License Management Page

const

hello,

am in troubled with 2 Account and serials#; now ED-Support Team sent me this Link.

In the Link for "License serial number check".. after i filled Serial and get Detail...

I CAN´T FIND BIND-UN BIND Option in this page! So that i could unbin from a Account to my Antoehr... ALL Serials in ONE the.

Where is BIND/ UNBIND Bottom to click ...in this New Design ..in License Page??

Thank you very much!

MOTO

4 cores CPU / GTX-Card / Track iR + TM Warthog+Combat Rudder Pedal

• ED Team

login to your account on the website

bottom left " License check "

put key in, it should then allow you to bind the key

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have a similar problem with 2 accounts. I see 2 titles listed during license check, and bind / unbind option but, for the 3rd title the key is activated but shows bound to another account and no option to change. This 3rd title is A10C that I bought from Amazon, not through DCS. Also, when in multiplayer for DCS World I see plenty of servers listed for that account but, when in A10C multiplayer on that account I see no servers listed.

Please help.

Windows 10 x64, Intel i7 6700K, cooled by CoolerMaster, 32GB DDR4 , Asus Maximus VIII Hero, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, 2 SSD's, 1 2TB HDD and 1 3TB HDD, Benq 24", TM Warthog, MS Sidewinder FFB, TIR 5, F16 MFD, CH Pro Rudder

• ED Team
I have a similar problem with 2 accounts. I see 2 titles listed during license check, and bind / unbind option but, for the 3rd title the key is activated but shows bound to another account and no option to change. This 3rd title is A10C that I bought from Amazon, not through DCS. Also, when in multiplayer for DCS World I see plenty of servers listed for that account but, when in A10C multiplayer on that account I see no servers listed.

Please help.

have you logged into the account that has the 3rd title and unbound it there before you can bind it to another account?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Brilliant, why didn't I think of that.

I was able to re-bind the 3rd title but, after logging in multiplayer I still don't see any severs listed, but I see them from DCS World multiplayer with the same log in.

Any ideas.

Also, in DCS World Module Manager my 3rd title (A10C) is not listed and there is no 'Add' option available.

Edited by Barnowl

Windows 10 x64, Intel i7 6700K, cooled by CoolerMaster, 32GB DDR4 , Asus Maximus VIII Hero, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, 2 SSD's, 1 2TB HDD and 1 3TB HDD, Benq 24", TM Warthog, MS Sidewinder FFB, TIR 5, F16 MFD, CH Pro Rudder

I bought FC3 last night and it is listed in Module Manager but no A10C.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Must the binding of a key to a buyer's account only to be done by the seller/former owner of a key? I did a license check as the buyer and I see no bind option, so I assume it has to be with the seller. Can someone confirm? I'm trying to get the modules to show up in 1.5, but as of right now, I can only fly them in 1.2.x. I've done the whole install module, insert serial number at the pop-up, and flown with the aircraft in multiplayer, but it still isn't bound to me.

EDIT: Ok confirmed seller has to unbind then bind to new account. Alternatively, you could ask ED support to do so if you have the key already (as long as it's activated).

Edited by neoshi

• 2 weeks later...

No F-15

First of all I'd like to say that I'm grateful to DCS for all the work they have done.

I have another problem, a while back I purchased the F-15 and while I have it installed on the old DCS and I have a key and a copy of the purchase agreement. By the way that has the key on it. In the new beta it doesn't show that I ever bought it. When I go to my account it doesn't show that I bought it. So according to your records I shouldn't own it. But I do and you don't show anything.

I have asked for help and even sent a copy of the original purchase agreement, but I get no reply. Please respond to this. I am not really sure where to post this so I will post it in multiple places.

I need my BS1 key and its not listed under "details" like all my other modules in my account?

I did buy it in 2008 and I have my bs1 to bs2 upgrade key but I cant complete the upgrade until bs1 is activated!!

Purchase details below

11-12-2008

Edited by Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

• 1 month later...

Unbind and bind on other account

Hi everyone ,

Some time a go I give way a DCS MiG 21 bis and unbind the serial number from my account. Now the person have the game and can't play on DCS 1.5 because the module serial number is not on his account.

I don't have this option(Bind to another user with login .....)on my profile or account for this module serial number.

Please help me so this person can start play his game.

Thanks lots in advance.

JB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

I had that problem a while back. IIRC, I had to rebind the key to my account and then bind it to the account I wanted it to go to.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I had that problem a while back. IIRC, I had to rebind the key to my account and then bind it to the account I wanted it to go to.

Yes I think if unbind first, this option(Bind to another user with login....)disappear .So I did what you suggest and all is ok now. I give away 2 MiG-21bis and they have problem to activate on DCS 1.5.1.

Thanks lots and all the best.

