Leatherneck Simulations Mini-Update - SEPTEMBER 2015

Cobra847

I hope they do eventually produce a MiG-23, I think that LNS said that a MiG-23 would share ~60% of the MiG-21's codebase - so it would seem to be a good option.

It would also really fill out the Cold War era modules (Tomcat, Mirage 2000, Viggen (??)). I really like the MiG-23 and it's up there among modules that I'm hoping for.

-Nick

I have hold Mig-23/25/27 as one of the most ugliest planes.... Until recently I started to like Mig-25/31 design somewhat and now after Mig-21 I like the Mig-23/27 designs too over what western side has (even today I find F-15 as ugly).

The cold war era is very interesting by technical standpoint but it would really nice to fly those "dirty, ugly and cheap" aircrafts. Tomcat will be bought to hangar on first week, but if there is coming a Viggen, it is day one!

Oh, and when those aircrafts receives a "top of the line" cockpit textures, meaning the textures are like the aircraft would have come out of the factory, instead being laying down on outdoor airfield last 30 years, it will increase the feeling of flying in Cold War era missions.

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I have hold Mig-23/25/27 as one of the most ugliest planes.... Until recently I started to like Mig-25/31 design somewhat and now after Mig-21 I like the Mig-23/27 designs too over what western side has (even today I find F-15 as ugly).

The cold war era is very interesting by technical standpoint but it would really nice to fly those "dirty, ugly and cheap" aircrafts. Tomcat will be bought to hangar on first week, but if there is coming a Viggen, it is day one!

Oh, and when those aircrafts receives a "top of the line" cockpit textures, meaning the textures are like the aircraft would have come out of the factory, instead being laying down on outdoor airfield last 30 years, it will increase the feeling of flying in Cold War era missions.

Sounds like you'd make a good wingman, everyone needs a wingman to take the ugly ones.....

• Like 1

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk

I keep visiting the forums day in and day out, hitting the 'Mig28' key over and over again.

Apart from DCS World 1.5/2.0, the news I am most excited about is the possible modules in development with Leatherneck studios.... I wish I could just fast-forward to the end of September....:pilotfly:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

It really seems that this year winter will be really hot with all the hot news we are going to get. :D

Edited by Jumbik

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

• New specular maps

Could we have a picture or two please? Just something to tide us over until 1.5 hits. Pretty please? With sugar on top? :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• Fixed various instances of the Radio not working.

• Fixed the Radar operating without electrical power

• Increased missile smoke visibility

• Corrected Rudder Authority (“Rudder overpowering ailerons”)

• Added red floodlights in cockpit

• Fixed various Cockpit graphics issues.

• Corrected various ASP calculation issues (Incorrect lead, “CCIP”)

• Added 8-10 new default liveries.

• Further optimized external model and textures

All of the updates especially the F-14 are awesome, but these are the ones that I'm most excited about in the near future.

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

Can you imagine? it's been a whole year since we got our hands on the MiG-21? How in the world have i survived this far in the wait for a new aircraft from leatherneck?

Agree......but as they say on that old lager advert........worth waiting for.

Looking forward to the updated MiG-21, nice work LN.

My guess on one of the new aircraft?................Launch the "Intruder" :joystick:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Agree......but as they say on that old lager advert........worth waiting for.

Looking forward to the updated MiG-21, nice work LN.

My guess on one of the new aircraft?................Launch the "Intruder" :joystick:

my lord... the Intruder would be the single greatest module ever... soooo much going for that airframe and it spans a huge timeframe.

I want that plane so bad in a sim.

Edited by dooom

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Just to add to all of the conspiracy theories... A-4 Skyhawk

Tick - Black Sheep hint (VMA-214)

Tick - Ground Mapping and Targeting Radar (AN/APQ-145)

Tick - Complex missiles with Advanced Targeting Parameters (AGM-45 Shrike)

Tick - unique methods of propulsion or force distribution (See video @ 3:40)

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to add to all of the conspiracy theories...

Tick - Black Sheep hint

Tick - unique methods of propulsion or force distribution (See video)

Error ( video is not opening

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

my lord... the Intruder would be the single greatest module ever... soooo much going for that airframe and it spans a huge timeframe.

I want that plane so bad in a sim.

Oh man,

i would like to see this beauty too.

It would be fantastic to have the Tomcat and the Intruder.

Will have whites floodlights in cockpit?

MiG-21bis

• Implemented RU Game Localization

• Replaced multiple existing inputs with toggle inputs.

• Added 9 New Keyboard Inputs: ASP Target Size, KPP Pitch Set, RSBN/PRGM Channel Select, Radio On/Off, Radio Volume & Chl Selection

• Fixed various instances of the Radio not working.

• Fixed the Radar operating without electrical power

• Increased missile smoke visibility

• Fixed the “SPRD Appears on F6 View after use” bug

• Introduced special option for ASP pipper gameplay features.

• Improved drag chute physics, including chute use in stall/spin recovery (Animation is however still limited)

• Corrected Rudder Authority (“Rudder overpowering ailerons”)

• Added UUA Sensor animation

• Improved Over-G weapon jettison (Dynamic Weight Calculation, per-pylon/weapon limit)

• Improved regulated Afterburner throttle control

• Partially fixed visible weapons remaining on destroyed/missing wings

• Fixed A-A missile lock tone bug

• Corrected wing thickness & angle

• Various corrections on all weapon pylons

• Rebuilt frontal canopy for smooth fuselage transition

• Re-Drew rivet and panel lines on rear fuselage

• Added red floodlights in cockpit

• Dozens of minor 3D/2D issues.

• Fixed various Cockpit graphics issues.

• Corrected various ASP calculation issues (Incorrect lead, “CCIP”)

• Added 8-10 new default liveries.

• New specular maps

• Sculpted rear fuselage into a new normal map

• Added new SPRD Rocket booster model and texture

• Corrected placement of SPRD Rocket booster on aircraft

• Further optimized external model and textures

• Revised gear door textures

• Corrected AoA vane animation

• Temporarily removed 'Canopy Icing' checkbox pending visual implementation

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Just to add to all of the conspiracy theories... A-4 Skyhawk

Tick - Black Sheep hint (VMA-214)

Tick - unique methods of propulsion or force distribution (See video @ 3:40)

Two things work against it though.

1: VEAO initially announced an A-4C Skyhawk, but shortly after had to cancel it due to an inability to come to a sufficiently profitable licensing agreement. I would be skeptical that LN would be able to get better terms.

2. RATO is already in the game in the form of the MiG-21's SPRDs, so it's not a unique propulsion system.

CRT screen representation? Doesn't the MiG-21 already have that on the radar screen? Like it's sort of "recessed" back into the cockpit, with the actual "Display" farther back. If it's something else, can it be later ported over to the MiG-21?

Also in the changelog, I see the SPS-141 ECM pod is not fixed, which is odd because one of the staff members posted that it was, or they were at least aware of it.

Keep up the fine work. Also, isn't tactical numbering supposed to be back for 1.5? Remember reading that, too.

"Cockpit graphical fixes" Will that hopefully include English translation of the gauges? Right now with the English cockpit, the gauges are still in Russian.

Edited by Toybasher

CRT screen representation? Doesn't the MiG-21 already have that on the radar screen? Like it's sort of "recessed" back into the cockpit, with the actual "Display" farther back. If it's something else, can it be later ported over to the MiG-21?

The line says "Custom shaders for enhanced visual fidelity (e.g. CRT Screen representation)".

So yes, the CRT screens are already there (MiG-21 radar display) and they (LNS) are improving their tools to make them better (Custom shaders).

However I can't tell if those custom shaders will be used for MiG-21 or only for new developments.

The line says "Custom shaders for enhanced visual fidelity (e.g. CRT Screen representation)".

So yes, the CRT screens are already there (MiG-21 radar display) and they (LNS) are improving their tools to make them better (Custom shaders).

However I can't tell if those custom shaders will be used for MiG-21 or only for new developments.

I think the following line may be relevant:

It is also possible that we will retroactively implement features present in our new aircraft

I suspect that this would apply to all of LNS' "modern" projects including the MiG-21, F-14A/B, and the modern mystery aircraft. Radu had said in an interview that creating a truly accurate appearing CRT screen was a personal project and goal. I think that they may try to apply it to the MiG-21 and certainly the F-14 (which as all CRT displays). Radu mentioned in the same interview (476th Podcast #5) that he wanted to apply an updated CRT representation to the MiG-21, it wouldn't surprise me if it shows up in an upcoming update for 1.5/2.0.

BTW, the 476th podcast interview is interesting and insightful into LNS' goals and outlook. Worth a listen.

-Nick