DCS F-35A

Wags

We are confident, as a team, that you will be flying the Beta in April.

This could be the lead up to one of the most elaborate April fools jokes ever! DCS: April Fools

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, I would actually like to see some of the sources for this project. I would understand if you were unable to directly show us, but references would be appreciated. :)

That!

By now, I wait and see what's coming. I hope K.I. will have enough cash ressources, talented coders and modelers to go to the goal.

Just several questions to Eagle13:

- Have you started the project long ago? (Because you seems to be quite confident in writing April (hope 2014 ;) as beta date)

- The question submitted here above, from Pyroflash. Because yes, it seems to be incredible at the best that you can consider having enough ressources to code ans model accurately all what you've written on your website "The Lightning II’s systems, be it electric, hydraulic, fuel, navigation, or weapons, will be modeled in complete detail, following in the same high fidelity design philosophy as the DCS A-10 Warthog. "

- Do you plan to create a subforum section in here, DCS Forum, like other 3rd parties have done? (That could improve community proximity)

- Have you already a solution concerning Flight Control Computer management counteracting/regulating stick inputs,... vs pure aero calculation/model?

- Do you plan to code AFM?

That said (and asked), I just want to wish you good luck and good work. :thumbup:

Don't get discouraged by haters :music_whistling:

Thank you already for your answers.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

I apologize, but put these pictures here, just giving bad understood.

^ i just posted coz im sure a dcs level sim needs this level of external and internal look minimum but cant find any images in KI web pages, however for example IRIS has very nice models ext/int - and images on web - but no dcs news from iris for a while, so lets hope the best it guess it will takes (KI f-35) a half decade :(

- and i personally i'd prefer a dcs:f-4 phantom better

sign-pic4.jpg

This is ridiculous. No way will you be able to create a DCS quality module for an aircraft that isn't even operational yet, let alone unclassified. The plane is classified up to the eyeballs - the best you can possibly do is guess! This won't even be FC3 quality, it'll be nothing but guesstimations. Seriously, what were you thinking? Look at what ED puts out - aircraft that are either unclassified or that they had unprecedented access to. What are you hoping - to look at the F-35 and work out how it flies? Even the RAF and USAF don't know how well it flies yet, what hope do you have?

By all means, make this for another sim, where people don't care about accuracy, but don't taint DCS with it. If you're going to make a Lightning, make it the English Electric Lightning.

Edited by Wissam24
  • Like 1

Don't you consider it a bit bad form to plaster the only thread about this 3rd party project with pics from FSX?

just i have no idea how they will come up with models and cockpit (first) without any pre-works (more time i know) - not mentioning flight model and systems/avionics

others like IRIS already have FSX int/ext models at least (F-22, F-15E, F-14A/D, F-16D etc.)

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

@Wissam24

Why so negative? Chill... is Sunday...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Not looking forward to this at all. Won't ever be buying.

Won't be realistic because of lack of REAL data, this usually results in way too overpowered against everything else.

instead of you i will buy this f-35 but i have no idea when :cry: of course i will buy f-22 from IRIS however that plane classified as well :(

sign-pic4.jpg

Kinney Interactive DCS F-35 Q/A

Hi everybody,

As Wags has started a thread releasing the official information that work has already begun on the development of the DCS: F-35 by Kinney Interactive (here), I've read many many reactions from the community.

The subject of this thread is only a Q/A to the dev Eagle13.

I don't want to see this thread polluted by negative (or positive) reactions concerning the level of fidelity/possible/not possible/... It's always a never ending story and the factual infos are always 'masked'.

I want this thread an opportunity for the community to ask questions and the same opportunity to Eagle13 to answer them. So can we try to keep it clean/factual?

(If moderators doesn't like the idea of the 'centralization' of data/infos, delete the thread)

I begin the tour:

On another note, I would actually like to see some of the sources for this project. I would understand if you were unable to directly show us, but references would be appreciated. :)

That!

By now, I wait and see what's coming. I hope K.I. will have enough cash ressources, talented coders and modelers to go to the goal.

Just several questions to Eagle13:

- Have you started the project long ago? (Because you seems to be quite confident in writing April (hope 2014 ;) as beta date)

- The question submitted here above, from Pyroflash. Because yes, it seems to be incredible at the best that you can consider having enough ressources to code ans model accurately all what you've written on your website "The Lightning II’s systems, be it electric, hydraulic, fuel, navigation, or weapons, will be modeled in complete detail, following in the same high fidelity design philosophy as the DCS A-10 Warthog. "

- Do you plan to create a subforum section in here, DCS Forum, like other 3rd parties have done? (That could improve community proximity)

- Have you already a solution concerning Flight Control Computer management counteracting/regulating stick inputs,... vs pure aero calculation/model?

- Do you plan to code AFM?

That said (and asked), I just want to wish you good luck and good work. :thumbup:

Thank you already for your answers.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

On my site you'll see that I'm a Bio-medical Engineer, and a former USMC Officer. I specialized in treating the human body like a machine and looking at things like redesigning flight helmets with a reduced moment arm giving the pilot or crew more G tolerance. I did have an opportunity to lead the implementation and integration of the F-22 and B-2 avionics. But really it’s about the team, we have a passion bringing you the best simulation possible. We know this is the only F-35 you’re going to get your hands on – we are driven to get it right!

DCS is not a standard flight simulator it is a combat simulator, and combat is the main focus and the reason why people purchase DCS products.

What I see here is you're team making an aircraft only really suited to the FSX world and trying to push it into the DCS world. How are you going to simulate the combat side of a classified aircraft?

After all that is what everyone here is interested in.

Good luck.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I do prefer "realistic old stuff" over "half-classified aircraft".

They was a time when the pilot was something in the airplane, which is no longer the case in 5th gen platforms.

I will not get that one neither play server with that one.

Yet I welcome them in the DCS world and wish them success with their F35. Maybe i'll change my mind in the meantime ! :)

Bought UH-1 but this LOL.

A joke to simulator enthusiasts who fly DCS.

This is a combat simulator, I don't understand how they will model even the flight dynamics since it all top secret.

I don't wish this project any good since I don't want this simulator to become like SFX.

LOL it is easier to make F-35 then F-14 since half of F-35s systems and air-dynamics will come straight from imagination.

Edited by Teknetinium
  • Like 3

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

How many years in development is needed to produce a DCS level of the F-35? 3 years?

i guess from zero it needs 10 years :cry:

with having infos about systems/avionics and FM: 7 years

with having above + ext/int models: 5 years

with having all above + knowing how DCSW works (C++, LUA, Arg-animations, enviroment): 3 years

all above + lots of resources: 2 years

:( my two cents

sign-pic4.jpg