DCS: A-10C Warthog

Namenlos Ein

Not being sure about whether a future DCS module will integrate with a previous module is something they really ought to keep quite about - I would be disappointed if DCS modules don't implement together...as it splits the simming community. This we've already seen with FC versus Black Shark.

Fingers crossed ED find a way to make Warthog and Black Shark play together ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ED has learned to not use absolute terms before a product is completed. That's all there is to it.

In other words, there won't be any updates to questions on this issue until things are 100% nailed down.

A real shame IMHO ED had to learn this. Just as shameful as with Olegs frequent posts about IL2 compared to what we have with Storm of War. And it seems NeoBQ is going that road, too, with their open information policy about Rise of Flight. :(

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

The plan was always to make all the modules to play together ... technical difficulties aside. ;)

Can you give us any info on those difficulties so we can understand a bit?

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Hear the new AI for the DCS: A-10C ;)

http://www.apacheclips.com/media/809/A10_Air_Support/

Wow. Thats some serious inspiration for a CAS mission. Heaps of Sound Triggers with soundbites form that clip.

I saw somewhere they will be implementing smoke triggers in the upcoming BS patch (hope they come in various colours).

I just hope they can get the infantry moving.

Gotta feel it for those grunts in the vid. That sigs voice leaves a clear impression of the intensity of the engagement.

So what is more or less the status of A-10C module? Meaning the status of model, textures, code, FM, cockpit, weapons, etc. Obviously if you can provide that info. I am a bit confused about the status of this one. Maybe it is even not start because you guys are working on the BS update right?

Regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

So what is more or less the status of A-10C module? Meaning the status of model, textures, code, FM, cockpit, weapons, etc. Obviously if you can provide that info. I am a bit confused about the status of this one. Maybe it is even not start because you guys are working on the BS update right?

Last thing i heard was that they were close to finishing the flight model, but major updates could not be expected until summer.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Who knows, maybe you get to see something before that.. ;)

Sweet

If they (infantry) moved it would make them easier to spot that's for sure. Smoke would be fantastic. Audio triggers are huge as well since a lot of ground attack with friendlies in the area is based on verbal updates.

One step at a time...

With the right audio actions and terrain, you could even be truly 'called in' on a land mark an never actually ever see the infantry just like the pilot in the vid, totally trusting that your munitions are heading the right way.

Q? can you do a 'unit damaged' trigger to be triggered by damage from a specific unit? For example in a danger close CAS if you damage a friendly, can you can set up a audio sound action eg 'Check fire check fire.......'?

Yes you can detect specific damaged units and trigger a matching sound message. And as said, ED is also working on free spawnable smoke, which will be a great addition to simulate CAS.

What would still be needed to create a true FAC-CAS environment in the current editor would be a way to detect weapon impact point and give derivation from the desired point. But I am pretty sure that ED is working on such FAC mechanics (at least I would for an A-10 module).

Yes you can detect specific damaged units and trigger a matching sound message. And as said, ED is also working on free spawnable smoke, which will be a great addition to simulate CAS.

What would still be needed to create a true FAC-CAS environment in the current editor would be a way to detect weapon impact point and give derivation from the desired point. But I am pretty sure that ED is working on such FAC mechanics (at least I would for an A-10 module).

Wow a FAC as you explain would be great. hope they are woring on one.

Sorry my Q on 'unit damaged' triggers was a little vague. What I mean is can the trigger be triggered by a specific unit for example.

Blue side infantry unit one has a unit damaged trigger. Can the trigger be assigned to go off only if blue side a-10 one (or any blue side unit) causes the damage, rather than general damage fron any unit on any side?

If this is so, you could assign different audio actions for different triggers. For example.

Trigger unit damage from blue side = audio action 'check your fire...'

Trigger unit damage from red side unit one= audio action 'enemy infantry spotted, 30m north of the rocky outcrop to our north'

Trigger unit damage from red side unit two= audio action 'enemy infantry spotted, 100m south of pink smoke'

See post #74:

"The aerosol produced during impact and combustion of depleted uranium munitions can potentially contaminate wide areas around the impact sites or can be inhaled by civilians and military personnel."

It is the after effects of DU. Unfortunately, the news channels are not interested in those stories, so wider audience is just not informed. There is a lots of bad things happening in areas where DU munition was used.

And my aversion is against the nuclear waste used as weapon. DU is nuclear waste. Normally, nuclear waste, even when it is not "harmful", is buried deep, deep under ground.

In case of DU shells, it is vaporized on impact and spread around the people and domestic animals.

I am not against wars. In wars people die and kill each other, which I accept as reality and necessity of the war. But I am against poisoning ground, people and animal for decades after the conflict.

How do I give you million rep points? And u a Texan? Don't mean to stereotypes but you know what I mean. I watched a very disturbing video I got from KPFK 90.7 FM in Los Angeles - the U.S. military back pedaling into a wall with this one. They kept denying the Gulf War syndrome when all a reporter had to do, at that time, was go to VA medical centers around the States.

Having said that, if DU isn't modeled, then can you still put blowholes in tanks?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I think OT will 'flourish' here till ED release something new about Warthog project. A single screenshot will be sufficient.

Relax, GA said he's working on a new movie with the hog.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!