Typhoon Capability & Systems

To avoid dragging other threads off topic and to continue the various discussions.

In reply to:

Tranche 2 does have A2G capability

Public reference here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurofighter_Typhoon_variants#Tranche_2

Brimstone and Shadowsword is another topic entirely.

Arent we deviating from a topic about Tucano anyway?

Pman

No they don't. Not before P1Eb embodiment is complete, which is due to begin "soon". And even afterwards there are a lot of other complications that we are working through.

T2 jets don't have much capability at all in fact at present, but I won't go into specifics here for obvious reasons.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I read Brimstone was a few years away and the integration of a LDP is somewhat, un-integrated, ie, the designator gave you a reference and you had to input that reference into the bomb?

I love the aircraft but its going to be obsolete before its really a FOC multi role.

Have they wired up the MW and LW yet?

I personally blame our politicians.

Well there's a bit if a question there. If people want a truly realistic simulation model, then you can't have all that many weapons, if you can carry things such as Brimstone/Storm Shadow then it wouldn't match any real aircraft.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be any room for some artistic licence though, but people should know what they are asking for.

100% realistic simulation models are great and all, but cutting out certain capabilities just because they're not fully operational in RL is not ok, IMHO.

No matter how advanced and faithful to real life, DCS is still a video game.

And truth be told, even if some of the things in DCS Typhoon aren't true to real plane, 99,9% of fanbase won't know that.

Even A-10C isn't a 100% copy of real plane.

Not according to our Military contacts

Obviously something as sensitive as this I cant go into specifics

Pman

Interesting. Because I'm sat in the office that deals with such things. Both from an operational (1 Group) perspective, and an engineering/airworthiness perspective. With the latter being my direct area.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Guys,

As much as we would like to have fully functional military standards aircraft for the community, this simply isn't possible due to a lot of reasons, sensitivity being the main one.

We will "simulate" certain functions of the aircraft to give you the feeling of flying a Typhoon. These may be way off what the actual aircraft can deliver or how it functions from an avionics suite point of view, as has been said many times before.

Probably there are only a handful of people, Eddie being one of them, that will know that the real aircraft doesn't function the way our consumer version one will.

Even the EFM (PFM) we will develop for the consumer version will not be as realistic as the real aircraft due to sensitivity again but you know what, I doubt anyone on the forum has actually flown a Typhoon so you won't know anyway ;)

It will look and feel and handle like a Typhoon so don't worry.

Yes we will simulate weapons that may not be in service yet and certain weapons we simply won't be able to do as per certain aircraft functions.

Eddie, on our last research trip and subsequent conversations since, we were told differently. Let's just leave it at that. Pete wasn't questioning what you do or where you are and I think it's best of we drop this subject due to sensitivity again. Let's catch up for a beer next time we're at Conny and we can discuss it there ;)

Cheers,

Chris.

Sounds good to me.

I thinks it's likely a terminology issue. Capable most likely means a different thing to me than it would to you. ;) From P1Eb T2 becomes a different animal to what it is now, but even then Blk 8, 10, and 15 all have differences. At least you're not trying to do T3. :D

I'll be happy if you can just get the FCS right, never mind the mission systems.

As I've said before "artistic licence" is all good. It's not like there are many weapons to model anyway, we're not greedy like the spams.

Spoiler

I am fine with the not modeling exactly to a certain tranche capability. So hopefully that means we can get meteor, LGBs, brimstone, stormshadow, taurus, JDAM alarm, HARM, BL-755, DWS-39, harpoon, penguin etc.

Yes I'm dreaming, don't expect to see on release but to be working toward these weapon functionality would be my ultimate dream....

Love your work VEAO, cant wait till the Hawk is out, it might even push me to upgrade the old flight rig that is starting to show signs of dementia....

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Nope, no BL-755s, haven't had them for years.

There is another interesting discussion though, how to handle different weapon possibilities for different countries. The current DCS way could do with some improvement I think. It'd be nice if each country had their own aircraft variant, even if they are the same in all but skins, name and the weapons available.

No ALARM in service anymore either, so that will never be on Typhoon.

Spoiler

• ED Team

If you put her out with the quality and care you have done so far with the Hawk, I am not worried...

Guys,

As much as we would like to have fully functional military standards aircraft for the community, this simply isn't possible due to a lot of reasons, sensitivity being the main one.

We will "simulate" certain functions of the aircraft to give you the feeling of flying a Typhoon. These may be way off what the actual aircraft can deliver or how it functions from an avionics suite point of view, as has been said many times before.

Probably there are only a handful of people, Eddie being one of them, that will know that the real aircraft doesn't function the way our consumer version one will.

Even the EFM (PFM) we will develop for the consumer version will not be as realistic as the real aircraft due to sensitivity again but you know what, I doubt anyone on the forum has actually flown a Typhoon so you won't know anyway ;)

It will look and feel and handle like a Typhoon so don't worry.

Yes we will simulate weapons that may not be in service yet and certain weapons we simply won't be able to do as per certain aircraft functions.

Eddie, on our last research trip and subsequent conversations since, we were told differently. Let's just leave it at that. Pete wasn't questioning what you do or where you are and I think it's best of we drop this subject due to sensitivity again. Let's catch up for a beer next time we're at Conny and we can discuss it there ;)

Cheers,

Chris.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

For the gameplay factor it is certainly preferable to simulate more weapons than there are integrated on the real Typhoon. May I ask whether there are plans to simulate different operators weapons i.e. ASRAAM and IRIS-T or will you focus on the RAF armament? Is it possible to simulate dual mode guidance systems in DCS?

Regards

:) Curious to feel how different from the ASTA Military training simulator this module will be.

While I didn't actually fly the real Eurofighter I know what it can do.

:thumbup:

We will get it as close as we can, within reason :D

Pman

Edited by Pman
For the gameplay factor it is certainly preferable to simulate more weapons than there are integrated on the real Typhoon. May I ask whether there are plans to simulate different operators weapons i.e. ASRAAM and IRIS-T or will you focus on the RAF armament? Is it possible to simulate dual mode guidance systems in DCS?

Regards

To start with it will be RAF for sure as its where out contacts are.

In the future I know we have spoken about using some of the other operators system, how close they will be to the real thing really depends on how much info we can get and are allowed to release.

Pman

To start with it will be RAF for sure as its where out contacts are.

In the future I know we have spoken about using some of the other operators system, how close they will be to the real thing really depends on how much info we can get and are allowed to release.

Pman

I suppose the latter part will indeed be the more restricting one than the former. But as has already been noted, the majority of the users won't be able to tell the difference anyway and any professional is aware of the fact that this is a consumer product for public sale. Considering the impressions I have of DCS I believe it's a good base to built on, offering lots of opportunities.

What's important IMO is that all systems can at least be simulated with their most important functions. I can think of a lot of things that will most certainly not be in, but I wonder about those that could but which might not be in there either due to complexity or due to limitations of the DCS engine. But I suppose it continues to growth and hope there will be regular updates.

It would surely be nice if one could configure it himself, but the compromise will probably unacceptable for the devs.

regards Spectre

I think we're all missing the big question here.... will you be able to simulate that typical Typhoon Tail sliding behavior ;)

Seriously, as good as possible is just fine by me, anybody who expects a simulation to be 100% accurate to it's real life counterpart is expecting far too much, especially when that counterpart is a piece of high end military equipment. I think all of us here know this much. I'll be ecstatic if you give us a Eurofighter that looks good, sounds good, has most of the important switches in the right place, and most importantly flies right.... A rear seat version wouldn't hurt either ;)

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I don't mind certain classified things being simulated as long as they are believable and approximate some sort of verbal description of capability. It would be nice to have a statement of what has to be approximated and to what length so that we could just pidgeon hole the classified parts and not have to revisit those questions/debates.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *