Map covering all monitors.

Tacom

I run a two monitor configuration and the F10 appears on both of them, so I have to switch off Helios everytime I want to check the map.

I thought it was a new behaviour until I checked A10 standalone version I realized I always had half of the map hidden.

Where can I tell it to stay in the main window?

• ED Team

Its on the wish list somewhere, it has been like that for a long time :(

maybe one day we will be able to put the map on one screen, until then we can only hope :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yep, its the only thing I know of that cant be fixed. Too bad as my awesome configuration would be in CA that I can bring up the map on my helios screen while hiding helios and keeping my in cockpit view on the main screen. That would make me happy!

Workaround :

Only workaround up to now is to use SoftTH with DCS -

SoftTH has the function to draw all content that is spread among other screens at your main screen by using a hot-key : [AppKey+S]

So you can jump in a A-10 and spread everything like usual - and when you change to a commander position - you can bring everything at a single screen without much hassle.

Learn more in this thread: SoftTH NEWS

@ Tacom

But you will have to re-arrange your monitors/view.ports probably in another way (stacked) to get a satisfying result in your case.

Edited by PeterP

Workaround :

@ Tacom

But you will have to re-arrange your monitors/view.ports probably in another way (stacked) to get a satisfying result in your case.

Stacked? sorry for my english, that means one on top of the other? Thats my current configuration.

• ED Team
Stupid me :music_whistling: wich one is the AppKey

the one between right windows key and RCTL :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Solved. For SoftTH to work you have to select Fullscreen in DCS World. After that the hotkey works flawlesly.

The solution is less than perfect because it squases a 1920x2280 render into the 1920x1200 so everything is flatened.

A good workaround whle we wait for a definitive solution. After three years it must be almost ready :megalol:

Thx

My vote for addressing this issue!

SoftTH isn't an option for me (I have a "Hard" TH :-). I add my vote (for what it is worth) to addressing this issue. It would just need the ability to direct the F10 rendering to a named viewport, like the other instruments and the 3D world view.

Applies to all the DCS modules, of course.

I can only hope...

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

+1 has this been fixed yet, or worked on?

Either fixing the map to display in the same space as "Center", or allowing us to configure the map viewport like Loophole suggested, would be perfect.

EDIT: (This issue is annoying because 40% of my map is offscreen, making it impossible for me to pan the map all the way to the right and see all the terrain. Also whenever I click the "Center on Me" button, the map becomes centered on some point not where I am, which is frustrating when I'm trying to find myself : )

Edited by pocococo

• 10 months later...

+1

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Why is this thread under CA? Is this not a DCS World issue? After two years should this not be moved to the wish list?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This has been posted under DCS World wishlists and bug reports (including the multi-monitor section). At no time have we ever had any response to the issue (not even a "we'll get to it after EDGE is released"). This applies to DCS World as a whole, but it essentially makes CA unusable for many multi-monitor users in its current state.

• 5 months later...

Insane that this isn't fixed yet. I'm using Helios on my secondary screen and half the map is buried under that, making it impossible to use.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen