#03 - DEV UPDATE & GAMEPLAY VIDEO 28/05

Cobra847

Does the primary reheat have a timer too?

No, you just will run out of fuel pretty quick.

100% power on the ground results in 3,2l/sec fuelflow

AFB at M1,06 about 6,4l/sec

And Emergency afterbuner about 8,8l/sec

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys want any practice in the MiG-21 before you buy, I suggest giving this a purchase.

Hey, cheaper than you're average supercar, if a bit more fuel hungry. It'll get you from A to B in a flash and you can even bring a friend!

dude that's amazing... $81,000 NZD that's cheaper than a new Range Rover LOL. Of course it's probably incredibly expensive to run and I have no idea how you would get a pilot's license to fly that!

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

dude that's amazing... $81,000 NZD that's cheaper than a new Range Rover LOL. Of course it's probably incredibly expensive to run and I have no idea how you would get a pilot's license to fly that!

Private Pilot license should do it in Canada, as long as you aren't using it for commercial purposes!

I'd probably bring it to the MAPLE FLAG exercises up in Cold Lake AFB, just to see how poorly I do against trained NATO pilots. :P

Private Pilot license should do it in Canada, as long as you aren't using it for commercial purposes!

I'd probably bring it to the MAPLE FLAG exercises up in Cold Lake AFB, just to see how poorly I do against trained NATO pilots. :P

The MiG-21 UM looks good but... does it have AFM and pitot tube vibration?

Edited by Sceptre

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Reality isn't quite up to DCS standard yet, and given there has been no patches in 13.7 billion years, I think it's going to stay that way.

I bet, everything vibrates ...

Well, without a pilot license and without a gas station selling jet fuel nearby, I would probably just cut it in half and make it a sim pit. Not really much costier than any other hand made pit ... :o)

The MiG-21 family's all engines (R-11, R-13 and R-25) have a same feature, the nozzle is separated from the engine's own system and built into the aircraft own hydraulic system.

That's why when the throttle is reached the AB section, when you ignite the afterburner, the nozzle opening first and just then, lit on the AB. It is always producing a delay and a typical bang! sound, when the AB switched on, or a sudden "mute" when it goes off.

This delay caused several accident in the past all around the world, because when the pilot tried to use the AB (because he really needed more thrust) the nozzle oppened first and the thrust decerased dramatically for a while. Sometimes, it was enough for a crash.

Especially for the heavy bis version.

On AB regime, the two spool's RPM are 103 and 108%

• Like 1

Tons of MiG-21bis from our good old days...

Especially on this, you can see the clear difference between the MiG-21UM's R-13-300 engine (which came from the MiG-21MF by a modification) AB flame and MiG-21bis R-25-300 engine AB flame:

And some Su-22M3 and UM3K with the not so famous R-29BS-300 engine...

They are probably really busy with the backer emails coming in.... but another vid would be great :D

Edited by Sceptre

sorry for being a pain but,,,, has been a while since last update...

Four days is a while?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You must be new here....

...and to flight sims. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You are new and I must school you. The most important lesson one can learn about flight simulation development is units of time.

Second < Minute < Hour < Day < Year < Decade < Century < Millenia < Epoch < Era < Eon < Soon™ < Heat Death of the Universe < When It's Done™

• Like 1

So grab a table at The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, enjoy the floor show and wait with the rest of us.

Btw, Welcome to the forum.

Edited by cichlidfan

You are new and I must school you. The most important lesson one can learn about flight simulation development is units of time.

Second < Minute < Hour < Day < Year < Decade < Century < Millenia < Epoch < Era < Eon < Soon™ < Heat Death of the Universe < When It's Done™

You forgot. "Two weeks". :)

They are focused on tying up loose ends and making a delivery. If an update/video comes soon it will be icing on the cake.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I get a feeling that we are closer than we think, I don't know, there is just something that gives me that feeling.

Please correct me if I am wrong dev's.

hope you're right m8

I get a feeling that we are closer than we think, I don't know, there is just something that gives me that feeling.

Please correct me if I am wrong dev's.

That feeling could just be a full bladder :)

... but like almost everyone here, I can't wait for the release of this one.

No prior particular interest in the Russian aircraft really, but the attention to detail and love that seems to have gone into this module (from the screenshots and videos) is just amazing (needs a better word than that too).

I'm not an original backer either, but the way these guys are going about looking after the original backers deserves respect. I'm more than happy to back this team on that point alone and look forward to many more aircraft from the Leatherneck team. Outstanding effort guys.