Saitek X52Pro Mfd and Fip how to home

algerad3

Thanks. this dll doesn't seem to work at all though. Nothing is displayed on the MFD and I get this error in the DCS.log file:

00019.355 ALERT EDCORE: Can't execute Lua file C:\Users\Andrew\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua - attempt to index a string value

Once you quit from a game session back to the main menu it also crashes DCS world pretty hard.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated version works again now. Unfortunately it only seems as stable as the original old version - dials work fine but eventually will crash the game if you keep turning them. I think I probably agree with Algerad3 that it's probably less likely your dll that's causing the crashes as much as how we are trying to use it in the game. I tried to write a basic polling script myself to only call the callback to check if the dials had changed once every few frames, but I didn't get it working right. It'll be interesting to see if Algerad3's other project gets it going.

Ok, well, I finally got my DCS World to work on my computer! It was using the HD3000 instead of the 540M... Not the games are playable.

Are you using x52 only or trying with FIP too?

Just need to know on what device it is crashing (I don't have a x52)

I'll try to take a look at your export.lua and try to reproduce and hopefully fix the problem.

Hey guy's , Again been busy. Real life is getting in the way of my sim life.

I had issues with my scripts for awhile , could not get things working. Now that it is sorted out, I found the same thing Moburma had going on , every hit on the scroll wheels caused a crash. I will look at thew crash logs to verify ,but I think in a way this is a good thing. Now we some thing that may explain the crashes or an easier way to sort things out , I will play with both dll this afternoon( barring more interruptions.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

Just some quick and dirty tinkering. I am reducing the crashes on the buttons.

as the button states are for now.... We are indeed calling and sending things out of order.

I changed the Radiocallback function as noted below and was able to just roll the wheel as fast as i wanted, but also the wheel takes a little time to stop , sometimes it rolls on its own . Still working out the kinks.

Also , you have to have fine control when using the scroll wheel with this config as it sometimes reads more than one press.

function RadioCallback(model, index, state)

function LuaExportBeforeNextFrame() -- NEW ADJUSTMENT.

if rot ==1 then

if bitSet(state, bitMask["rswup"]) then do

GetDevice(48):performClickableAction(3007,-1)

end

elseif

bitSet(state, bitMask["rswdown"]) then do

GetDevice(48):performClickableAction(3007,1)

end

if

bitSet(state, bitMask["rswc"]) then

rot = rot+1

end

end

end

end

end

I am not sure which Dll I am using as I have everything organized on my box at this time. I believe I have the first 64 release for this test.

Edited by algerad3
I am me and I am not perfect the first time around...maybe tomorrow but , not today.

Are you using x52 only or trying with FIP too?

Just need to know on what device it is crashing (I don't have a x52)

I am using the x52pro right now. The fip's also causes a crashes only they are more random. This issue I know is due to my lack of programming style/ skills.

On a side note: My skills are slowly improving.

algerad3, you are a genius! The Ka-50 exporter works perfectly now. I only ran it for about a minute, but I was able to spin the dial around without any crashes at all. The only problem was as you said it would count too many inputs and it seemed to not be possible to turn the dial in less than 2 increments. This was with the latest 64 bit dll chrillith posted. I feel bad now that he spend all this time fixing it and it was our fault all along :music_whistling:

I need to get it working with my A-10 exporter, but it's not working yet, it just crashes MFD. Then again my A-10 exporter is a disaster area at the moment, there are loads of leftovers from various experiments I tried that I forgot to remove, so they are likely causing the problems.

So now , we need to get a little more control over the button functions so that it stops at the required increments. I believe I need to work through the "end" and place them properly.

Once that is done, I can the create a script that utilizes the functions better and in a more organized fashion.

One other question....does your pages jump around? One minute your are looking at fuel and the next it jumps to alt ,then mode page back to something else?

Wow, I just went back to my A-10 exporter and spotted instantly why I had the problems with the altitude and airspeed indicators. An incredibly dumb and obvious error on my part that stumped me for weeks yet took about 5 seconds to fix when I finally noticed it...

I haven't managed to get the same success with the A-10 exporter stability yet, but my code is terrible and I need to go through it with a fine tooth comb to get rid of all the dumb things like above that I left in.

• 4 weeks later...

hey there peoples ....

Slow going over here.. I believe I have found myself beyond the boundaries of "cut and paste " programming. Got some trial and error stuff going on. Have not forgotten the team. I hope everyone else is making some progress. I hope to have something to show here soon.

Making more progress....Kinda

Back again..... Mixed bag of news.

First foray at real programming has left me in a quandary.

I have a listener socket set up with the saitek module ( hitting the lua for windows saitek module . 32 bit)

As of right know I can not get the data to update on the mfd and after about a minute black shark freezes. I can still change pages and get things to work as desired only black shark frozen( not crashed ). When i shut down the saitek module without stopping the blackshark , it ( the sim) picks up where it left off.

Weird stuff..

anyways I present my current works in progress in case anyone is willing to help/ or share their knowledge or want to tinker.

would like to know where i made the wrong turn....

Export.lua

restart.lua

O.k a little progress here. Never mind the mess its still under construction.

know it does not freeze black shark, info comes in but does not update.

For know I will leave the data part alone and work on sending button commands. After I set up pages and callbacks for the fip.

so

1) add fip pages and callbacks ( should be quick)

2) add button commands function

3) sort data update issue

4) clean up

5) make files for specific set ups ( 1 for x-52p only, 1 for fip only , 1 for fip and x52p combined )

6) implement start up and modules sorter. ( start dcs , pick proper module , send command to open saitek prog.)

To test the attached attempt you will need both files. ( export for dcs and restart to run the saitek x52p listener.

have fun

restart.lua

Export.lua

I got the X52 pro and my 4 fip to work together.

Finally. sending commands to turn of the lights without crashing and banging.

So on to the next step.

try to send to dcs and make things happen. Gonna be a rough task as I still have not sorted out the data rec stuff.

Since I got this far ....

any advice would help.....

again I post my "Masterpieces" :helpsmilie:for review.

dcs export lua using sockets in the previous post and the new receiver is right here ..

restart.lua

FIP Button and Dial LUA Example

Hi there;

Big fan of the LUA work on FIP, can anyone give me a simple example of properly accessing the FIP buttons and dials? I've tried my best to implement examples from here, but am having problems.

Thanks!

Iris

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on the subject? By the way, there are new drivers for the X-52 Pro, is it compatible with the DLL?

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat