Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 5

gregzagk

Let me make it all clear how the repair works, and why sometimes the repair groups and times can be confusing.

Apart from what Greg said, there are 2 special conditions to the repair.

1. When someone brings a repair/refuel crate to an Aerodrome/FARP/City which is being repaired, the first group in line to be repaired will be repaired immediately.

2. In Aerodromes only, the fuel bunkers have a special repair mechanism that always gives precedence for repair.

So, for example - if I attack an Aerodrome and destroy by this order the groups - SAM, EWR, INTERCEPT, Fuel.

What would happen with the repair in the background -

a. The fuel would be automatically thrown to the head of the list for repair.

b. The time from the first destroyed group count down would still continue.

So this means that if the SAM which was destroyed first, had a random time set for 25 minutes, and the Fuel bunkers were destroyed 20 minutes after the SAM was destroyed, the fuel would be repaired in 5 minutes as the timer continues but the fuel takes precedence.

The fuel is having precedence in order to make sure the Aerodrome is not closed for a very long period of time, otherwise someone could exploit it to destroy the fuel bunkers at the end of the attack process and in such, making the Aerodrome unavailable for a minimum of 1 hour 15 minutes or maximum of 2 hours and 30 minutes which would have a very big impact.

I know this can be confusing, and could show of some script issues, but it doesn't.

As far as I saw so far, the repair worker logic part of the script is working with no issues, I have revised it a few times during the testing period to make sure everything is working.

Hope this makes it clear for everyone :)

So, a timer starts after the first GROUP is fully destroyed. And besides fuel, the rest of the groups repair in sequence. But that timer will always count for fuel, even if they haven't been destroyed yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that timer will always count for fuel, even if they haven't been destroyed yet?

No, if fuel is not destroyed the timer has nothing to do with fuel. only if both fuel bunkers are dead (Group of 2 bunkers) the timer will count for the fuel bunkers. If the fuel bunkers are both dead you wont be able to spawn from there.

So basicically, if you start the SA3 group at 900 and then hit a fuel at 0915 then then the entire close shortens by 15 mins if you hit the fuel last.

Maybe thats something we have to consider.

Let me make it all clear how the repair works, and why sometimes the repair groups and times can be confusing.

Apart from what Greg said, there are 2 special conditions to the repair.

1. When someone brings a repair/refuel crate to an Aerodrome/FARP/City which is being repaired, the first group in line to be repaired will be repaired immediately.

2. In Aerodromes only, the fuel bunkers have a special repair mechanism that always gives precedence for repair.

So, for example - if I attack an Aerodrome and destroy by this order the groups - SAM, EWR, INTERCEPT, Fuel.

What would happen with the repair in the background -

a. The fuel would be automatically thrown to the head of the list for repair.

b. The time from the first destroyed group count down would still continue.

So this means that if the SAM which was destroyed first, had a random time set for 25 minutes, and the Fuel bunkers were destroyed 20 minutes after the SAM was destroyed, the fuel would be repaired in 5 minutes as the timer continues but the fuel takes precedence.

The fuel is having precedence in order to make sure the Aerodrome is not closed for a very long period of time, otherwise someone could exploit it to destroy the fuel bunkers at the end of the attack process and in such, making the Aerodrome unavailable for a minimum of 1 hour 15 minutes or maximum of 2 hours and 30 minutes which would have a very big impact.

I know this can be confusing, and could show of some script issues, but it doesn't.

As far as I saw so far, the repair worker logic part of the script is working with no issues, I have revised it a few times during the testing period to make sure everything is working.

Hope this makes it clear for everyone :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

So basicically, if you start the SA3 group at 900 and then hit a fuel at 0915 then then the entire close shortens by 15 mins if you hit the fuel last.

Maybe thats something we have to consider.

Agreed

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I personally like the idea of bases being closed for a couple of hours. It give a new dynamic to the current setup.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Just to be clear, I think this is where some confusion has arisen. It's a fairly complicated situation where you can kill 2 bunkers in 2 mins and have them respawn 2 mins later and have the entire airport respawn. Thats actually not a great design and its not been made overly clear and has caused query. Yeah sure, you can kill seperate groups, but who does, you pick the SA3 first, then go bunkers....maybe....you have to work fifteen minutes on the air port but if you kill the bunkers last, you shorten the time by however much you finished the first group by when you started the bunkers.

Whilst I agree that the bunkers are more important to promote, i dont believe it should shorten the total time to close.

Maybe instead they respwan quickly after capturing the base . 5 or 10 minutes maybe minutes maybe. If the attack stalls and you can't close it. It's kind of a natural consequence that your foretold is down for a while. That's what happens after an attack. No more dedicated slots, so it shouldn't be a killer that the bunkers respawn in order.

Edited by Shadow_1stVFW

Whilst I agree that the bunkers are more important to promote, i dont believe it should shorten the total time to close.

I do believe the bunkers being high priority should go to the front of the queue, but they should have the full 15 to 30 minute repair time. Not whatever time the unit they replaced had left to run till repaired that currently is happening.

You work at the base and even leaving the bunkers until last, you get the closed message up and as they helo's are coming in a minute or 2 later to drop troops the bunkers respawn in and open up on the helos.

Very very frustrating.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

;2676747']Yes! In fact we are coming to Blue Flag, and....... :D

NNe1f84.jpg

av6oHuM

Hehe, hands up for McGregor!

Guys, About the repair process regarding the fuel bunkers, at the moment it will stay as it is as the round starts tonight. We will however, review it for next rounds and consider your input to get it optimized for fair play and for best immersion!

Sooo Blueflag has become so popular, participants would join in so fast (50 in 45 seconds) that they crash the server twice in a row, hillarious! I loved the situation on twitch when XCom noticed the 50 in 45 seconds and changed his mind: "heck i'm joining before its full" and gets put back to server screen right away.

Good stuff! Made it a little easier that I couldnt make it to the start :D

LOL, yeah :D

Our TS got smashed with reaching the limit at 96 players, I'm sure there were other players trying to join, but they could not enter!

The DCS server is filled with 60 players, constantly so far for an hour almost.

We are now thinking of bringing up another iteration of the campaign on DCS ISRAEL server.

Was a great first session. The number of people queued up was fairly insane.

Was funny how much the player base turned over, theres still people joining who never played before.

Thanks to all that produced this event, its really a great way of bringing the community together, very open to all and a way for many to mix with and experience different competencies and styles. I think its my favourite thing in DCS and thanks once again!

Only Kub possible to be dropped by choppers, or also same with other SAMs ? (That UH-1 deploys/rearms Buk, Tor, Tunguska, Osa ?)

And Greg, can we just test just including 1x Tor + 1x Osa somewhere between the most important cities/FARPs/airfields with 2-3 ground commander slots per team? (so sth. like max 6 Osas + 6 Tors in the mission, no other ground units?)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Truly excellent event! Those who obeyed Greg's request (not to join all at the same time) could not join at all. Have spent 2 hours waiting for slot, then gave up...

Yeah sorry for that. Joined the channel to talk to you but didn't catch up as you had to leave. This had nothing to do with gameplay but with constant server crashes due to mass connection at start.

The thing is that DCS has an issue when mass connections occur at the same time in a server.

That causes crashes at mission restarts. We fixed it partially by setting a 20 seconds delay to help it load scripts first. But then it can happen again.

If it manages to hold for ~10 minutes then it is highly possible it will stay alive for the 3 hours session.

This also is the reason why a server may crash when 60 players are flying at the same time as there are massive connection and disconnection in the background at the same time.

So the guys who listened to the request helped to hold the server up.

Unfortunately the hype was big and everyone wanted to join so many pressed the button earlier...

We had 96 on teamspeak with 59 available slots on the server, some had to stay out of it including our selves (buddyspike team).

We hope we will be able to deliver more slots in the future.

Thanks for your understanding.

Only Kub possible to be dropped by choppers, or also same with other SAMs ? (That UH-1 deploys/rearms Buk, Tor, Tunguska, Osa ?)

And Greg, can we just test just including 1x Tor + 1x Osa somewhere between the most important cities/FARPs/airfields with 2-3 ground commander slots per team? (so sth. like max 6 Osas + 6 Tors in the mission, no other ground units?)

Yes only Kub, for this round it will stay as it is unfortunately in order not to mess with something that we didn't test before. Will gather feedback for the next one ;)

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

DAY ONE Tacview

Check the Defenders of Beslan (*NOB*Aries & *NOB*Wepar) clash with BLUE fighters on 00:36 near Beslan FARP!!! :joystick:

Wepar even brings his Hog home after killing a second F-15 and surviving a missile hit...

:megalol:

Unprecedented excitment and fun once again... great work guys!!! :thumbup:

Edit: Added Wepar's return video... :smilewink:

Edited by Aries

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...