[FIXED IN 2.0] Flood light on A-10C

yeepee

It is marked as "reported" from october... One and half mounth already.

Also as I can see this bug same for su-27 - flood light (red) cuts somewhere on seat.

And I think there are other modules affected as well.

It's after all why this is called a BETA. Bugs like this should be expected and there is a release version for people that doesn't want to mess with BETA stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

pleaseeeee fix this issue is just impossible to flight night missions....:(

Impossible? Nothing is impossible.

Use your NVGs to find the Battery Switch and Floodlight. The floodlight illuminates the lighting control panel to allow you to set the rest of the lighting controls for flight.

Nothing is ever impossible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

It's after all why this is called a BETA. Bugs like this should be expected and there is a release version for people that doesn't want to mess with BETA stuff.

Well, there was loooooooooooong time waiting "dcs 2.0" with new graphic engine. That's why, I guess, we all use beta version ;)

For me - I can't fly in "release version" because of poor performance and low fps, while 1.5 looks not perfect but much better.

- Ну-с, так... - сказал хорошо поставленный мужской голос, - В некотором было царстве, в некотором государстве жил-был царь, по имени... мнэ-э... ну, в конце концов, неважно. Скажем, мнэ-э... Полуэкт... У него было три сына-царевича. Первый... мнэ-э-э... Третий был дурак, а вот первый?.. (с)АБС.

Well, there was loooooooooooong time waiting "dcs 2.0" with new graphic engine. That's why, I guess, we all use beta version ;)

For me - I can't fly in "release version" because of poor performance and low fps, while 1.5 looks not perfect but much better.

But it doesn't change the fact that it still is beta and its still under development, no matter how long everydody have been waiting or what specs they have on their rig. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Fix for v1.5.x

Has anyone else noticed that it works as intended in 2.0? :)

Yup, thankfully, it has been fixed. And for the impatient who want to also fly Warthog night missions with proper lighting on the Black sea map, here is how you can fix it for v1.5:

Copy the following two files from your 2.0 OpenAlpha installation to the v1.5 OpenBeta:

Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Shape\A10C-CPT.EDM

Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\LightSystem\LightSystem.lua

Copying the LightSystem.lua is not strictly necessary, but I'd recommend it. I'd also recommend to use JSGME (see http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607) for this.

Have fun! :joystick:

[EDIT] With the release of OpenBeta 1.5.2.48162, this fix has been incorporated.

Edited by Finlayson
Release OpenBeta v1.5.2