DCS: Black Shark - Dev Updates - 09 July 2008

Wags

Cool more updates.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
While I'm happy with the list, especially the Mi-24, I would like to know if you consider adding any european aircraft in the future or if DCS will be another cold war style sim with USA vs Russia technology?

We would certainly consider doing European aircraft in DCS but right now we simply lack the needed data to model one properly. Same goes for US Navy aircraft.

To quote from the FAQ:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=718&scr=default&lang=en

Q: While is it good that Eagle strives to make very detailed vehicle simulations, how about developing some additional vehicles at a lesser detail level that you may not have complete data for

A: Given our equal focus on military-grade simulations for non-entertainment purposes, we now only pursue projects that we have ample data for such that we can demo to the military as representative of what we can do for them. Guess work is not an option. While no synthetic simulation will ever be 100% accurate given the constraints of the PC platform, we strive to be as close to that as we can. Knowingly making educated guesses is again not an option (see point 1). This level of detail is one of the primary hallmarks of the new DCS line of products and just one thing that separates it from the Lock On line and other PC-based helicopter sims. We realize that this restricts us to the number of aircraft we can model, but even with the aircraft we have good data for, we will be busy for at least the next decade.

Jag. Yes its old and out of service but hay, no radar no problem, plus you get three countries out of it GBR/FR and India. Or the Hawk for training up on for the bigger A/Cs...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I'm just a bit curious on why ED chose to do this particular order:

1- A-10A Suite 2

2- A-10C Suite 3

3- AH-64A Blk. 49A

4- Su-27

5- F-15C

6- Mi-24V

7- F-16C

8- MiG-29A

So basically, after black shark, then next one would be the A-10. Wouldn't this kinda offset the balance, half of the people online is riding around in an A-10 and the other half is in a black shark. If it was an Su-25, then I would understand since the frogfoot could provide support to the ka-50, but in this case, the A-10 would probably murder the helos. That being said, shouldn't the apache come out next? So it would be like a general helo game like EECH before the fast-movers come in.

Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about this new development, I'm just a bit curious, that's all. lol, but since we are going out of order anyway, let the flanker come out next :D lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jag. Yes its old and out of service but hay, no radar no problem, plus you get three countries out of it GBR/FR and India. Or the Hawk for training up on for the bigger A/Cs...

But is the engine start up sequence different on the french version...? These things matter now. :(

+1 though on the Jaguar (or Mig-27 which could act as the Soviet A-10)

1- A-10A Suite 2

2- A-10C Suite 3

3- AH-64A Blk. 49A

4- Su-27

5- F-15C

6- Mi-24V

7- F-16C

8- MiG-29A

So basically, after black shark, then next one would be the A-10. Wouldn't this kinda offset the balance, half of the people online is riding around in an A-10 and the other half is in a black shark. If it was an Su-25, then I would understand since the frogfoot could provide support to the ka-50, but in this case, the A-10 would probably murder the helos. That being said, shouldn't the apache come out next? So it would be like a general helo game like EECH before the fast-movers come in.

Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about this new development, I'm just a bit curious, that's all. lol, but since we are going out of order anyway, let the flanker come out next :D lol

From the first post of Wags.

The actual order of release is still up in the air.

sigpic4165_1.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=36435&d=1266786388

So which Su-27 model do ED have information about S or P, And is there a chance to get hold off the SM information?

Russian domestic version of the SMK mid-life upgrade, with N001V radar which has an additional search/detection mode with greater range. Entering service today. I would be happy whit PD model whitout radar. :)

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

• ED Team

1- A-10A Suite 2

2- A-10C Suite 3

3- AH-64A Blk. 49A

4- Su-27

5- F-15C

6- Mi-24V

7- F-16C

8- MiG-29A

In whatever order the next flyables will come out, i dont think Online play is the key focus just yet. World-wide, how many lockon players *actually* play online?

Take me for instance, i never fly online :P

So what do you guys think the codenames will be?

1- A-10A Suite 2 - DCS: Warthog / Hog

2- A-10C Suite 3 - ??

3- AH-64A Blk. 49A - DCS: Apache

4- Su-27 - DCS: Flanker (ooh the nostalgia!) :)

5- F-15C - DCS: Eagle

6- Mi-24V - DCS: Hind / Crocodile

7- F-16C - DCS: Viper

8- MiG-29A - DCS: Fulcrum

Any nicknames/codenames for these that you know of?

My two questions regarding the last Dev update (A-10, to be specific):

1) Since you have "the permission form the USAF to develop an entertainment version of the A-10C simulation" could you tell how much different the two products will be? Of course commercial simulator won't be as detailed as the one for the military use, but is it possible at this point to determine some major differences (e.g. because of the permission restrictions etc.)?

2) Since there will be DCS: A-10C, don't you think that release of A version in this case is somehow superfluous?

• Like 1

1) Since you have "the permission form the USAF to develop an entertainment version of the A-10C simulation" could you tell how much different the two products will be? Of course commercial simulator won't be as detailed as the one for the military use, but is it possible at this point to determine some major differences (e.g. because of the permission restrictions etc.)?

2) Since there will be DCS: A-10C, don't you think that release of A version in this case is somehow superfluous?

1.) that is an interesting question

2.) personally i would prefer the A model at first because i believe it will be more realistic as the C certainly would contain some classified stuff

anyhow, will be interesting to see what ED recons

by the way - forgot to mention it: Great Job ED and thanks for the update

cheers

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

In whatever order the next flyables will come out, i dont think Online play is the key focus just yet. World-wide, how many lockon players *actually* play online?

Take me for instance, i never fly online :P

How can you survive without playing a Sim Online:D (How boring:music_whistling:)

I think for many ppl(maybe exclude LockOn Player(?), don't know...) it is very important to play Online.

And also I think, most ppl will play COOP instead of ForceOnForce. Especially with an "unbalanced" Game.

From the first post of Wags:

Originally Posted by Wags

The actual order of release is still up in the air

UFFF you just give me lots of hope!!!

There are many people who want MIG29 or SU27, i saw MIG29 (my best) the last one, i was getting very sad :(

Greetings

So what do you guys think the codenames will be?

1- A-10A Suite 2 - DCS: Warthog / Hog

2- A-10C Suite 3 - ??

3- AH-64A Blk. 49A - DCS: Apache

4- Su-27 - DCS: Flanker (ooh the nostalgia!) :)

5- F-15C - DCS: Eagle

6- Mi-24V - DCS: Hind / Crocodile

7- F-16C - DCS: Viper

8- MiG-29A - DCS: Fulcrum

Any nicknames/codenames for these that you know of?

And if ED ever releases a package deal of all aircrafts, they should call it: DCS: NO SLEEP

• Like 1

Helicopters fly.

Just a guess, but I would say ED are quite far along with the A10a , and since they only just got permission to use the A10c , it will take a fair bit longer to knock into shape for release.

Given the choice between having the A10a + A10c or just the A10c...well..it's no choice at all really :) .. the sooner the better (though I'm personally most excited about the KA-50 for some reason)

The A-10C has already been done in some shape or form for the USAF ...

Just a guess, but I would say ED are quite far along with the A10a , and since they only just got permission to use the A10c , it will take a fair bit longer to knock into shape for release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The A-10C has already been done in some shape or form for the USAF ...

Yep, I'm assuming that the A10a is near completion (/hope) , and that the A10c will need to be DCS'd from it's commercial state and would follow near behind...possibly the longest steps would be for testing and Mission / campain creation specifically for it (oh, and maybe Doc's?)..

anyway, all guess work of course..just getting excited about the prospect ;)