DCS Mirage 2000C Discussion

Bluedrake42

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the version developed cannot guide DBU bombs by itself, how we will be able to use the GBU in DCS? Adding a laser team in the ground? Or a buddy laser plane?

A-10C can buddy lase and, IIRC, JTAC can also lase for GBU's.

The question is which plane will we use as a buddy laser? A-10 can't keep up with a fast jet.

A-10c can loiter until the M2Ks get into the area. A10s lase while the Mirages drop.

They don't have to keep up with them.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

A-10c can loiter until the M2Ks get into the area. A10s lase while the Mirages drop.

They don't have to keep up with them.

A-10 would need a considerable head start. :megalol:

Probably best to just use an AI fast jet to buddy lase until we get a flyable fast jet to buddy lase. :)

Mirage 2000-C carrying a gbu is like an A-10 carrying an AIM-120. You'll never see such a thing in real life.

That's why I wrote Mirage 2000C can't take GBU, just D and Mirage 2000-5 Mk.2 versions. Don't know how it looks with N version.

I don't know what they're talking about.

as that will be released the GBU-12 at the Mirage 2000c?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

That's why I wrote Mirage 2000C can't take GBU, just D and Mirage 2000-5 Mk.2 versions. Don't know how it looks with N version.

I don't know what they're talking about.

Mirage 2000-C carrying a gbu is like an A-10 carrying an AIM-120. You'll never see such a thing in real life.

We are talking about this:

The real aircraft in which our model is based has RDI radar, carries Magic II and Super 530, Air to Ground ordnance, can truck LGBs but cannot carry the targeting pod, has internal radar jammer.

It also can fire the AS-37 ARMAT and the AM-39 EXOCET.

It's a kind of surprise to me.

I've never seen any photos of this configuration, that's why I thought it was impossible.

So Mirage 2000C can take them and use them but target must be marked by other plane or something else, right?

I think you understood it well. But maybe Larry we'll tell us exactly how it will perform

According to the wiki, the AS-37 can only detect radiation on a very narrow range which has to be set on the ground. Meaning that if you set it up to detect Sa-2's, it wouldn't pick up Sa-6. This seems pretty difficult to implement. Are you going to bother?

Edit: sorry, that's for the Martel version. I can't find anything on the ARMAT, it seems very classified.

Edited by Zakatak

I cannot tell the specifics because I don't have my notes with me, but yes, the Mirage 2000C with the RDY radar can fire both AS-37 and AM-39 without external help.

Unfortunately the C does not have the wiring to use a laser designator pod so all it can do is truck the bombs while somebody else paint them.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I believe in the F-A-18C. I am certain that ED will get it right and I rather fly the older variant but realistically than the F-A-18D with a less accurate FM and system fidelity. I might be wrong though and Coretex really delivers one helluva plane.

F/A-18D is the two seat version of the F/A-18C.

CoreTex is developing the F-18E

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Been working on the DCS Mirage 2000C

Right now it can fire the cannons and the SNEB rockets. At this time the gunsight for both cannon and rockets are deemed finished.

It has two settings: dynamic and fixed. With dynamic, the sight moves around the HUD calculating the bullet/rocket impact point based on aircraft speed, attitude, etc.

On fixed, it just has a basic bullet drop calculation based on range.

The sight range can be changed between 700 to 4000 meters.

No video at this time, perhaps on Sunday.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."