[no bug] Weapons seems to have no weight

sanders

I tried to drop all weapons at once while a stable horizontal flight to see if the attitude of the aircraft has changed, but nothing happens, the A10C stayed absolutely straight in the air with no altitude increase !

When a missile is firering from a wing extremity, the plane should move too, but nothing happen !

I wonder if it's normal.

My reference A10 sim is A10 CUBA for its physics modeling.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I7 8700K OC 5GHz (delid), AORUS Xtreme 1080 Ti, 16GB 3200Mhz, 1TO M2 PCIE. OCULUS Rift, Sidewinder Force Feedback 2, Gametrix KW-908 JetSeat TurboJet.

You're using a 1996 game as a reference for a top of the line 2011 game that has been updated throughout the years? Niiiiiiice.

And just to answer your question, no, weapons do have weight and are very heavy. I know I can feel the difference between flying a battle-ready hog vs a clean configuration. Try some maneuvers fully loaded, then jettison and do the same maneuvers. You'll find the jet is far more nimble.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

You can try this too:

1- Load your a10 with mk82s on all stations.

2- get airborne.

3- in the DSMS page, selective jettison, select all the stations that are on the right side of the aircraft.

4- Jettison them.

5- watch your aircraft roll left.

6- Money.

People with actual experience with combat aircraft will have a better input on the subject, hence why i just describe a procudure to experience the weight variations in the sim.

Also u can buy and set up a buttkicker system and it will make your butt tickle when u pickle

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

Edited by Kimi_uy
  • Like 1

Yeah I can say its modeled quite well in this sim. I unloaded all my Mavs on the right side and my JDAM as well. Left side still fully loaded. Had to trim the A/C WAY right to keep it level. So I flew over open water and jettisoned all those tax dollars into the ocean to balance out :) WIth a wicked 10 m/s crosswind coming from the right at Batumi, last thing I needed was my left side heavy.

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

16 GB pc 3200 DDR with XMP

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals

Thurstmaster HOTAS Warthog

What are you even talking about? I have to retrim my A-10C after every bomb and every missile

+1 !

Intel Core i7 6700K@4.7GHz, Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark1, 16Gb Kingston DDR4 2800MHz, Asus Geforce GTX1080, SSD Sandisk Extreme Pro 250Gb, Seagate 2Tb, TM Hotas Warthog, Ch Pro Pedals, TrackIr 4, Oculus Rift CV1 & Rift S

Aw, come on guys, OP is obviously joking. I mean, A-10 Cuba is our reference physics modeling? If that was true I'd start filling out bug reports for GTA based on behaviour from Super Mario.

• Like 1

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

To be fair to OP, it really depends on the altitude he's dropping his weapons and how much trim he has set. As well as how fast he's going

I know for fact that high up dropping a weapon doesn't do anything, especially if you have it trimmed to level flight.

But come down to 5000 and you'll start seeing your plane sway a bit as you drop weapons. Still depends though. Without trim your plane would probably veer quite a bit regardless. Going slow, even more.