axis origin ?

bbrz

the flight model used by the P-51 (and the TF-51) does not have any such scripted thing as an "axis origin". The way the aircraft rotates is determined by actual distribution of mass (variable with loadout and fuel state) and the forces generated by airflow over the wings, fuselage, and control surfaces.

If you are feeling the plane drop by its nose on landing flare, I would say that your approach speed is too low and/or your AoA is too high at the start of the flare.

Not sure I fully understand what your complain is, but after this,

Just fly level at e.g. 150kts and alternatively push & pull the stick aggressively and you will see that the plane rotates about an physically impossible axis while it should rotate in the approximate area of the center of lift and CG.
may be what you "see" is just a bad external camera choice? I don't really understand anyway how that affects you inflight as long as I feel P-51 movements quite fine, correct and realistic. Indeed,

On landing the opposite happens. The nose doesn't drop at all. When pulling back the stick the whole plane aft of the engine rotates downward.
The nose drops quite correctly and as it's meant to be, I think you're being fooled by external camera. Still I don't get what behaviour do you feel wrong while in cockpit.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

3. That's the puzzling thing. It doesn't feel wrong at all. Most likely I was 'expecting' different handling when getting fooled by the external camera.
Quite possible. DCS isn't a good simulator to fly from an external view.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice