Rudder Pedels??

bC3660

I am also a happy MFG Crosswind user. Can't really understand how I managed without them.

I also really can't understand how some armchair pilots don't find good rudder controls essential? Not just because you need toe brakes for a lot of the planes but because it is impossible to make coordinated turns without them. Of course a twist stick etc works but not using rudder input other than when taking off seems strange when flying the most advanced combat flight sim on the market.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

I also really can't understand how some armchair pilots don't find good rudder controls essential? Not just because you need toe brakes for a lot of the planes but because it is impossible to make coordinated turns without them. Of course a twist stick etc works but not using rudder input other than when taking off seems strange when flying the most advanced combat flight sim on the market.

Agreed, and I certainly would have a hard time flying the KA-50 without pedals. My Saitek Combats have been good for me, but I too have the Crosswinds on order due to be run this month, really looking forward to getting them.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well, I ordered them MFG too, Milan will work hard this winter ! by February, $500 canadian, shipping included.

The reviews are amazing, it is as if owners have been hypnotized...".. You must get them...can't fly without them...you must.....":smilewink:

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

I got Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and it works great.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

for some logiteck3d joystick is sufficient - it is undeniably better then keyboard to fly with (and i used myself it for quite few years). yet i would think the TMWH is on most virtiual pilot's wishlists if not already owned despite quite steeper price premium. same with pedals. if you want improvement and can afford then why not improve?

Did you miss the "works great" part of his comment? The Saitek combat pedals aren't that bad, I've had em for a couple of years before I went for BRD products and quite frankly, they are quite alright for the TMWH. They are infinitely more affortable than Slaw's F-16 pedals. And frankly, I don't think Slaw's stuff is adequately priced, sorry.

Crosswinds are probably a step in the right direction but I wouldn't upgrade to them over the combat pedals unless they died on me.

• Like 1

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Well, I ordered them MFG too, Milan will work hard this winter ! by February, $500 canadian, shipping included.

The reviews are amazing, it is as if owners have been hypnotized...".. You must get them...can't fly without them...you must.....":smilewink:

It's simple. Off-the-shelf pedals are deeply lacking in quality as controllers are considered toy products for kids. :)

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

• 3 weeks later...
If it's hypnosis, it's a good one, coz it's been working for 18 months in a row. :D

HeHe! It is not hypnosis. A quality product which fulfills and exceeds its customers expectations will be rewarded by its customers testimonials of satisfaction and happiness with the product. I owned and used Saitek Flight pedals for more than 2 years. They are a mid level product which work satisfactorily and I had no problem with. Until I received my Crosswinds I didn't know what a high level set of rudder pedals performed like. Until you use a quality set of rudder pedals you will never know how deficient mid to low level pedals are. They do work, but their precision is far far below that of the Crosswinds. Just plugging them in and calibrating the Crosswinds I knew these were far more precise than a what I had been using. My first takeoff in the FW190 confirmed my impressions of the calibrating process. I saved my money for 2 years while keeping in touch with Milan and reading the positive testimonials before I purchased mine. If you want mediocre performance, keep using your Saitek and similar products, but if you want a precision product worth every penny of its asking price, then save your money and purchase a set of Crosswinds. The bonus is that you will get to correspond with Milan who is a gracious engineer, company owner and product distributor that will personally answer your correspondences. As I said before, I have not read of a dissatisfied customer yet. As a matter of fact, I have never read a review from an owner of Crosswinds that was not overly happy with the product they received in their Crosswinds.

S!Blade<><:smilewink:

• Like 1

I have a new set of Crosswinds sitting in a box beside me, will be opening them up for the first time tomorrow morning for assembly and installation. I received them on Thursday, but with everything we had going on for Christmas I just did not have the time to devote to them proper. Also wanted to get my system updated to Windows 10 and get it running smoothly which I did yesterday.

I am really looking forward to hooking these up in the morning and finally retiring my Saitek Combats. I am sure I will be posting my positive feedback in the Crosswind Review thread here very soon.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have a new set of Crosswinds sitting in a box beside me, will be opening them up for the first time tomorrow morning for assembly and installation. I received them on Thursday, but with everything we had going on for Christmas I just did not have the time to devote to them proper. Also wanted to get my system updated to Windows 10 and get it running smoothly which I did yesterday.

I am really looking forward to hooking these up in the morning and finally retiring my Saitek Combats. I am sure I will be posting my positive feedback in the Crosswind Review thread here very soon.

Once calibrated and you are actually flying with them I will put my money on the fact that you will be overwhelmed by their precision and actual performance in flight. Enjoy!

S!Blade<><:thumbup:

Once calibrated and you are actually flying with them I will put my money on the fact that you will be overwhelmed by their precision and actual performance in flight. Enjoy!

S!Blade<><:thumbup:

:thumbup:

I have a feeling you are right. Think I am going to bed early just so tomorrow morning gets here sooner lol.

And to make it even better currently I am mainly flying the KA-50, which I am sure will benefit greatly with the new pedals.

Don B

Agreed, been using mine a lot since Monday, and man oh man - what a feeling!

Truly is unbelievable! So smooth and precise.

My KA-50 flying improved immensely rather quickly.

Don B