Leatherneck Simulations Monthly Update - January 2015

Cobra847

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LN fishbed Mig21 is the best simulation I'v ever fly. Amazing !! I hope LN can make F-4, same generation with Mig21, all details are no more secret. So we can start DCS vietnam dogfight.

Glad to hear LN will make DCS scenery. Hope LN team have scenery plan of vietnam.

LN fishbed Mig21 is the best simulation I'v ever fly. Amazing !! I hope LN can make F-4, same generation with Mig21, all details are no more secret. So we can start DCS vietnam dogfight.

Glad to hear LN will make DCS scenery. Hope LN team have scenery plan of vietnam.

Ahhh come on, don't get my excited like that. A Vietnam map for DCS would be the ultimate dream for me.

Vietnam, Hueys and F4s, maybe we get very very lucky and get a skyraider sometime. I know it's very very unlikely.

I cannot wait to see what Leathernck has planned for us. IF the F14 is correct, then I will already be gobsmacked, I know the pic and shape shown is almost certainly a F14, I certainly can't think of anything it looks like, but until it's offically announced I don't want to believe that I will be that lucky, IF we are correct, then it will jump straight to the top of the list of modules I'm waiting for. Yes even higher than another Belsimtek helicopter or VEAOs Puma, and that's saying something.

Waiting for next months update or the teaser trailer is gonna be a very very hard slog.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I dont know if EDGE will do this or not , but if we get a vietnam map , collidable trees is a MUST have, it would be totally broken without it

Agreed, given the number of US airframes that are supposedly coming, some foreign aircraft would be welcome.

Is there any chinese aircraft simulation? I wonder if the data is too difficult to obtain to make a correct sim of a J-9 or a J-10.

J-9 was never progressed beyond initial studies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

They might make an F-14A for sake of classified info and stuff.... who knows. But man... carrier based AFM flight will be awesome. If they can also update the ships physics in 2.0, we can have a carrier bobbing up and down... like silent hunter style ship physics... that would be awesome.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

They might make an F-14A for sake of classified info and stuff.... who knows. But man... carrier based AFM flight will be awesome. If they can also update the ships physics in 2.0, we can have a carrier bobbing up and down... like silent hunter style ship physics... that would be awesome.

Yes it certainly would. But damn, I'm gonna go through a hell of a lot of aircraft. Hell most of the time I can't even land on a dry runway. ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Yes it certainly would. But damn, I'm gonna go through a hell of a lot of aircraft. Hell most of the time I can't even land on a dry runway. ;)

Cowboy10uk

A Cougar Landing is acceptable as long as you make it back to the ship:thumbup:

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I dont know if EDGE will do this or not , but if we get a vietnam map , collidable trees is a MUST have, it would be totally broken without it

And destructible trees so we can have an even more fun trying to carve out our landing zone in the Huey!

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Are the comments about the AT-802U serious? Because reading up on that thing I would buy it in a minute. Prop or no it looks more capable than many of the other third party aircraft we've gotten to date. DAGR and Hellfire missiles, LGB's, rockets, machine guns, sharp sticks. Looks very cool and versatile.

• Like 2

I too would pick up an AT-802U in a heartbeat. I'd never even heard of the thing before this thread but from what little I've read about it since, it looks like a damned fine mudmover. In any case, I do hope for a mix of eastern and western planes in that list of 3. As others have said, 2x F-18's are in the works + LN's F-14 while the east only has the MiG-21 and the upcoming MiG-15. I'm fine fighting an uphill battle, but for that to work, we need something a bit more capable than a MiG-21Bis.

A MiG-21-93/97/2000/Bison/Lancer would be good as would a modernized MiG-23 or the MiG-25PD. The MiG-25PD would be my first pick though. Right now all the jet fighters (F-86/MiG-15 excluded) go about the same speed and have similar max altitudes. But a MiG-25 would seriously alter things. It's about 50% faster than anything else in game and has long ranged missiles like the F-14. I think it would be a blast to fly and very interesting from a tactics standpoint.

If the AT-802 and varients are all three aircraft models in development, I'm not buying a single DCS product for a year in protest lol.

I'd imagine they'd do like the C-101EB/CC if they wanted to release multiple variants and make it one module? Regardless the AT-802U looks cool and would be worth a purchase. I agree MiG's more modern than the 21Bis would be great as well though.

lol, yes, i would enjoy a Mig-25.. to fly at the edge of space, going fast like a madmen.. just something about being invincible that is attractive..

would like the Recon version where you take pictures etc..not the combat one since it has limited use in DCS world(where predominantely fighters exist) .. would be pointless to intercept an f16 with a mig25.. but go over enemy airspace to take a picture, recon the area, and watch how helplessly f-15 and Co. try to intercept you would be nice to watch..

lol, yes, i would enjoy a Mig-25.. to fly at the edge of space, going fast like a madmen.. just something about being invincible that is attractive..

would like the Recon version where you take pictures etc..not the combat one since it has limited use in DCS world(where predominantely fighters exist) .. would be pointless to intercept an f16 with a mig25.. but go over enemy airspace to take a picture, recon the area, and watch how helplessly f-15 and Co. try to intercept you would be nice to watch..

Nah, I wanna spam the R-40's. 9 out of 10 may miss, but occasionally one will find its mark. Given the speed, altitude and missile range, it's the ultimate cheap shot plane. Gotta love it. :D

Edit: also LN,

http://youtu.be/8AfC4C2mNxY

Edited by King_Hrothgar

MiG-25BM sead variant would be quite cool and usefull though.

But any version of the Mig-25 i would get.

The fighter version could also carry R-23s and R-60s (where upgraded to carry the R-73 when it came)

The Outer R-40 pylons could be replaced with 2 R-60/R-73 Capable pylons allowing for 4 Ir missiles and 2 Radar missiles either R-40s Or R-23s

The Mig-31 would be more competative though if we want 1 of the Foxes.