DCS: A-10C Warthog

Namenlos Ein

I just love it :)

+1 :thumbup:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have a quick question. Do you guys think that the A-10 module will have the same attention to detail and simulation accuracy as does Black Shark? Basically will every switch in the sim do exactly what it would do in the real aircraft, and can we expect similar aircraft system reproduction?

I have a quick question. Do you guys think that the A-10 module will have the same attention to detail and simulation accuracy as does Black Shark? Basically will every switch in the sim do exactly what it would do in the real aircraft, and can we expect similar aircraft system reproduction?

I don't see why not. Actually I think it's somewhere in FAQ.

I'm not really in any position to say so for certain, but I'm 100% it will be MUCH more than LOCK ON with a clickable cockpit.

The entire DCS series as far as I know will be accurately modeled, especially if they're going to be sim's that will go head to head with one another. An accurately modeled KA-50 against a porked A-10 will be pointless...might as well do that now with LOCKON :)

Indeed.

In fact, they have stated a multitude of times that to make an aircraft viable for inclusion in the DCS line of products they absolutely have to have sufficient reliable source material on the detailed function of the aircraft.

Originally they were going to make the A10A and not the A10C, refering to that lack of information, but after getting a contract that included transfer of knowledge about the C model they were able to do a faithful A10C simulation and thereby the model planned for DCS was switched to C.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

hope is it not just gonna be LOMAC with clickable cockpit

After playing with BS i don't think this is the case. Have faith.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Aside from the aircraft itself & associated systems, what new effects need to be added to DCS to make for a realistic fixed-wing simulator (rather than a helicopter sim with fixed wing aircraft available)?

Yeah, interesting question. Everybody knows that A-10C will bring a new aircraft obviously, but, what more? New graphic engine? 64bit capability? better ground AI? collidable trees? Drops over windshield :)?

When can we expect a feature list with things that DCS:A-10C warthog will bring? And more important, finally will it be 100% compatible with BlackShark?

Regards!!

You guys should read a thread, before repeating the same question a quazillion times. :music_whistling:

ED will be ready to talk about the A-10C module probably in the summer.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I read somewhere on the DCS series that the modules will be compatible with one another. That's what makes them modules...perhaps what Flaming Cliffs was to LOMAC with some sprinkes on top.

:D

I'm sure it's going to kick ass.

We'll have to wait until the summer before we get more info officially....*dools* mmm the thought of new producer notes.

Edited by element1108

The big difference being that each module is a stand-alone game... FC was an add-on that required Lock On. For each DCS module though, yes, the plan is that they all be compatible online.

Very good. Not that I wont buy any of the modules but thats a great approach.

The big difference being that each module is a stand-alone game... FC was an add-on that required Lock On. For each DCS module though, yes, the plan is that they all be compatible online.

Thanks you!! An official response is reassuring :)

Comming back to Ka-50 cockpit...

Regards!!

Translated from russian a comment by Chizh

"While we plan to do A-10 compatible with the Ka-50 in both single and online. While on the way there are some technical difficulties, we hope that can handle them."

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35679&page=40

"plan" "hope" ... don't screw DCS!! I'm really looking forward to development of this issue, I wish you luck!. Mind DCS without compatibility has not the same appeal :(

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Is that a machine translation Distiler? Machine translations butcher Russian even worse than most languages, so if it was then he might have said something completely different than "hope". :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

ED has learned to not use absolute terms before a product is completed. That's all there is to it.

In other words, there won't be any updates to questions on this issue until things are 100% nailed down.

All ED can do is let consumers know their intent and they will do their very best to make it happen. The alternative is ED simply remains quiet and does not discuss planned features.

Translated from russian a comment by Chizh

"While we plan to do A-10 compatible with the Ka-50 in both single and online. While on the way there are some technical difficulties, we hope that can handle them."

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35679&page=40

"plan" "hope" ... don't screw DCS!! I'm really looking forward to development of this issue, I wish you luck!. Mind DCS without compatibility has not the same appeal :(

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda