to all for the advice i went ahead an went with a GTX 970, I'm not a very patient person so waiting for them new cards in June is almost too much for me :D Also that as I intentd to upgrade to the...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/intel-core-i7-4790k-4-0ghz-processor-multi/9907156.p?id=1219446417967&skuId=9907156

Hoping this combo we'll be a decent build for DCS and ArmA3 :pilotfly:

You really didn't wait 3 weeks and payed the about same money for a card half the performance as the next gen card?

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lol. To each their own, I guess.

I bought a 4k monitor for my wife's computer and gave up my 970 to drive it. Its really a ploy tof weasel myself into a 1080 or the 1070, but the wait is killing me...

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

I will be patient and wait for the ZEN/Polaris to release and save my money from this to upgrade other peripherials ...

I agree waiting sucks ...;)

Also by the look of all rumours going around it seems we may get better performance from ZEN/Polaris than Intel/Nvidia combo ...

Seems like AMD is gonna be back in business ...

My money is on whichever is more futureproof ... :smartass:

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

AMD sealed the deal with being Sonys supplier with the ps4 (that thing just keeps on rolling)

AMD making all that money on shitty hardware, what incentive do they have to compete with Nvidia and Intel in the ultra high end market?

honestly, AMD fanboys, when AMD is making money on consoles, what is now considered low-mid range hardware, how does that fill you with confidence?

no... they'll continue to make passable, but not the best, inexpensive hardware, for those that can't afford better... what, except for the pentium 4 era *shudders*, they've always done.

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD making all that money on shitty hardware, what incentive do they have to compete with Nvidia and Intel in the ultra high end market?

honestly, AMD fanboys, when AMD is making money on consoles, what is now considered low-mid range hardware, how does that fill you with confidence?

no... they'll continue to make passable, but not the best, inexpensive hardware, for those that can't afford better... what, except for the pentium 4 era *shudders*, they've always done.

Being a user of many different products including AMD/Intel/Nvidia I'm not sure where you get that idea from. AMD graphics cards are pretty much quality/performance/price on par with their NVIDIA counterparts. Their new Polaris architecture is a completely new design intended to compete with NVIDIA's newest products at the top tier of performance.

Yeah thanx, and thanx to all for the advice i went ahead an went with a GTX 970, I'm not a very patient person so waiting for them new cards in June is almost too much for me :D Also that as I intentd to upgrade to the...

Hoping this combo we'll be a decent build for DCS and ArmA3 :pilotfly:

Did you by chance buy an EVGA card? If you did, then I believe that you could use their step up program to upgrade to a 1070 when they are available, think it's good for 3 months after you purchase.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Being a user of many different products including AMD/Intel/Nvidia I'm not sure where you get that idea from. AMD graphics cards are pretty much quality/performance/price on par with their NVIDIA counterparts. Their new Polaris architecture is a completely new design intended to compete with NVIDIA's newest products at the top tier of performance.

except for during the pentium 4 era, intel has always had parts above any beyond anything AMD has had, for top end gear.... as in... the fastest single-core AMD has had has never been as fast as the fastest single core intel has had, except for the P4 CPUs.

yes, AMD has been able to compete with intel and nvidia in anything less than the top end gear, but AMD has never had anything faster than the best nvidia and intel have had for more than a few months since the end of the athalon XP/64 era...

any time AMD makes something faster, immediately intel and nvidia release something faster yet...

and i was more specifically saying "how can sales of consoles = sales of enthusiast computer parts??"

I'm not an intel/nvidia fanboy, I'm a realistic, reads a lot including history, looking at trends, and just buys the best regardless of brand or cost(to a point) fanboy.

my last AMD CPU was an athalonXP 3200+ my last Ati videocard was an HD5850... the first DX11 card you could buy. when I bought each of those, there was nothing better.

when i bought my 2600K there was the 2700K but i wasn't about to pay 150$ for 300mhz boost clock, when they both reach the same O/C speeds of about 5ghz anyway.

and I exclude server parts, and CPUs/GPUs over 1000$ in whats best for a regular dude like me.

Edited by Hadwell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]