Using Discount Coupon on Bf 109?

Teeps

I have a discount coupon from the Mi-8 launch episode which is like to use on the 109, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The email with the coupon code doesn't mention any restrictions on its use, so I'm a bit confused. Can I use the coupon on the 109 or not?

Thanks.

Win10 x64, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 1600X @3.60 GHz, 500 GB SSD, GeForce 1080 Ti

The 109 is an ED aircraft so the post linked above is not relevant. However, I would guess that the ED shop is not allowing the coupon to be used because the purchase is already discounted.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Correct, coupons are only valid for "fullprice" purchases.

We are aware that this can sometimes cause funky coincidenses during sales, pre-order promotion and so on, and are sorry for the inconvenience this might cause. In this case, the best solution is to hold on to the coupon until the aircraft in question goes "gold" or is otherwise not discounted from the start.

Cichlidfan, your statement there is slightly misleading; the linked post states that the relevant coupon is not valid for modules developed by others than ED and BST. (For example MiG-21 by Leatherneck.) As you all understand, it would be unfair (and probably legally untenable given the contracts between ED/TFC and the partner) to punish them financually through reduced revenue for a mistake made by ED and BST. That is the confusion that Matt sought to clear up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Long in short, if you wait until pre-sale is over, and aircraft is actually released and changed to full price, you can then use your discount coupon. I have some bonus from earlier purchases which can't be used either, since 109 is currently on discount due to presale, I want to use bonus before it expire so I'll buy it after release using the bonus. You should be able to do the same with your coupon.

Fundamentals to know about bonus system :

- Coupons and bonus are only eligible for full price modules, and not during discounted sales

- Coupons and bonus are only eligible for modules developed by Eagle Dynamics and Belsimtek (which is a partner, different status from other 3rd party developers)

- Bonus can only be used to deduce 30 percent from module's full price

- Bonus will expire after a period (was it 6 months or a year? don't quite remember that one)

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Post fixed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: