Aries Radio System

towsim

I really would like to go with a DCS World extension only. But this means at least 1 year of additional development to build all necessary TeamSpeak functionality. TeamSpeak Server and Client are rock solid. Therefore Aries Radio works as a TeamSpeak extension only.

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work Mike! The only problem having TeamSpeak as the voice server is future releases and making sure the mod is compatible with both DCS World and Teamspeak version. I completely understand the reason for using TeamSpeak ;)

EDIT: Thanks for the manual installation guide! Really a god quick guide :D

138th.Jack

Really great work. Only thing is the 'windowed mode' is a dealbreaker for me :( I can't live without Vsync and the performance hit isn't worth it. Will be watching it really closely though!

Do you mean the FPS loss when going from full-screen to windowed mode? And does Vsync stop working in windowed mode?

EDIT: Confirmed, Vsync does not work on windowed-mode.

Edited by HiJack

so i got the buzz fixed when speaking after reinstalling teamspeak, it still happens in the capture test in teamspeak options, but that doesnt really matter.

The jamming normally happens when sending text messages in a loop from client to client. I experienced that during the development and when I visited public servers which were captured by net pirates . I changed to another TeamSpeak function internally for sending radio status messages and it seems to be ok. If you are sure that Aries Radio could be the reason, please keep me informed if you experience this continuously.

Thanks

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, you can find it in C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\AriesRadio\ AriesRadioLog_log.html. There is even a direct access offered in the TeamSpeak Plugins Menu. But I am afraid that it would not notice such a situation. I will add a function to the internal watch dog if you confirm this bug. In any case, it would help to send the log file to support@ariescon.com. I can probably recognize a situation which could produce side effects.

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you say "windowed only mode" do you mean we have to run DCS:World in windowed mode or that this program is run in windowed mode?

Many thanks, the application looks fantastic.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

I can't use modifiers for the hotkeys (select radio for example) for my JOYSTICk (keyboard works fine). What i want to do, Push button 11 + POV hat to select X. Would that be possible? Can't wait to try this, awesome dude!

(I just noticed, I can't bind the POV hat at all. My joystick is Thrustmaster T-Flight Stick X (not hotas ver.)

Another really small thing: On my screen 1920x1080, the whole "configuration" window stretches about the whole screen under my taskbar. The buttons which are "safe" and "exit" i guess, are hidden. I need to pull down my taskbar to reach them. :) Just really small thingy i noticed.

• ED Team

The performance hit when using windowed mode is to much for me, but I will watch to see if this changes in the future.

Keep up the good work.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@Robin Hood

In case of A-10C, KA50 and P51, the entire switch logic remains in the cockpit boxes. If you switch to an ADF frequency and the HSI or a radio compass is bound to that receiver it should work. It would not work for all other vehicles because they do not have any radio logic in DCS World.

@ApoNOOB

Good information, I had the wrong glasses on my nose. Will work on it.

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]