DCS F-35A

Wags

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to know how Will They handle things like the front panel, it will be possible to put in a touch screen monitor secondary to become the front panel ?

Please say that it will be possible :D

Simple they will release an iPad app. Or any other tablet... By the time the module will be ready everyone should have one of these devices at home.

Imagine... F35 module dedicated mobile app that also includes manual and guide.... Make a nice cover shot and design cool icon and

I see profit left and right ...I would even consider buying 2nd iPad so it would be just like in that video of f35 display

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

So no VTOL? =[

B & C variants are planned further down the line... Read the whole thread! :P

• Like 1

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

A few comments after skimming this thread:

3- Rather than rush to judgement now, how about letting KI prove or disprove our confidence in them? As I like to say, the proof will be in the pudding.

Matt

Nice and wise words :thumbup:

To Eagle13: Do you plan to create a sub-forum section along with the other 3rd parties?

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Best of Luck

It's hard to ignore Wags' follow-up endorsement, but having said that...

I was burnt by FO, and I'm fairly unwilling to let my enthusiasm for a product bleed me of cash before-the-fact again. No Kickstarter for me, but I'll happily purchase the product if they make good.

Since it's not a joke, I do wish them all the best of luck.

Slip the surly bonds of Earth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i7 2600k@4.5||Z77 Extreme 6||16GB RAM

WIN 10||HTC Vive ||G940||1080Ti

Kickstarter worked great for Star citizen, MechWarrior, in the end players end up spending much more money than what they would for a boxed game in the old times. Its a successful business model and it seems its sticking as more and more editors pour into the bandwagon.

Name just one of the kickstarter projects that has been already finished and released. And i mean things big, and advanced like Star Citizen, not some indie relatively simple stuff. It's succesful business model (for kickstarter creators), because it' easy to make children wet themselves and quickly gather lot's of money, promising everything they want to hear. You just have to know what they want to hear. Concluding. It's bit too early to say that this is succesful business model.

This f-35 thing... lol. Good luck. You're gonna need it. Already it's like modeler's shop with lots of beautiful, colourful, but empty boxes. Only real thing coming in soe predictable future is Beczl's MiG-21 (maybe T-2) nothing more.

Eh... it's so easy to amuse many of you guys...

• Like 1

It's hard to ignore Wags' follow-up endorsement, but having said that...

I was burnt by FO, and I'm fairly unwilling to let my enthusiasm for a product bleed me of cash before-the-fact again. No Kickstarter for me, but I'll happily purchase the product if they make good.

Since it's not a joke, I do wish them all the best of luck.

Excuse my ignorance but what is FO?

Fighter Ops.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yep, Fighter Ops.

They dreamed a dream... but... well... sigh...

Edited by S3NTRY11

Slip the surly bonds of Earth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i7 2600k@4.5||Z77 Extreme 6||16GB RAM

WIN 10||HTC Vive ||G940||1080Ti

Name just one of the kickstarter projects that has been already finished and released. And i mean things big, and advanced like Star Citizen, not some indie relatively simple stuff. It's succesful business model (for kickstarter creators), because it' easy to make children wet themselves and quickly gather lot's of money, promising everything they want to hear. You just have to know what they want to hear. Concluding. It's bit too early to say that this is succesful business model.

This f-35 thing... lol. Good luck. You're gonna need it. Already it's like modeler's shop with lots of beautiful, colourful, but empty boxes. Only real thing coming in soe predictable future is Beczl's MiG-21 (maybe T-2) nothing more.

Eh... it's so easy to amuse many of you guys...

This is called rigging the game.

Kickstarter has not existed long enough to see the kind of product you are describing through its devrlopment cycle.

Also, excluding indies similarly rigs the game: it is already proven quite useful for indies. (And would you notice, the people we talk about here are indies...) It is proven useful for larger projects too - star citizen part.financed eith it to show investors that there is demand. This was successful.

Kickstarters dont have to completely replace traditional project funding to proove its value.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

How are they planning on gathering information and SME? I'm quite certain that most systems of the F-35s are highly classified. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

Probably not going to bother with this one... I can see a lot of kids joining DCS just to zoom around in an F-35 which they will adamantly proclaim is '100% realistic'.

Meanwhile us A-10C types will be left shaking our heads as they purge us from the sky with their all-aspect missiles and all weather, 360 degree visibility.

Even if it is realistic, I think it has the potential to ruin the game for a lot of players.

As the website proudly states:

YOU'RE FLYING AN F-35

OR YOU'RE A TARGET

WHICH ONE ARE

YOU?

My answer?

Neither. I got shot down too many times by a stealth fighter and now I'm not playing anymore.

