DCS: A-10C Warthog

Namenlos Ein

So, if someone could clarify this for me. The A-10 in the original LOMAC was the A variant correct? And this one is the C variant? So we're getting the latest-greatest version of the bird? If so, that's freaking awesome!

Although the designers forgot to put a QWERTY keyboard in the plane, what is this an early 80's home micro with that alphabetical layout?!?! :)

• Like 1

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

ohh and when might we expect to see the first Glowing Amraam movie ft DCS A10 ????

In due time. ;)

And as you can tell from my sig, i am already planning out the movie (to a certain extent of course..)

• Like 1

finally we start to talk about the Hog !!!

the panels and MFDs look very sharp indeed - excellent stuff - cant wait to roll in on some tanks with it

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

.......cant wait to roll in on some tanks with it

Indeed!

Which begs the question - is one gonna get clubbed with equal contempt as at present with the Kamov if one ventures too close to one of them? (IFV's and the like, that is)

At present any closer than, what, 3.5 clicks or so and they start haemmorhaging TOW's my way.......:gun_sniper:

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

evasive manouvers my friend ! guns guns guns jink flare flare jink flare flare jink flare flare .... sort of like this i guess should work. and i yes before i forget sticking to the 300/300 rule.

will indeed be very interesting to see how it works

Edited by NotiA10
almost forgot it
  • Like 1

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

evasive manouvers my friend ! guns guns guns jink flare flare jink flare flare jink flare flare .... sort of like this i guess should work. and i yes before i forget sticking to the 300/300 rule.

will indeed be very interesting to see how it works

That is how its done in real life. I was looking in youtube some videos today. Awesome stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I hope, nuclear weapons, such as depleted uranium shells are not going to be present in the game.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I hope, nuclear weapons, such as depleted uranium shells are not going to be present in the game.

Why??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

DU shells are not nuclear weapons by definition, they rely on kinetics and some chemical properties of DU. AFAIK the AP rounds of the GAU-8 utilize DU, so it will be in the game. What's the point anyway? The sim does not yet simulate people becoming sterile or getting cancer from handling DU. I'd rather like to see the real military stop using it.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

All right, I was wrong. It is not nuclear weapon. It is nuclear radioactive waste used as a weapon.

I sure am disappointed if DU shells are modeled in game. This is just personal thing. That's just me.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I'd rather like to see the real military stop using it.
Me too.

lol, but I'm guessing you don't have a problem riddling virtual soldiers with 20mm now do you? ;) I could understand (to a degree) the aversion to real nuclear weapons but I'm a bit puzzled by your qualms about DU.

-- CoolHand

I'm looking forward to this one. It will be a nice warm-up for my Eagle and Viper. :)

As for DU in the sim...well, its a bit like having a MiG-29 with no R-73s. Its their bread and butter. I mean, you had DU in LOMAC, right? You get a GAU-8, you get depleted uranium. That's what it shoots for AP. Maybe you don't fly the A-10, but it was in the sim seeing as how that's all it really uses as far as I know. I 100% understand any aversion to their real-life use though.

Edited by RedTiger

This has become my newest favorite thread. Hoping to see some in-game A-10C pics

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

I handled DU rounds in the military. They dont cause cancer, or make you sterile...because it is DEPLETED uranium.

The danger does not come from the radiation, but from the extremely fine and very toxic dust, that is coming from the shattered high-density projectiles in the impact area.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

The danger does not come from the radiation, but from the extremely fine and very toxic dust, that is coming from the shattered high-density projectiles in the impact area.

Hm... I thought it was the imense hole(s) that it produces on a human body upon impact.. :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I handled DU rounds in the military. They dont cause cancer, or make you sterile...because it is DEPLETED uranium.

I'm sorry, of course as with all cancerogenous materials, they don't cause cancer, they merely increase the risk of getting cancer.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I don't know if this has been brought up elsewhere, but are there currently any plans to incorporate a new theatre into DCS:Wathog? Quite frankly I'm getting bored sick of flying in the Caucasus... why not a European map with hordes of Soviet armour to strafe? Or a middle east campaign like Iraq/Afghanistan (particually for the Apache!). I'm sure there are also a lot of Falcon 4.0 fliers who'd probably like to see a Korea map (unless thats just me lol).

Even depleted uranium is radioactive but in extremely small amounts...

To be exposed to radiation from uranium, you have to eat, drink, or breathe it, or get it on your skin. The aerosol produced during impact and combustion of depleted uranium munitions can potentially contaminate wide areas around the impact sites or can be inhaled by civilians and military personnel.

// Wiki

A central European theater would be awesome playgrounds for the A-10 and AH-64. Either a historical 1980s Germany scenario, or if the time frame is no option, a fictional neo-cold war set in the new NATO members in eastern Europe. But I somehow doubt that we will see new terrain from ED with A-10 (that is not 3rd party). It does not make much sense to me to invest work in terrain for the current engine with a new engine in development.