Fresh install and patch vs old install - my results

Howdy all,

This may be a completely pointless thread, but I just thought I'd share my results from my recent reinstall of LO+FC+1.12a, for those who might care.

I had an install of LO that dated back to the original LO version 1.0. This had had the following upgrade path: 1.0 - 1.01 - 1.02 - 1.1 - 1.11 - 1.12 - 1.12A. In other words, it had been through every patch there ever was. Plus, it had been through multiple versions of LOMAN and MODMAN, with many addons installed/uninstalled/reinstalled, plus quite a bit of manual config/lua file changing. There were backup folders all over the place in the root folder, and the effects folder contained both .ogg and .wav files, all mixed together, with the occasional duplication.

After having a problem with disconnecting from a host after about 45 seconds every time, I decided to reinstall. This was obviously then LO 1.0 - 1.1 - 1.12A + ZZSpace sound, plus some small changes via MODMAN (afterburner colour, sun, russian view mod)

And the results, after this long winded lead in? Absolutely no difference that I could possibly see....none whatsoever. It's all subjective, I know, but hey. So those of you who aren't paranoid about fresh installs - don't bother. I'm sure there are a few who have had problems that a reinstall helped, but to quote the obvious: If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

And that concludes my <2c!

P.S. And I must add, the reinstall didn't fix the disconnecting problem! The problem was of my own making though, unrelated to LO.

Heh, I was wondering, if "fresh install" was "the solution" why would they (the game developers) release patches and not an intire game updated to new version, like a new CD or DVD :D .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least