DCS: A-10C Warthog

Namenlos Ein

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question relating to the A10 addon, will this incorporate a carrier fleet at all? ie similar to how LOMAC?

The A10 module (it's not really an addon) incorporates the A-10c as flyable, which does not operate from carriers (not sure if i got your question right though). So far no carrier-aircraft are scheduled AFAIK.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I am aware that in its entirety that its a stand alone game which adds into other DCS modules, I was just wondering if this module incorporate a carrier, ie there is a carrier in DCS: Black Shark, well a m8 says that there is, I have the game but have not tried doing a mission or looked for one as yet.

Hotty

Edited by Hotpants

USS Carl Vinson and the Kusnetsev are in the sim. No flyable aircraft from them though.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I can't wait to get my hands on the Hog especially if it's anything like the high fidelity modelling we've witnessed on the KA-50. This module will be the pinnacle of the DCS series.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The Apache will be the pinnacle. :smartass:

Why do people think that eggbeaters are the pinnacle of anything? ;)

Not a pound for air to ground. Fighter or target. Those are your two choices ;)

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The Apache will be the pinnacle. :smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I used to be a jet jockey, then I started playing this sim and realised that there is more pilot input needed to fly the BS. Managing collective, rudder, cyclic is far more interesting (as a game) and challenging than flying a jet that almost flies itself. Now I'm an avid heli pilot.

When playing F4, the only thing that really made me concentrate during flight was takeoffs/landings (and even that became mundane).

Edited by WynnTTr

If you read the book Warthog, about A10 pilots during the first gulf war, then one of the comments you'll notice that pilots keep saying about the A10 is that it is a lot more satisfying to fly than their previous "pointy nose" jets.

Close air support is a lot more involved than modern bvr air to air. Am not saying there is anything wrong with people who love air to air, but am glad ED are focusing on CAS first in the series.

I used to be a jet jockey, then I started playing this sim and realised that there is more pilot input needed to fly the BS. Managing collective, rudder, cyclic is far more interesting (as a game) and challenging than flying a jet that almost flies itself. Now I'm an avid heli pilot.

When playing F4, the only thing that really made me concentrate during flight was takeoffs/landings (and even that became mundane).

+1

System: Core2Duo E8500, 4G ram, GTX260, SLC SSD, and Vista 32bit. LG W2600HP 26" LCD.

Controls : MSFFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek rudder, Saitek throttle quadrant, and TrackIR4

BS Setting : medium with visibility HIGH

More skill you get, more you Love DCS:Black Shark.

If you read the book Warthog, about A10 pilots during the first gulf war, then one of the comments you'll notice that pilots keep saying about the A10 is that it is a lot more satisfying to fly than their previous "pointy nose" jets.

Close air support is a lot more involved than modern bvr air to air. Am not saying there is anything wrong with people who love air to air, but am glad ED are focusing on CAS first in the series.

Still, if i have to gow down i'd rather do so in a plane that does not make me feel like i have to get out and push to gain some speed. That bird is so seriously underpowered, in a climb you're basically just a sitting duck.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Still, if i have to gow down i'd rather do so in a plane that does not make me feel like i have to get out and push to gain some speed. That bird is so seriously underpowered, in a climb you're basically just a sitting duck.

The Hog has a ceiling of 300ft (100ft if it is flat), so not much climbing is needed :)

• Like 1

The Hog has a ceiling of 300ft (100ft if it is flat), so not much climbing is needed :)

:megalol: Ouch. :megalol: Prepare for retaliation from the ground pound squad. :)

Come let's eat grandpa!

USS Carl Vinson and the Kusnetsev are in the sim. No flyable aircraft from them though.

Hmmm, interesting putting in Carrier's and yet no flyable Aircraft from them, so why bother putting in the Carrier's

If we are to believe this sim is gonna be as close as possible to the real thing..then Flyable Aircraft should be incorporated into too it also...don't fall short in this new addition to Black Shark..:doh:

Hmm...now, I wouldn't say that. :)

I don't mind air to ground so much, just as long as I can shoot anything down that gets in my way and then hassle with anything that flies once I drop my bombs.

Sure, I'd rather drive the sports car, but I can settle with the sport sedan. I'm gimped, but not as gimped as the pukes driving their minivans and SUVs. But if you're happy settling with those, knock yourself out. :D