should be:

[EXPORT_LUA]

"./AriesWings/AriesRadio.luac"

its not working with this line in the export.lua:

dofile("./AriesWings/AriesRadio.lua")

with this line its working for me:

dofile("./AriesWings/AriesRadio.luac")

Great work.

I too have issues running in windowed mode. Would it be possible to preset radios before entering a session so one could run full screen and have a working radio in a vehicle without a modelled radio panel?

You can preset the radios, so I gues it would be a matter of being able to run full-screen with the radio panel hidden. You wouldn't be able to check which Preset you're on, though.

I have just given it a try (alone, so can't say if it is actually working - though I don't doubt it), and have noticed two things a little annoying:

- I have a big performance when the game is unpaused (radio initializing I guess), and again a smaller one when some changes are made (like, every time I press a radio switch in the A-10C) - the game freezes for like half a second or so. Is it just me, or do others have this? If this is unavoidable, I guess I'll live with it, though.

- The keyboard bindings for frequency selection in FC3 aircrafts works well, but it looks like there is no way to select which radio to change without transmitting on it (ie. there is only a select + PTT, so if I want to switch my UHF radio to another frequency, I have to X-mit on it first - not very radio dicipline-friendly).

Is there no way to force DCS diplaying the mouse cursor?

Otherwise, it looks pretty good, though I still have to test it with others :)

Oh, maybe in the future, when other more urgent things are taken care of, improving the design and looks of the radio panel so that it blends better with the DCS environment could be a good idea.

BTW, the other mods you guys are working on also seem great, can't wait to see them released :thumbup:

@Chriz6662

It was really an error. I will change it immediately. It influences the case, if an export.lua exists already. The 'dofile' entry gets the wrong name in this case. If the scripts folder and export.lua have to be created then it would work normal.

@Robin Hood

I would believe the impression of freeze is a side effect of the keyboard focus. As soon as you hit the radio panel with a mouse click the keyboard focus ids given to the radio panel . When you release the mouse button , the keyboard focus is forced back to the DCS window. This causes some spectacular changes in the DCS window. While the button is down, the taskbar may become visible and other visible effects could happen. In any case it initiates a screen refresh. But I could not observe, that the simulation flow is interrupted. Unfortunately I have to maintain this procedure. If the keyboard focus would stay with the radio panel after a mouse click, the DCS window would not accept any keyboard input. This confuses most of the users.

For the design I am a bit in a Trap. The idea was to have a universal input device used with all types of radio. The additional panel was first meant for FC3 and CA only. It turned out, that it was an advantage not to fly loops while changing a radio frequency. So I left the panel visible even for a-10C, KA50 and P51.

Yes, it works with the latest version of TeamSpeak. If a new version is available, the software will be adjusted immediately. The information will be posted here and on the Aries Wings website.

And as I stated before, I am thinking of a full screen version. But I sign all documents with

'don't rush me'

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's fine Mike. You could drop the FC3 radio window and in stead make just 3 frequencies for them and adjustable through a config file. I believe the popup window is sources to a lot of problems. We will eventually have DCS level fighters with normal radios.

Looking forward to testing it this week.

Couple questions,

Will this allow for communication between A-10C and CA units? Will it also allow for communication between the Huey (when it comes out) and other units?

Looking forward to a TAR alternative!

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

So looking at the manual and your website I'm getting excited about it.

With the air units (A-10C, KA-50, and P51) would the in-sim game be different from the radio box radios - or are they tied together? If they aren't tied together we would need to change the radios on both radios when switching frequencies for ATC or tankers.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

So looking at the manual and your website I'm getting excited about it.

With the air units (A-10C, KA-50, and P51) would the in-sim game be different from the radio box radios - or are they tied together? If they aren't tied together we would need to change the radios on both radios when switching frequencies for ATC or tankers.

As I understand it, for the A-10C, Ka-50 and P-51D, you just need to use the in-game radio controls, and can (maybe should) deactivate the radio panel.

That's fine Mike. You could drop the FC3 radio window and in stead make just 3 frequencies for them and adjustable through a config file. I believe the popup window is sources to a lot of problems. We will eventually have DCS level fighters with normal radios.

I disagree. While the radio window may certainly be a source of issues, I think it is infinitely better than FC3 aircrafts are able to switch channels. Anything less would be almost as dull as plain Teamspeak use to me. Realistic comms need switchable channels (and Guard) (IMO).

The other issues is still that the keyboard shorcuts to change frequencies does it on the selected radio, and therefore that you have to speak on a radio right before changing frequency - bad radio dicipline. Frankly I don't know how to get around that - at the moment I will probably use the mouse (though the cursor is hidden in-game, it appears when hovering the radio window) for that. It's not like I will be switching frequencies all the time.

@towsim

Actually, what I experience really seem like true freezes, especially when (in the A-10C) I use the in-game radio panels controls. It seems that during the time it takes for the plug-in to take into account the modification (like switching from manual to preset on the UHF, or turning on any of the radios) and apply it, the simulation is halted. (I am not clicking or doing anything on the radio panel - though it ain't turned off).

I will make a few further tests, and hopefully cross-check with others to see if it's just me.

Edited by Robin_Hood

Towsim, how the KY58 (A-10C) is implemented ? Is functional as real standard code ?

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

There are 6 internal encryption keys hard wired for the moment. So if you power on the box and select VHF or UHF encryption together with one of the 6 keys selected, your voice is not hearable any longer for other listener on the same frequency band, unless they have set the same encryption configuration. In a first version I produced a screeching noise from the encrypted voice. But my fellows found it annoying. If you have an idea how the encrypted voice should be presented, let me know. In the real world the encryption is done by time and frequency hopping. I do not know what the hearable result is of such an encryption.

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the party, and best of luck with your mod.

Since we have the encryption system and screen overlays as a low priority item with TARS, I am sure there's plenty of interest to be generated with those features. Let me know if you have issues with the TS3 API, it can be a bit of a minefield at times, especially when they release updates.

I do not know what the hearable result is of such an encryption.

Mike

This is none that was kinda the whole point of it, they wont be on the same channel as you at all.

Anyway it's not just channel jumping, there's sending/receiving encryption codes before sending radio data.

Edited by TimeKilla

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

I still got those heavy freezes at the Unpausing of the game. I wonder if that could be because Teamspeak and DCS World are on different hard drives ? Sounds weird but who knows. I should make some tests (reinstall, try on same drive, things like that).

Oh, another thing. It looks like the keyboard inputs are not able to switch presets. With manual frequencies it works, but with presets, although the number changes, frequencies in Teamspeak do not change.

Edited by Robin_Hood

@Robin Hood

there is really a short time gap when you start the mission. This is caused by the D3D initialization and the window build up. At this moment the radio panel is created. On my test machines it is very short, not to say almost imperceptible. I will look for a solution when I implement the full screen version. It is the same construction work. For the keyboard control, I will have a look...

Regards

Mike

Result for Robin Hood:

I just checked the keyboard control and found that all worked normal. The only situation I could assume is the compulsion, that the box must be selected to change the mode via keyboard. This is even necessary for the frequency digit change. If you have the time, I would appreciate if you could test the keyboard control again under the described prerequisites.

Regards

Mike

Edited by towsim

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I will test it again, and see if others have the same issue. Thing is, the correct radio was selected and the panel responded correctly, and showed the preset changing. In Teamspeak infos, though, the frequency didn't change.

I will come back to you after further tests.

Also, I have no idea why the freeze is so long on my computer. I was playing with someone who hadn't noticed anything. Does being the server changes anything ? Else I don't know, maybe my video card is getting overloaded (thinking of that since you said D3D). Anyway it is not terribly annoying, especially since it seems to be a rather isolated issue.

This can even be confusing. It depends on , what presets are stored. I noticed many times, that the preset channel had the same frequency value as the manual set frequency. You can test this easily by clicking and holding the displayed channel number. The display then changes to the preset frequency as long as you hold the left mouse button down. Now you can compare the shown frequency with that displayed in TeamSpeak. If the values are the same then it is all ok. It is important to know, that the presets in the A10, KA58 and P51 are read out of the cockpit radios, whatever is stored there. So another test could be to set your own preset frequencies in a cockpit box and then compare if it is sent correctly to the panel and to TeamSpeak. But use caution, the VHF boxes have to be in manual setting and the UHF box must be in preset mode for the programming. And you must increment or decrement the UHF channel once after the presetting.

Regards

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was reading the description of the Ground Radio and I see that there are eigth fixed channels. How do we configure those channels?

I would suggest more radios configurable on the fly, at least another one.

Thx.

There is a configuration program. You can define the frequencies of your choice for each channel. Furthermore you may define the labels for the landlines. The frequencies and labels you see for the moment is the default setup. I found the number of slots sufficient for the moment. It reflects the hardware I got use to for 30 years in a military tower. So it may be not the modern art. If you have something else in mind, please tell me.

Regards

Mike

Edited by towsim

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]