JB.;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

• 2 weeks later...

i couldn't find any bind unbind option in web site

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deeplodokus

Hi. I had read many times that license activations are reset to maximum after 30 days or so. But it doesn't seem to be the case as I'm noticing on my profile page on digitalcombatsimulator.com that my products don't have the full count of activations. So, when I buy a product here, I don't buy a product, I buy X activations for it?!? Is that really the case?!?

edit: or is the reactivation something to be asked by email/ticket to ED/DSC team? Thanks.

Edited by deeplodokus

No, it is not "reset to maximum", but always one activation each 30 days. In addition you can deactivate all of your 10 activations before(!) upgrading your PC, reinstalling Windows and/or all DCS Stuff.

In general, if you "lost" an activation, because of a misshap, ED usually resets activations, if you kindly ask the support, as far as I have heard from many people on the forums and seen myself.

The absolute worst case would be you brake 9 PCs or Harddisks in a row in one month and lose all ten activations, the support is busy and takes some days to adress your issue so you get the next free activation in 30 days, if the support can't help you earlier...

As far as I've seen here, you would be the first guy to see this happen. ;)

EDIT: Deactivation has to be done by you, through the Module Manager (preferred) or by using the protect.exe in the modules bin folder prior to any change or upgrade of hardware.

Detailed description can be found in the DCS World Manual.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Can someone PLEASE help me fix this issue:

There are 3 of us in this house with 3 computers. User A on computer A, User B on computer B, user C on computer C.

All of us purchased mods thru Steam:

We all have FC3. User B has A-10C and User C has CA.

All was fine until user B logged on to computr A. Steam downloaded A-10C but then multiplayer said "Invalid Key" !

then same thing happened to user A on computer A after user B logged off. Invalid Key. Where it was working before.

All bindings at : http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/

show matched to the correct login. It looks like DCS doesn't like User A have in computer that has the mods someone else purchased. That's fine. Not our intent to cheat the system. After all only one person is using the A-10C at any given time anyway.

What in the wide, wide world of DCS DRM is going on here?

Thanks

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black

Can someone PLEASE help me fix this issue:

There are 3 of us in this house with 3 computers. User A on computer A, User B on computer B, user C on computer C.

All of us purchased mods thru Steam:

We all have FC3. User B has A-10C and User C has CA.

All was fine until user B logged on to computr A. Steam downloaded A-10C but then multiplayer said "Invalid Key" !

then same thing happened to user A on computer A after user B logged off. Invalid Key. Where it was working before.

All bindings at : http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/

show matched to the correct login. It looks like DCS doesn't like User A have in computer that has the mods someone else purchased. That's fine. Not our intent to cheat the system. After all only one person is using the A-10C at any given time anyway.

What in the wide, wide world of DCS DRM is going on here?

Thanks

Better ask Steam support.

In DCS World-non-Steam you can simply deactivate modules in the module manager!

In Steam version the only chance I can think of, is to identify the DCS World Install folder and remove the Folder of the module in question under DCS World/Mods/Aircraft/<module name>

But do so at your own risk, as I don't use Steam for DCS...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I'll try to figure out how to contact a live person in Steam support.

In the meantime.....is there a way to "clear out" and restart my DLC in my W7 user name profile.....like in saved games or somewhere similar?

Thanks for taking time to reply. this has us locked down.....and on our long weekend!

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black

I would try to find the DCS World folder under your steam installation (the one where the game is in, not the missions and config)!

In that DCS World folder you should have a /Mods/aircraft folder. Inside you should find the downloaded modules as a folder for each e.g. A-10C or UH-1H etc.

Now move the whole folder of the module causing problems to the Desktop (or wherever you want) so it is no longer present in the Mods/aircraft/ folder.

DCS World should no longer show the module as installed and not check the license when going online for MP.

If this does not work, I don't know, what steam does different...

The only alternative, if you guys want is to move to DCS World standalone/non-steam, as your steam-keys will work in DCS World (but not the Eagle Dynamics Shop keys in Steam, mind that, as Steam does not accept foreign keys).

There is a thread, how to "unsteam your DCS Install" and extract the keys from your steam account etc.

I'll try to find it and post it here.

Shagrat

The ususal PAth to your Steam Games seems to be this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common

The original thread about "unsteaming" seems to have been deleted, but there is a thread on Steam that shows in detail how to get your keys out of the Steam Launcher.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113587

It is possible to install both in parallel, though I don't know if the DCS install will find the Keys/authorization

Shagrat

Thanks for the reply. I tried deleting the DLC on the computer and that seemed to work until another log in attempt (i.e. a user with a DLC another user did not have.)

The ED support site person responded to me:

"I would recommend you to use different Windows accounts on PC with different DCS logins"

I don't think that's the issue. Each person makes sure they log into windows on their own account then on their own steam account. We will totally uninstall and re-install to see if we messed up somewhere but i don't think so.

I've got the original 3 computers running again by a new re-install.

I did learn that you can manually activate and deactivate by going to:

Mods/aircraft/bin/

then open up the protect.exe application. you can manually activate (and looks like deactivate) keys here.

If I only knew how/where the program was looking for keys and mods better I might be able to do what we need and stay legal.