I guess by this logic nobody is flying an P-51's either? Because they have no radar so an F-15 vs a P-51 is almost exactly the same match up as F-35 vs gen 4 aircraft.

There is always co-op multiplayer too!

edit: and why not balance the mission by having uneven numbers of adversaries? e.g. blue coalition spends 20 billion on buying 10 F-35s and Red coalition spends 20 billion on buying 45 su-35s or something like that. That would be an interesting mission.

edit 2: now that i think about it, if both coalitions had 1 F-35 each it would make it interesting, because they would ideally want to take each other out first so that they can then dominate.

Edited by schkorpio

Sponsored by: http://www.ozpc.com.au

I think it will be huge plus and if anybody can make it happen and make it most realistic it's Dave. DCS is opening to all gen fighters and I find it absolutely awesome because they picked up the flag after FSX was put down by microsoft and they are opened the DCS world to third party developers which means more airplanes, diversity and more fun for more people.

As for F35 guys shooting Su25's and A10 guys down... It can't happen unless you let it happen (by joining bad servers or adding the F35 to your server). It is impossible to just add any kind of airplane to any server and any mission as a client - it has to be on the list first and added by server admin. :-).

The DCS has fantastic mission editor and you don't have to add/permit the F35's where you don't want them. As we all know -unless the plane type is added to the mission you can't fly it. It's up to mission designers an guys running the servers to decide when and if to add the new planes. Right now we already have A10C, servers, WWII servers, Ka50 Servers, Jets only servers, open servers, private servers, servers with labels on/off, maps on/off, fuel/weapons unlimited on/off, guns only serves, aerobatic servers and I can go like that on and on and on:). The DCS is such a fantastic platform - it gives everybody freedom of choice and the freedom to create your own servers with specific rules if you wish.

from the other hand - The F35 will probably motivate other developers or the community to add modern weapons that can easily detect and neutralize "stealth" intruders. Yes - there is plenty of those since 80's - in example systems like VERA, TAMARA can detect f117 up to 500km. Modern ELINT, TODA radar systems (ground and airborne) can detect "stealth" airplanes very easy (and more). Get 2 Su 35 with modern detection systems airborne and the F35s or F22 will light up the radar screen like a xmass lights (and subsequently the ground :-). On modern battlefield the stealth airplanes will be mainly overpriced scrap metal (sad but true).

Anyways - it's great to be able to fly WWII airplanes in DCS and it will be great to have in DCS modern aiplanes as well (not sure if anybody realized - airplanes like F15, Mig 29 and Su27 had their prime time in 1970's 80's ... now we have 2013) :) :pilotfly:

The main problem I have with an F-35 is that the reason I play DCS is for the realism.

OK, so the A-10C, KA50 and Huey might not be 100% but they're nudging the the 90's.

It's a simple fact that by opening up the sim to modules that speculate too heavily on classified data you have to create more weapons systems and avionics that are even more speculative in order to combat them.

All of a sudden you don't know if you're playing a sim or a work of fiction.

The Ouya console KS raked in $9m and is being released on 25/06.

How are they planning on gathering information and SME? I'm quite certain that most systems of the F-35s are highly classified. :joystick:
Something being classified is not a problem, there are people here that have high enough clearance to US and NATO documents. The problem is the need to know basis, that is typical for any military technology, where even unclassified information can be unobtainable, because "you don't need to know that" ;)

F-35 is problematic, because most needed documentation is usually unobtainable at this stage, either through official and unofficial means, mostly because it still doesn't exist in its final form.

I do wonder what is the reasoning behind choosing this particular platform, it would be so mach easier to make the F-117.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

some say the F-35a will be unrealistic or unbalanced...

I for one welcome our new lockheed martin overlords. :D

simply put.. the people who want to buy the module will and these who think its unbalanced or unrealistic can just not put it in their mission. im excited about this.. mainly because i know australia is purchasing some of these. even if it wasnt a flyable i would at least like to see A.I version of newer gen aircraft like these.:thumbup:

Su-27 Flanker 1995 Super EF2000 1997 Jane's F/A-18 1999

I do wonder what is the reasoning behind choosing this particular platform, it would be so mach easier to make the F-117.

Because it might sell very well just because it simulates the latest and the greatest? Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure it would be huge.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I don't think it's about sales numbers, because you can make an F-86, that will sell poorer than an F-15E, but developer of the Sabre will be better off, because he spend 100x less time developing the simpler platform. $$$ per work-hour is relevant here, not total $$$ from sales.

But I'm waiting till Friday, then I hope to have all my concerns addressed on the kickstarter page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos