Shoot - voice recognition

It's described on shoot's forums how to make it work with net 2 :)

Also it is possible to install 1.1 and 2 together.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I use SHOOT all the time in LO, FS, and AA ;)

Though I have NET 1.1 installed.

tail# 44 or 444

Can you please explain VAC? Are there any other good Voice Recognition programs out there for free? I heard of some others a while back but can't remember them.

I have had GameCommander2 for about 4+ years now and it always worked great. But After a Ghost Image restore last week I have started getting ASR Errors and Win32 ASR1500 Errors. Can't find a fix anywhere on the net or from GameCommander Support. I'm almost read to give up on it.

i use shoot with .net 1.1 and I love it.

It takes a lot of nursing and experimenting to get it to work well with LOMAC, but a little bit of patience rewards you with good results.

some lessons I learnt:

• take a little time to train the MS speech recogniser - it only needs about one or two additional reading sessions (over and above the default training) to start recognising speech more accurately (that's only about 20 minutes of your time) - you can also train custom phrases via shoot to increase accuracy
  • good hardware (boom mic on headset) and a quiet environment are very important
  • if you have a dual core processor, use procaff to run shoot on the second CPU and LOMAC on the first - gives more stability
  • shoot dislikes background noise and gets very confused if the microphone is on all the time - it's best to only turn on the mic when issuing a command and then turning it off again
  • shoot works best with LOMAC if you use a single button toggle instead of a "button hold" push-to-talk configuration (i use scroll-lock) - this way you have little chance of conflicts with other keys in LOMAC
  • i set up my HOTAS Cougar to "emulate" a hold config on the radio button by programming a "press" and "release" sequence on the button (each one sends a Scroll-Lock keypress) - that way, shoot starts listening when you hold the radio
  • button and stops when you release it, without any key actually being held down
  • i used a "tree structure" when programming shoot for comms commands - that makes the xml file smaller and easier to modify afterwards (my config file is attached - it is currently limited to comms commands only)
  • i modified the feedback sounds so that it's more obvious when shoot acknowledges a command

hope this helps somebody out there to benefit from this great little app. ;)

LOMACFC.xml.txt

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

I've just given VAC its chance. I'm totally dissapointed with its stability.

After installation I opened VAC's Help, and start learning and getting used to its interface, and suddenly my system almost totally froze, except mouse and Alt-tab switcher still was showing up. I couldn't do nothing. Couldn't close VAC, open taskmanager from taskbar, not even CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Simmilar thing happend after hard reboot when I tried VAC again.

I uninstalled the thing.

The moral: If it works, don't fix it. I'll stay with my trusty SHOOT app.

tail# 44 or 444

How to send complete words instead of single keystrokes?

I'd like my spoken brevities to be converted to the typed word in the chat message window, when playing online.

So, there must be a speech engine that recognises my words (like: contact, bandit, bearing, defensive, fox, one, two, seven, break, beaming, .... ) and then enters each spoken word followed by a "space" into the chat window, if it is opened and a special key (Voice Recogniser PTT) is pressed.

Any ideas?

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Okay, this should work with "Shoot" also, wow! I used SR Software some years ago, but this MS Training was increedibly precise on the first run.

I am now in the need of a good and simple XML-Editor!!

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

Shoot in its various guises

Shoot was good 2 years ago. I used it then. Supported the author via PayPal. And not much has happened since.

VAC. Supported the author. Got a Licence:

1. Very active community

2. Very active support

3. Works a lot better than shoot

4. If you post a question on the support site, you actually get an answer from the Dev

5. Buy it.

6. Nuff said. Unless you are one of those Warez knobs who thinks the whole world owes you something - for free?

7. Warez freek? Excellent ..... you don't get terminated, its a vaporising job for you. Sorted

Shoot seems to work quite good at first, but after some minutes in use, it seems to having problems with some buffer, because I get word combinations I used about 20 seconds ago, but only If I say new words, which are then only be output'd some time later and so on.... weird...

Shoot seems to work quite good at first, but after some minutes in use, it seems to having problems with some buffer, because I get word combinations I used about 20 seconds ago, but only If I say new words, which are then only be output'd some time later and so on.... weird...

yep, had those problems too, at first. It seems to be important to run shoot with a toggle switch and only to toggle it on when issuing commands - then turning it off again immediately. if you use a "hold key" function or leave it listening all the time, you get this kind of behaviour with LOMAC. have you tried that?

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

• 8 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...