DCS: F-14A/A+/B by Heatblur Simulations coming to DCS World!

Cobra847

So we've got ourselves an F-14 able to dogfight, nice. DCS: F-14A+ is a day one buy for me. Now here's the other big question. Is this the post upgrade version that would give us access to LANTIRN or LANTIRN 40k and precision guided munitions? And which Phoenix missile are we getting?

But seriously, are we just getting one model or the A AND B?

From Cobra's post:

Both -A and -B Model F-14's

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Does this mean that the Tomcat will have a PFM, but the actual Phoenix missiles will have an AFM? Or that the Tomcat will have a FM somewhere in the middle between an AFM and a PFM?

Your quote looks to be the missile(same sentence)

I belive this is for the aircraft:

- Highly Accurate Flight Model - Based on Real Performance Data

Oohhhh I get it.

the F-14A+ was the F-14B... so we aren't getting two tomcats, but that's ok its still a bombcat ;)

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

jbGcU.gif

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Oohhhh I get it.

the F-14A+ was the F-14B... so we aren't getting two tomcats, but that's ok its still a bombcat ;)

Says F-14A, A+ and B.

A+ and B are the same, and if you want specifics, there's D (new) and D ®[Rebuilt from A+/B Frames] as well (Likely not gonna be done)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The S3's are already in the sim and usable.

Funny; I actually set one up as a dummy tanker for an ambient flight of Hornets in an older mission. Must have slipped my mind because of the excitement. :)

Thx for the reminder. :thumbup:

Cobra, how about a kickstarter to get Anthony Edwards to voice the AI RIO?

I would seriously back that.:thumbup:

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

So I wonder if the Air to Ground radar they got working is for a new plane or a future release of the F-14D??? Either way I am so happy to get a Tomcat in DCS!

I hope it comes with Carrier ops day one. I really don't want to land in a normal runway anymore:joystick:

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

I was under the impression the A+ and the B are the same aircraft? :helpsmilie:

Technically, yes but while they were designated A+ they were without any significant air to ground capability.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"