Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish there was more usefulness for the MiG 21. I'd prefer to fly a full fidelity fighter than babymode FC3 planes

Can't wait the M2000 to be fixed. It's gonna be more interesting, I'm quite tired of those FC3 planes aswell. Anyway, whoever scripted Blue Flag hats down, that's a huge work so thank you for offering a new gameplay in DCS for the community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Server machine was on fire. Took ~30 minutes to bring it back cause of highly Ram usage...

What did you do??? :D

Up and running again. Sorry for the delay.

Greg

Can't wait for ED to get that dedicated server portion completed... I would imagine that would help sever stability a lot?

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Was such a relief to see BluFor finally coming together last night. CAP, Srikers and Helos working well together, and we even managed to dodge Beslan getting bugged (we couldn't re-arm or re-fuel until the next restart after we capped it).

Just a quick note to all A-10 pilots - check your fuel status (Jeffrey!)

Can't wait for ED to get that dedicated server portion completed... I would imagine that would help sever stability a lot?

Xcom and I have made some progress on that front.... More testing tonight! :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

The server restarted that's why right? Should be ok now.

Greg

Looks like it was because I had no lives left. It's not the first time I have this issue though (even with 0/4 lives used), maybe it can happen when you join after restart (probably that's why other reds couldn't select any slots). Sorry for causing trouble, thank you 373!

The lives aren't based on your connection time, it's useage over a time period. Anyway, lives have been reset Roccoo so you should be able to join again.

I know that, I was just trying to guess why other reds couldn't join! I wasn't the only one having troubles this morning that's what caused some confusion (and I didn't know I had no lives because the last one was taken by a server crash 9 hours earlier) :thumbup:

Sometimes you have to restart the game a few times to fix this issue (when it's not related to lives), it happened to me when I was fwd observer and seems to happen more frequently when server has many connections or has freshly restarted.

Concerning choppers, from what I have gathered we bring 500 fuel to a airport, which amounts to 10 spawns(as far as huey fuel usage is concernend). For most bases 500 fuel is often a 30 to 45 minute flight in the huey. I am not sure how much fighter aircraft take but it is nigh on impossible to keep the bases supplied.

Doing a fuel run, due to the long flighttime is also extremely boring, is there anyway to shorten the fuel run's, or atleast make it feel like it has any form of significance?

I think the way helicopters operate and the tasks they do warrant a look after the campaign is over. So far I've found it very enjoyable since it feels like I am contributing to the overall fight in my huey.

I agree with snark, other than that there is not enough chopper slots available to compensate the significance of their operations. What about adding AI-Cargo-Planes to bring fuel? They would be faster, and we'd have more choppers available for the other tasks choppers are needed for. Just a suggestion for next round ...

Concerning choppers, from what I have gathered we bring 500 fuel to a airport, which amounts to 10 spawns(as far as huey fuel usage is concernend). For most bases 500 fuel is often a 30 to 45 minute flight in the huey. I am not sure how much fighter aircraft take but it is nigh on impossible to keep the bases supplied.

Doing a fuel run, due to the long flighttime is also extremely boring, is there anyway to shorten the fuel run's, or atleast make it feel like it has any form of significance?

I think the way helicopters operate and the tasks they do warrant a look after the campaign is over. So far I've found it very enjoyable since it feels like I am contributing to the overall fight in my huey.

One Su-27 can have 9 tons of fuel, and if you carry 1000kg of fuel, you are going to need a lot of trips for one aircraft.

The way I've understood is that the fuel system the helicopters transport is for spawning and is a system that functions outside of the standard re-fuel system at a airbase.

Yes, exactly. The system works outside keeping the data in separate files from the mission.

We didn't use the warehouse capacities at that point.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP