DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Home Fries

I am still having issues with the Tracker pause command in the Huey. Sometimes S3+H1D long works and sometime it doesn't. Also I am having issues unpausing and I have to do it with the keyboard. What is the proper procedure for a double tap like S+H1D double tap?

Finally, I cannot get S3+the LG wrn button to toggle the pause command.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Home Fries

I am still having issues with the Tracker pause command in the Huey. Sometimes S3+H1D long works and sometime it doesn't. Also I am having issues unpausing and I have to do it with the keyboard. What is the proper procedure for a double tap like S+H1D double tap?

I think the problems may be interrelated. The problem is that I had to create separate commands for pausing and unpausing. If it were as simple as S3+H1D long as a toggle, then there would be no way to trim with TrackIR paused. Likewise, double-tapping S3+H1D normally recenters trim (though this is disabled when TrackIR is paused). This means that I can't just create a toggle function without completely retooling the routine I established very early and implemented across all profiles. I'll look at this for 2.0, but for now I built it on top of what already existed.

So now that you know why it is the way it is, you may have also figured out that S3+H1D long programs the hat switch one way, and S3+H1D (double) programs the hat another way. This also means that once you pause TrackIR with S3+H1D Long, you must unpause with S3+H1D double, or else you won't be able to use S3+H1D Long again. As far as TARGET is concerned, you're still paused and it's waiting for the command to unpause.

So here's my solution: if you have trouble double tapping (holding down S3 while double-clicking the down hat), then increase the value DoubleTap in DCS World.tmc line 317. It's default is 350 (time in milliseconds before the first tap "resets"), so try 400 or 450 and see how you do. I wouldn't go much above 450 though; then TARGET will recognize two separate pushes as a double tap.

Finally, I cannot get S3+the LG wrn button to toggle the pause command.

I don't think I programmed this toggle to work with the hat commands; rather I set that for resyncing the TrackIR automatic pause when switching to/from door gunners. I'll look into it and see what I can do, since the S3+LDGH combination won't work for most other aircraft. You're right that having a toggle function is a good backup.

Edited by Home Fries

Home Fries

I ordered the new TM Rudder pedals from Amazon and will let you know what I think of them. If I keep them (I have an old CH pedal that is starting to age), I will send you another donation so you can get them. The big advantage to them is you can make them a part of TM combined.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

sobe,

You're right in that that is an advantage, but I'm not sure there's really an upside to combining them in this profile. The advantage comes with older games that recognize one controller.

The only possible advantage I could see to adding the rudders to the profile is applying rudder trim with TCPTM, whereas adding rudders and toe brakes eats up 3 out of a maximum of 8 axes (Windows limitation). That's 3 axes that could be used for opportunities with both Warthog and Cougar TQS attacched, e.g. Ka-50 or Mi-8 throttle axes with the TQS as collective, or using the cougar knobs as rheostats.

I could do it like I do the gameport rudder toe brakes if you have both cougar and warthog attached, and just call a different controller. However, this way involves modifiers and it's still not as clean as leaving it as a separate controller.

I'll probably get the pedals anyway, though; my gameport CH Pros, as great as they are, are showing their age with the brakes themselves. So I thank you in advance for any assistance toward that goal.

Edited by Home Fries

My CH USB rudder pedals also have a brake issue in that they do not go back to zero when the brakes are released. I even have a 50% dead zone, but that does not help.

My only concern with the new TM pedals is that for $89, what are we getting?

Home Fries ... I hereby officially grant you the title of ROCKSTAR for having developed this !

Having a few challenges getting everything going, but I attribute that to my ADHD and not your great masterpiece !

thank you,

Shack

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed, the more I play with it the more impressed I am!

Just a warning for the brave, the M-2000C requires a little bit of tinkering yourself because RAZBAM has been merrily changing the way certain controls work, and it will probably continue to do so.

Thanks for the compliments, fellas! :thumbup:

I think you guys will like what I have in store. I just finished completely revamping the module selection algorithm. Now instead of having to remember which MFD button is what, you just press S3+LOSB1 Long, then use the rocker switches to cycle between modules.

You use either the Dogfight Switch or Boat Switch for aircraft type (back for helos, fwd for props/warbirds, center for jets) and then use GAIN to cycle Red Aircraft and SYM to cycle Blue Aircraft.

You can still program the other OSBs for discrete selections as you like (this will be a separate file that you can tweak), but we're no longer limited to 15 aircraft! The current algorithm allows for 600 aircraft (100 per type per color).

Just a warning for the brave, the M-2000C requires a little bit of tinkering yourself because RAZBAM has been merrily changing the way certain controls work, and it will probably continue to do so.

I haven't been keeping up with the M2000C; what in particular needs to change (or can you just send me your updated diff.lua files)?

Gents, I'm new to DCS and can appreciate some help in deciphering whats wrong with my setup.

My setup is as follows: Cougar Stick and Throttle, Saitek USB Rudder Pedals, Track IR5

Seems as if my Track IR is working fine, stick inputs on my Cougar stick are reflected on the Trim switch etc...

Problem is my #1 engine is at max power and my Cougar TQS only controls Engine # 2.

Other issue is when I try to read my HUD and mover forward towards it, the HUD imagery is still unreadable?

Here is my CCP HOTAS and Script settings:

Capture1_zpsgy2pvkyy.png

Capture_zpsnucaacoe.png

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Shack,

Your parameters are correct. On what module are you having difficulty (or name them all if there are more than one)? Did you make sure to load the profile that says "hc" into the Thrustmaster combined column for that particular aircraft? Also, regarding your HUD, are you using one of my custom SnapView files, and if so is it Classic or Boresight?

Finally, I just want to be sure you're using version 1.51 of the script.

Edited by Home Fries

Folks,

It looks like TARGET version 3.0.16.520 fixed the Warthog issues with H4L and EOLIGN. Feel free to install and use the latest version of TARGET on the Thrustmaster website.

To use v3.0.16.520 with version 1.51 of the profile, you will need to follow the instructions on page 8 of my Setup Guide. The section is titled Include TARGET.TMH (For TARGET 3.0.16 Users Only).

The next version of the profile (tentatively 1.60) will assume that v3.0.16.520 is in use, so you will want to update by then.

Home Fries

I have the new TM pedals and when I run the F86 script, the pedals become part of the TM Combined but I cannot assign any axis' to the rudder or brakes. So for now, how do I delete the TM pedals from TM combined so that they will appear in a separate column in the game so I can assign the rudder and brakes to them?

I am running your 1.51 profile with the latest version of Target with the change that is required in your profile. During the interim, I have gone back to using my CH pedals, even though they have some issues.

Edited by sobe
new last sentences

So for now, how do I delete the TM pedals from TM combined so that they will appear in a separate column in the game so I can assign the rudder and brakes to them?

On line 622 of DCS World.tmc, there's the line

Configure(&TFRPRudder,MODE_EXCLUDED);

which is remmed out because I was still using TARGET 1.0 at the time of release. Remove the two slashes in the front of that line and it should actively exclude the TFRP from the combined controller.

Also, just to be sure, did you the new TARGET.tmh assignment per page 8 of the Setup Guide? You'll need that to use the new TARGET version.

Home Fries

I removed the // and the rudders still combined with the Hotas-

Configure(&T16000,MODE_EXCLUDED);

// Configure(&T16000L,MODE_EXCLUDED);

// Configure(&TWCSThrottle,MODE_EXCLUDED);

Configure(&TFRPRudder,MODE_EXCLUDED);

Also did the following:

// include "Common/target.tmh" //improved target.tmh by Nicu (obsolete with TARGET 3.0.16)

include "target.tmh" //revert to default header if using TARGET 3.0.16

So what did I do wrong?

Home Fries

No joy.

// Configure(&T16000L,MODE_EXCLUDED);

// Configure(&TWCSThrottle,MODE_EXCLUDED);

//Configure(&TFRPRudder,MODE_EXCLUDED);

Exclude(&TFRPRudder);

BTW, the Ikanus gauge pit for the F-86 works nicely with your target profile.

I think I got it, sobe.

Cut the Exclude commands and paste them at the top of the

int main()

function just above the event handler line.

It should read

[color=#ff00ff][b]int[/b][/color] main()
{
[color=#32cd32]//Init Declarations.[/color]
SetKBRate[color=#ffffff]([/color]KBPress, KBDelay);        [color=#32cd32]//variables moved to personalization section in 0.70.[/color]

Configure(&T16000L,MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&TWCSThrottle,MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&TFRPRudder,]MODE_EXCLUDED);

[color=#32cd32]//End Declarations[/color]

[color=#ff00ff][b]if[/b][/color][color=#ffffff]([/color]Init(&EventHandle)) [color=#ff00ff][b]return[/b][/color] [color=#00ffff]1[/color]; [color=#32cd32]// declare the event handler, return on error[/color]

Edited by Home Fries

Home Fries

Success. Thanks. Did you read my TM pedal review in this forum?

Home Fries

Success. Thanks. Did you read my TM pedal review in this forum?

Awesome. I'll make sure this is fixed in the next version.

I just looked at your post. It kind of says what I've heard elsewhere; not a whole lot of substance. It's too bad; TM used to make some nice rudders. The RCS was a well made set, as were the Elites. Hopefully they market an upgraded version that will tear me away from my CH Pro gameports.